Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U)

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Now that the title for the game is official I thought it was time for a thread for the game I am most excited to play on the Wii U, Xenoblade Chronicles X. The release date is TBD 2015. However, Nintendo provided a post-digital event Tree House episode specifically for the game. The video shows the story's intro and more than half an hour of gameplay footage.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
So is this a sequel or a remake?

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
The first trailer a year (?) back looked rad, this new one not so much.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I've only watched the teaser, I'm not watching a bunch of gameplay that will spoil it.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I was excited for this the moment it was revealed for Wii u. Something about the sci fi epicness and the fact its related to one of my favorite Wii games sealed the deal for me. If they make a limited edition, I'm all in.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
The first trailer a year (?) back looked rad, this new one not so much.

Yeah I agree. I mean I'm sure the game will be cool, but that 2nd trailer doesn't really get you pumped...it was pretty poorly made.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Definitely getting this day one.

I bought my Wii U mostly for this and Bayonetta 2. With how poorly the system has been selling I was worried one (or both) would get canceled, but thankfully Nintendo has decided to try to save the system with games rather than take Sony's approach to the Vita (they said this week that the system's future is pretty much just niche third party games and indies; they're essentially abandoning it).

It's really awesome to see Nintendo publishing games like Xenoblade Chronicles X, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 1 and 2, The Wonderful 101, Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei, and Devil's Third. Stepping outside their normal comfort zone, taking risks, crossing over their IPs with third parties, catering to their longtime fans again instead of soccer moms (not that I dislike the Wii; I just appreciate that the Wii U feels more like the Gamecube did).

EDIT:
Also, I would do unspeakable things to see Fatal Frame V localized. It's coming to Wii U in Japan, but Nintendo of America didn't publish Fatal Frame IV or the remake of Crimson Butterfly for Wii.

An HD collection of I-IV and then a full release of V would be a really cool thing. DO IT NINTENDO, DO IT.

Last edited:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I know i'm gonna preorder,xenoblade chonicles x asap that game is one of the reason why i bought a wii u.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I don't know about you guys but, I wasn't as impressed as everyone else of Nintendo at E3. Basically, what I heard was that every game they announced wasn't even coming out until 2015. The rest was just filler for Smash Bros., which I avoid like the plague.

Sorry, that rant was probably best left in the E3 thread but, oh well.

As far as Xenosaga Chronicles, I bought the game when it came out, played it a little, and stopped. What I couldn't stand was the 50 million side quests that constantly needed attention, some were even missable if you didn't do them right away. There was one in particular where the game expected you to walk past a level 85 monster, grab a treasure chest, and somehow make it back out alive.

I'm sure I'm missing out by not finishing it but, if I did, I don't see how I'd be able to just pick it up where I left off...way too much stuff to keep track of. I'd almost be better off starting over.

That said, I hope this one (X) tones down the number of side quests and keeps it simple.

Jon

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
I don't see why it would keep down the number of side quests. They're optional, and Xenoblade did them better than probably any RPG ever before it.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I don't see why it would keep down the number of side quests. They're optional, and Xenoblade did them better than probably any RPG ever before it.

Well, IIRC, that was basically the best way to gain exp...through side quests. After a while, the enemies stopped being useful for grinding, that's just me, though. Like I said, I wasn't very far in the game.

As for optional, to me, they're not optional. I try to do everything in a game...within reason. I don't think I'll ever see the Sword of Kings in Earthbound, for instance. Or, Kimahri's Sigil in FFX.

Jon

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
If you choose to do everything in a game you choose to do the side quests. They're still optional as far as seeing the story goes.

Grinding was quite possible without doing any side-questing. There were powerful enemies scattered throughout the game. I went after some on Gaur Plain and that swamp place to level up for the final battle.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Or, Kimahri's Sigil in FFX.

It's not hard at all, it's just that the sub game is really poorly done, the movement of the red butterflies is meaningless, there are just certain fixed points on the tree trunk that trigger the random encounters. There were maps of the correct routes in one of the FFX Ultimania guides, you can probably find scans of it online, I can't seem to find mine.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Not this time you can even order it through amazon.

Lesson learned, I suppose.
Serves you right Nintendo.

That move irked me, and I wasn't even particularly excited or impressed by the game.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I don't know about you guys but, I wasn't as impressed as everyone else of Nintendo at E3. Basically, what I heard was that every game they announced wasn't even coming out until 2015. The rest was just filler for Smash Bros., which I avoid like the plague.
The rest of this year's lineup is still pretty good:
Wii Sports Club
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta (announced at E3)
Bayonetta 2
Just Dance 2015
Transformers
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (announced at E3)
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric
LEGO Batman 3
Pacman Ghostly Adventures 2
Project CARS
Skylanders 4
Art Academy Sketchpad (announced at E3)
Super Smash Bros 4
Disney Infinity Marvel
Watch Dogs

Plus the usual third party stuff that will probably be announced (Activision always keeps the Nintendo version of CoD under wraps until right before launch for some reason) and a bunch of downloadables (Steamworld Dig, AVGN, Pushmo World, Tengami, Teslagrad, Pinball Arcade, Super Ubie Island, Shovel Knight, 2 Shantae games, Oddworld, Hyper Light Drifter, Guacamelee Super Turbo, etc).

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
The rest of this year's lineup is still pretty good:
Wii Sports Club
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta (announced at E3)
Bayonetta 2
Just Dance 2015
Transformers
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (announced at E3)
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric
LEGO Batman 3
Pacman Ghostly Adventures 2
Project CARS
Skylanders 4
Art Academy Sketchpad (announced at E3)
Super Smash Bros 4
Disney Infinity Marvel
Watch Dogs

Plus the usual third party stuff that will probably be announced (Activision always keeps the Nintendo version of CoD under wraps until right before launch for some reason) and a bunch of downloadables (Steamworld Dig, AVGN, Pushmo World, Tengami, Teslagrad, Pinball Arcade, Super Ubie Island, Shovel Knight, 2 Shantae games, Oddworld, Hyper Light Drifter, Guacamelee Super Turbo, etc).

gif.gif

Dude for the most part that is a horrible lineup. Not. Even. Trolln.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Why can't sega get off its ass and make a remake/sequel to arcadia, since we are just wishing to the universe at this point.