You call that a knife? Machete halts Knife Attack

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
The reporter writing headlines for this hyperlocal piece prolly had a field day, amused by the pop culture connection, even if it's 3 decades late.
From Paterson, NJ:

http://thealternativepress.com/articles/machete-whack-halts-park-avenue-knife-attack
Machete Whack Halts Park Avenue Knife Attack

Joe Malinconico

Thursday, March 8, 2012 • 11:15am

PATERSON, NJ - A machete usually wins out over a pocketknife in a street brawl. At least that seemed to be the case during a scuffle early Thursday morning on Park Avenue near the train station.

A 28-year-old city man was stabbing two people with a pocketknife at about 3 am when someone with a machete intervened and struck him in the head with the weapon, police said.

Authorities say they are not sure of the identity of the "third party" who wielded the machete. That person left the scene before police arrived.

But the man with the pocketknife, Miguel Robinson, 28, of Hamilton Avenue, was taken to St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center where he was treated for a head laceration, police said. He also was arrested by Police Officer Bijoy Rodriguez and charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a knife, said Lt. Richard Reyes.

Reyes said Robinson was having a verbal altercation with a 21-year-old Paterson man when Robinson started stabbed the man multiple times with a pocketknife. When the victim's 23-year-old girlfriend intervened, Robinson started stabbing her, police said.

That's when the person with the machete came to the rescue, police said. The two stabbed with the pocketknife also required hospital treatment, police said.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
This story makes me want to sharpen my machete. I can't help but wonder about where a machete wielding good citizen came from. The case sounds like a solid example of defense of a third party and thereby a legal use of deadly force. Maybe NJ has some anti-hatchet laws. Who knows.

Story would have been cooler had there been a quickening.

Last edited:

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
This story makes me want to sharpen my machete. I can't help but wonder about where a machete wielding good citizen came from. The case sounds like a solid example of defense of a third party and thereby a legal use of deadly force. Maybe NJ has some anti-hatchet laws. Who knows.

Story would have been cooler had there been a quickening.

Somewhere in this world, at this moment, a Mexican balladeer is crooning in praise of this machete-wielding folkhero.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
perhaps these would be good to have 'on hand':

200px-Spiked_Knuckles.png

of course, i'm sure we remember this old friend:

BladedSpikedBrassKnuckles.jpg

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Funny enough, i'm watching Machete on Korean TV. What a great great night. :)