Yagamikun's Game Room and AES Collection

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Okay - There. My adult I-swear-I'm-not-going-thru-a-mid-life-crisis AES Collection.

View attachment 63818

64 Games Total | 54 CIB | 5 Loose w/Repro Case | 4 Real MVS Conversions | 1 EPROM Conversion
Loose:
Andro, Ninja Commando, Cyber Lip, Magician Lord (has manual), Windjammers
Conversions: Bomberman, Shock Troopers, Breaker's Revenge, Metal Slug 1
Eprom: Twinkle Star
Special Mention: SSVS Unfixed, Slug 3 First Print, most CIB and all big-tymer games are in excellent - mint condition.
Fun Fact: This is my THIRD (and fucking final) AES collection.

It's pretty much complete at this point for what I can afford/justify spending money on - maybe a couple more. (still looking for that bargain deal on ROTD...) heh 😉 This is all built over the last five years - and I've paid no where near current market value for the majority of these games. I've stumbled on some fantastic deals and made a few friends along the way. The rest of the gaps are filled in between my MVS and Neo CD collections.

I have LEDs in the basement on a warm, low-light setting 99% of the time. Brighter setting for this pic. Getting doors for the bookcases soon.
Ok...I thought I could deal with this but I can't...can you change the right side carts to match the left. The left side of carts need to point towards the center and the right side is out...
correct: >>>>>> [ ] <<<<<<

psycho: >>>>>> [ ] >>>>>>

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Ok...I thought I could deal with this but I can't...can you change the right side carts to match the left. The left side of carts need to point towards the center and the right side is out...
correct: >>>>>> [ ] <<<<<<

psycho: >>>>>> [ ] >>>>>>
Are you the guy who goes around the house lining up all the light switches so they're all uniform by any chance? :unsure:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
MVS conversions mmmhh
Repro cases mmmhhh

They need their own shelf or to be sold x
If I can't get the game minty or original, it's not bought in the first place, just go without

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Ok, so conversions are always going to be a bone of contention - personally I don't mind them, because y'know - fuck buggering my cart slots with mvs convertors.

But if you can get a legit loose cart what's wrong with rehousing it? Better than madmanjock collection of loose carts, and he's not trying to pass them off as fully legit.

I'm sure we'd all be happy with mint and complete, but in this day and age it's not so easy any more unfortunately.

But, yeah can also understand why some people would want 100% legit 100% complete carts warming their shelves.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
It's good they are being "rehomed" as such. Depends how much you pay for them I suppose, if it's good value then eh why not. I can't get carts from anywhere nowadays, thanks Brexit

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's better I suppose to have a case to store it in to protect the cart. Personally, I just hate to see the fake stuff mixed in with the real carts though. I'd rather leave it loose.

That said, it's a beautiful collection, and I respect @yagamikun doing it his way.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Personally, I just hate to see the fake stuff mixed in with the real carts though.
Not really a discussion for here - but what is "fake" exactly? I think it's going to mean a lot of different things to different people.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Not really a discussion for here - but what is "fake" exactly? I think it's going to mean a lot of different things to different people.
In this case I just mean aftermarket/fanmade stuff. Stuff that isn't part of the original retail game packaging. I don't think it's a subjective concept. Repro stuff isn't original.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
In this case I just mean aftermarket/fanmade stuff. Stuff that isn't part of the original retail game packaging. I don't think it's a subjective concept. Repro stuff isn't original.
Ok, I'd agree what constitutes the overall definition of fake is not subjective, but when you've got genuine components mixed in I do think it becomes subjective.

If you fit non-OEM brakes to your car, does that mean your driving around with fake brakes? Of course not.

With a videogame the most valuable component has to be the game itself, so if you've got a legit Last Resort but the case and insert are repro, it's not entirely fake is it?

I wouldn't even class a mvs to AES conversion as fake - unofficial, yes, but fake? It uses genuine parts for the game - why is it fake?

Anyway, I'm sure you see where I'm going with this, so gonna stop now, as we're derailing the thread.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Yes, I agree with you. And nothing at all against yagamikun's fantastic collection.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Ok, so conversions are always going to be a bone of contention - personally I don't mind them, because y'know - fuck buggering my cart slots with mvs convertors.

But if you can get a legit loose cart what's wrong with rehousing it? Better than madmanjock collection of loose carts, and he's not trying to pass them off as fully legit.

I mean many folks have bare MVS carts and don’t give a toss - so I have no problem applying the same logic to bare AES carts - IF the price is right. Most my games are boxed and complete, I just don’t mind the odd bare cart as well. It’s 2023, you aren’t getting a fully boxed Last Blade 2 for $300 anymore.

Underneath that cartridge plastic case it’s all SNK circuits and chips, and that’s what matters more to me when it comes to originality.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I don’t, it’s part the history of the game.

Kinda annoys me that ‘fixed’ copies of SSV Special go for less than ‘unfixed’

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I wonder who here might care if they opened a cart and found repair work that SNK did at the factory.
I still can't believe when I collected MVS carts how shitty SNK did on some of the carts they swapped over. I remember opening a MVS of Burning Fight with the brown tape covering the work. I guess it didn't matter because it was in an arcade machine but it looked like half ass slapped together work.

TK86079

Mr. Big's Thug
Love your collection, I also have an original Voltage Fighter cart and manual and use a repro Insert, imo, better as a loose cart.