Yagamikun's Game Room and AES Collection

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Game room as of 2/11/2020 - Bought a new home last year and worked for a few months sourcing and organizing a new, cozy game room. It's heavily SNK themed, but plenty of other console love as well. Everything looks slightly pink as I had the LED lights on "relax" mode when I took these shots. What you can't see - the wet bar and the stairwell with SNK 40th anniversary art gallery and some art I made of Terry that hangs over the entrance to the basement.

Attachments

• 20200210_200018.jpg
    20200210_200018.jpg
    703.5 KB · Views: 690
  • 20200210_200033.jpg
    20200210_200033.jpg
    676.4 KB · Views: 690
  • 20200210_185501.jpg
    20200210_185501.jpg
    750 KB · Views: 689
  • 20200210_200152.jpg
    20200210_200152.jpg
    799.1 KB · Views: 688
  • 20200210_200208.jpg
    20200210_200208.jpg
    851.4 KB · Views: 675
  • 20200210_200345.jpg
    20200210_200345.jpg
    511.3 KB · Views: 691
Last edited:

rodolfocm

Another Striker
That looks amazing, great job! I would kill for a good size room as my game room.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Comfortable yet clean and organized. Nicely done! Congrats on the new home and game room.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Comfortable yet clean and organized. Nicely done! Congrats on the new home and game room.

Thanks! I'm quite happy with how it turned out. Still have quite a bit of work to do on the wet bar, so I'll update pictures accordingly when it's finished.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Dude... that's very nice.

With so much room, you should have a Racing cab too!:buttrock:

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Dude... that's very nice.

With so much room, you should have a Racing cab too!:buttrock:

Thanks, man! Getting a racer is exactly the plan! The goal is to eventually get a single seat Scud Racer cab, and a Virtua Cop 2 cab. Would love a DDR set up too, but I don't want to deal with the maintenance on one of those things.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Looks great, love the little touch of the legacy lives on stickers on the shelving.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Looks great, love the little touch of the legacy lives on stickers on the shelving.

Thanks! Found that tape on the official SNK shop when I ordered some posters a couple months back. Couldn't pass it up, lol.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Is that a Mas two player neogeo cp or did you make that?

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Is that a Mas two player neogeo cp or did you make that?

You are correct, circa 1997. My buddy found it in his parent's basement over the holidays. Works great still, but needs a face lift. The CPO is pretty beat up. I can recreate the look and logo close enough in Photoshop, but wish I could find originals. I don't really want to touch it - but it's uncomfortable to play on due to the peeling and the industrial screws are pretty rusted. I also had an original Mas Supergun and two 6 button Mas sticks, but I sold off those and my original PCB collection about 17 years ago.

mas.jpg

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I didn't know they made 2 player cps. I love the feeling of playing on those. Feels just like it did back in the days at the arcades.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Looks good, I only see 1 CRT though!

IKEA shelving?

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Your game room is very clean and organized.
AeS shelves with the games angled look perfect.

Ceiling fan is the weak link in the room.
Get a flush mount fan. There are tons of modern looking fans that will look good with your recessed lights.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Your game room is very clean and organized.
AeS shelves with the games angled look perfect.

Ceiling fan is the weak link in the room.
Get a flush mount fan. There are tons of modern looking fans that will look good with your recessed lights.

The game room looks nice and neat but I could do without the angle look with the neo games. It's a game room, not a museum.

Makes me want to go there and just knock them over.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Super pimpin room and display. Really well done!

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
NeoDogg: Yeah, those $20 bookshelves from Ikea are crazy versatile. I have them all zip-tied together for stability. I have a nice Sony WEGA upstairs I use from time to time. I wanted a clean look for the game room, as well as a larger screen. Everything is running through either HDMI or component with a RetroTink2X on a very low-latency display for a modern TV in game mode (2015 Vizio M series). NES, SNES, and MD are Analogue consoles.

SR20: The Fan is the next thing to get changed out - project for spring! All of the recessed lights are color changing, smart LEDs.

Razo: Haha, I hear that - the domino impulse. I love SNK's art, so having a way to view the cover art is a personal preference for sure. Part of my hobby is to maintain and present an archival, museum like presentation for my game library. I love video game art, so having games on display suits my tastes. That said, all collections will eventually become bookcase style as I fill in some more gaps.

Thanks all for the props!

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
That Sengoku 2 with the thrashed insert. Did you pick that up recently. I could of sworn I seen one on ebay that looked just like it.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
That Sengoku 2 with the thrashed insert. Did you pick that up recently. I could of sworn I seen one on ebay that looked just like it.

Yeah, I got it off of Ebay recently - prolly the same one. Although, I privately sent the seller an offer as I wasn't about to pay what they were asking for it with the insert in that condition and no manual. Since I purchased another game off of him (also not paying the asking price), he was happy to give me a good deal for the combo. I never outright buy stuff on ebay, and I've gotten some crazy good deals just by asking even if there isn't an "offer" button on the listing.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yeah, I got it off of Ebay recently - prolly the same one. Although, I privately sent the seller an offer as I wasn't about to pay what they were asking for it with the insert in that condition and no manual. Since I purchased another game off of him (also not paying the asking price), he was happy to give me a good deal for the combo. I never outright buy stuff on ebay, and I've gotten some crazy good deals just by asking even if there isn't an "offer" button on the listing.

Yea, I think I sent him a offer for $80, $90, $100 but he declined lol. I wasn't going to pay a cent more.

Yea, I stopped buying neo games on ebay. Every once and awhile a nice buy it now price pops up or you get lucky on a auction bid but ebay prices are out of control. Totally not worth the price of what some of these sellers are asking.

At the end of the day thrashed insert or not you got a great game and that's all that matters. Enjoy the shit out of it.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Yea, I think I sent him a offer for $80, $90, $100 but he declined lol. I wasn't going to pay a cent more.

Yea, I stopped buying neo games on ebay. Every once and awhile a nice buy it now price pops up or you get lucky on a auction bid but ebay prices are out of control. Totally not worth the price of what some of these sellers are asking.

At the end of the day thrashed insert or not you got a great game and that's all that matters. Enjoy the shit out of it.

Thanks man. I was so focused on collecting fighting games back in the 90's on the Neo that I'm having fun rediscovering some games like this and others I skipped over when I was younger. I'm building a huge update to my website with reviews and articles related to this journey I'll publish soon.