You sending your kids to school tomorrow?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
A bunch of my co-workers, all mothers, were buzzing about this on FB just now: I don't know if it's a bullshit lie or not, but, supposedly there's a Tik Tok challenge for kids to bring weapons to school tomorrow...

Kind of sounds like 4chan trolling shenanigans to me, but who knows?

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
that is the exact type of thing a bunch of dumbitch CNA moms would be squarking about at work . Did they talk about Grand Theft Auto being bad for child brains too

@M

20 Year Member
A reminder to the mayor of Metro City, per canon, you are only permitted to have one child, a daughter, otherwise the Mad Gear gang will become confused and disillusioned about their criminal goals in life. Further, if the Mad Gear gang encourages local children to bring weapons to school (never mind that, when broken, statistically, every 5th desk already contains a knife, pipe, or katana) you are obligated to spinning piledriver and suplex said scoundrels into submission.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
A bunch of my co-workers, all mothers, were buzzing about this on FB just now: I don't know if it's a bullshit lie or not, but, supposedly there's a Tik Tok challenge for kids to bring weapons to school tomorrow...

Kind of sounds like 4chan trolling shenanigans to me, but who knows?

We got an email about it basically chastising parents for not monitoring their children's social media usage more carefully which allowed this stupid meme to spread which in turn "creates anxiety for students, parents, and staff."

Fuck off.

It isn't even 4chan level trolling. It's the most vague 'threat' I have ever seen. It's basically a coordinated school skip day suggestion wrapped up in a totally undetailed 'school threat'.

It is further proof that a culture that puts safety above all else has completely crippled itself into inaction. Certainly can't go about your lives as normal because what if something did actually happen? Then you'd be crucified for not taking every student that ever pointed his finger at another student to say 'bang' out of class, do a full investigation, bring in the cops, send all students home because of the threat, contact all parents to explain your handling of the student and how all threats are taken seriously.

And blame TikTok while you're at it.

Some kids just didn't want to go to school. Some will get their wish.

@M

20 Year Member
I think it was several months back, but, I remember somebody started something similar except it was a sexually assault women day instead of bring weapons to school. I don't recall if that was on Tik Tok too or somewhere else...

One has to wonder if terrorists might do more damage in our country with dumb shit like this than actual bombs if enough crazy people acted on it?

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
All schools in the US put up metal detectors after Columbine, they should be good.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
But wait ! Tomorrow is saturday, aren't schools closed?

@M

20 Year Member
It was for today. I think it was a little after midnight when I made the thread, my bad.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Facebook Moms... when was the last time they had useful information.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Well no, it was true, it just isn't anymore.
I was in 4th grade when the shooting happened and there was never a metal detector at my elementary, middle, or high school. All three of which are less than five miles from Columbine High School itself.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I was in 4th grade when the shooting happened and there was never a metal detector at my elementary, middle, or high school. All three of which are less than five miles from Columbine High School itself.
They just legalised weed instead and now nobody can be bothered to do anything

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
They were in every school in my area for maybe 5 years then they got rid of them (and the security guards) because they were too expensive.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Don't forget it's international gang day tomorrow. Roadside baby cribs are bait and you will be shot by initiates.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Can you believe people used to spend money on stamps to mail shit like this around?

Wild.