You wa shockk

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Oh I did that as well, but that was just on Sundays.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Movie posters can be cool, they just have to have awesome art and the movie itself needs to be good. But the real key thing is that they need to be properly framed. Don't just go to Walmart and buy a cheap ass plastic frame. If you have a bunch of comic book movies or boring shit like Jurassic Park in cheap frames then you aren't doing it right. Same with band posters, get screen printed concert posters there are some absolutely gorgeous ones out there. Even worse if you just tack posters to the wall or have anime and video game wall scrolls everywhere and you're an adult you probably do wear Pokemon shirts.

tumblr_db4fa1029fb427ae39e5e690ba4f9f38_ea85f37a_1280.jpg
Something like that professionally framed looks amazing.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I get your basic vibe, but I disagree here. There was a sort of “family action comedy” thing that they really mastered in the 80s. Back to the Future, Raiders, Goonies…they don’t make them like that anymore and I think it’s fine to be into that. None of these movies are the greatest though.
The Rock seems to be having a stab at this market, hit and miss.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
The guy my younger brother likes to make fun of is Joe from Gamesack.

"Can you imagine our father wearing that? "Hey, dudes! Look at me in my Daimakaimura shirt at 50+ years old."

Jon

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Have you watched Goonies recently? It's complete nonsense. It was cool when we were 6, but it doesn't hold up well, somehow. The pure complacency of the 80s is very, very strong with it. I wish I hadn't gone back to watch it as an adult.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
its a movie for kids. next thing you tell us that the karate kid isn't actually using any real karate.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Have you watched Goonies recently? It's complete nonsense. It was cool when we were 6, but it doesn't hold up well, somehow. The pure complacency of the 80s is very, very strong with it. I wish I hadn't gone back to watch it as an adult.
Not sure exactly how you may have remembered it but it's always been ridiculous nonsense. I think you were probably just expecting too much after so many years. It about a group of loser kids and a giant mutant retard who follow a treasure map to a hidden pirate ship while being pursued by a gang of escaped murderers.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
That's exactly what I'm saying - that seeing it as an adult ruined it for me and that I wish I hadn't revisited it. There was no way it could live up to what i remember when I was 6.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
I hadn't ever seen Goonies til the pandemic, and... Wow. It's just kinda nothing. Don't get how THAT got to be a cultural touchstone

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
That's because people like that just amass stuff and have no connection to any of it whatsoever. They want a room full of crap just because they think it's cool or their fav influencer told them so. Then they come up with yet another yt channel and deliver the same shit like everyone else, just with a different face.

Sign of the times. I usually steer well clear of anything yt-related with the word "retro" in the title, it'd just drive up my blood pressure to dangerous levels.
This. I can't stand when stuff turns into a mishmashed gangbang of retro schlock

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I hadn't ever seen Goonies til the pandemic, and... Wow. It's just kinda nothing. Don't get how THAT got to be a cultural touchstone
I think you're just slightly too young in general to appreciate it fully. You had to be more of a child of the 80s and the kind that went out on little adventures with your buddies, back before parents cared about their kids safety. It's also definitely a movie you needed to see as a younger kid. Even though it's silly adventure nonsense for children it still hits hard for me a a nostalgia piece and I love it.