Xeno Crisis coming to Neo Geo

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
I went back to check if I had read it properly, yes indeed, they did say it was going to be on the Neo Geo. I hope they don't take the easy road. It definitely looks the part "We’re pleased to say that we have more Neo Geo titles in the works, so for now we’ll just give you this logo for one of them as a simple teaser..."

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
October 16 they said:

We’re pleased to say that we have more Neo Geo titles in the works, so for now we’ll just give you this logo for one of them as a simple teaser...

I must have misinterpreted this to mean their next game was being designed from the ground up with the Neo Geo as the base platform. Even put it in my video. The video clearly shows this isn't the case. Oh well, my mistake.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
There are no words for the disappointment :conf:
They did say in the Twitter replies that they are still making a Neo Geo version. This could still be good. I would be happy to buy it on a modern platform, and then order the Neo Geo version when it becomes available.

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
I just saw a message from Bitmap Bureau that said BOTH Final Vendetta and BattleAxe are coming to Neo Geo!

PGorath

New Challenger
How about they get this game right first? I'm coming to the conclusion that I've been scammed out of $300+ on this non-working cart with still no instructions on where to send to get it fixed.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
How about they get this game right first? I'm coming to the conclusion that I've been scammed out of $300+ on this non-working cart with still no instructions on where to send to get it fixed.
Someone commented on my video and said they shipped the cart to Mobius Strip Technologies and they got it back already with the fixes. Bitmap paid for shipping. I wonder if they just haven't gone public yet because they can't field all the orders at once or they're hoping people will skip the fixes.

Sounds like you can just reach out to Bitmap Bureau and get it done.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
How’s about you stick it on your self and just look at it like a good Neo collectard Instead of playing it.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
So got my patched Xeno Crisis cart back from Mobious Strip Tech, unfortunately no change still no stereo music coming out of the right channel. There is a softdip setting that has to be enabled to ON (MV-1C) but for me it does nothing. Tested on both an OMVS MVS and Omega MVS. Reached out to Bitmap for suggestions.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
So got my patched Xeno Crisis cart back from Mobious Strip Tech, unfortunately no change still no stereo music coming out of the right channel. There is a softdip setting that has to be enabled to ON (MV-1C) but for me it does nothing. Tested on both an OMVS MVS and Omega MVS. Reached out to Bitmap for suggestions.
Running in MVS or console mode? I assume you tried both.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Running in MVS or console mode? I assume you tried both.
You gotta be shitting me! That did the trick man! Thank you for that suggestion, I never would have thought that setting would only work in MVS mode. So cool that its fixed but sucks that I cant play in AES mode with stereo music.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
A lot of soft dip settings don't have any effect in console mode. It depends on the game.

Wish the Xeno Crisis fix worked in both.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I'm probably going to send mine in now I guess. So basically with the fix it behaves the same way as it did with the Unibios memory patch applied on all AESes and all other MVS boards? And then to use the MV-1C, you enable the soft dip setting and play in MVS mode.

(I'm guessing you don't want that option enabled on non-MV-1C boards because it will reverse the audio.)

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
I'm probably going to send mine in now I guess. So basically with the fix it behaves the same way as it did with the Unibios memory patch applied on all AESes and all other MVS boards? And then to use the MV-1C, you enable the soft dip setting and play in MVS mode.

(I'm guessing you don't want that option enabled on non-MV-1C boards because it will reverse the audio.)
That is my understanding yes, with this fix the MV-1C boards now have stereo audio enabled in MVS mode as we now know. Your guess on the non-MV-1C boards makes sense, and I believe they stated as such for people who did not have a MV-1C board but wanted the option for the fix should they play it on one (1C) in the future.

So for me when I finally get my two Gold cabs moved indoors (huge thanks to BIG BEAR for repairing both my boards!) I would change the setting to NO I guess to disable this (although if you leave the Demo Sound setting as is I wonder what happens?). FYI the MV-1C setting is actually in the Demo Sound setting (so ON, OFF, ON (MV-1C), OFF (MV-1C) or something like that).

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I got my fixed cart back from Mobius.

It's too bad they haven't been more public about this. Game Sack just did a video and he didn't seem to know about the known audio issues and the fix. In fact he seemed bewildered about the whole thing. And he has both carts.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
This is on sale for $9.99 on Steam until the 27th. I believe that is an all-time low. It's worth mentioning that it's also Steam Deck Verified.