XRGB-3 or XRGB-mini Framemeister?

Dinodoedoe

Bub & Bob's Bub,
20 Year Member
I have an XRGB-2 Plus and it's nice but I need to use a VGA to component converter box so it will display properly on my 42" HDTV. I'm curious if the XRGB-3 is able to display on a larger display right out of the box and is the input lag for the Framemeister really noticeable?

If you only want one box, which box is the one to get?

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
The biggest difference is the mini has HDMI in and Out. The XRGB-3 does not.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
XRGB3 only outputs VGA and DVI
the B1 mode (vga only) has 2ms lag

B0 mode over VGA or DVI will have about 2 frames (~20ms) of lag just like the framemeister

but if you are already taking VGA and converting it to component you have introduced lag already

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
With the XRGB-3 you can use a DVI to HDMI cable but some TVs are a little picky about it. Both are solid choices but I'm probably in the minority as I tend to prefer the 3

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
With the XRGB-3 you can use a DVI to HDMI cable but some TVs are a little picky about it. Both are solid choices but I'm probably in the minority as I tend to prefer the 3

How's the lag with that method? If it's better than the framemeister I'd like to go with the 3 as well.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I don't notice any lag at all, I can break specials in motw no problem as well as do rhythm games like parappa.

Plus I like the fact that the 3 has a VGA input that accepts 15hz, 31hz, and a component signal.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
DVI to HDMI converters are just simple pin converters, the signal is unchanged. It will not create additional lag.

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
From what i read the XRGB-3 can also accept the signal of the Taito F3 without the picture shaking up and down like my XRGB-mini.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Ah right, I recall Broken mentioning that. That's true. It can accept (some of) the weird arcade sync's.