Your opinion on these shockbox-inserts please

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
BUMP.
What's NEW?
I haven't fired up the ole scanner yet but didn't forget ya. I will get cranked up within 48 hours though...
Anybody print anything out?
Keep up the great work.
BB

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
I printed out the Shin Samurai Spirits and Last Blade inserts and they look great.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
I just received 6 shock boxes and this time tomorrow i'll be on vacation. Hope to get this rolling again.

Arcade-TV

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Hey guys,
not been adding much lately, soory for that.
This project is far from dead.

Had some stress at work, got the flu, needed to take care of rust in my arcade basement due to high humidity in the air after the floods.

I did some labels for different flashcard, you'll find them on my site under "LABELS".

I'm about to buy an "Epson Perfection V750" along with Silverfast Software to be able to make hi-res scans myself, this stuff costs almost a thousand bucks :-/
Also (since I don't want to waste my mint artbooks) I bought some copies of the SNK artbooks(, World 1+2 and Posters).

If you want something really badly, just request that particular thing instead of just more more more :D

laters,-Alex-

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I hadn't looked at this thread before, but your inserts are phenomenal. I've made one or two in my day, but I've never seen this kind of attention to detail. I especially like what you did with the Metal Slug logo, the shading of the original makes it a bitch to scan and print. Also, that second Strikers insert :drool_2:

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I finally got down to kinkos today and got some inserts printed including the world heroes 2 one you made. It looks great and just really adds to the cool factor since its my only jap mvs game at the moment. Thanks again for your work.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Bumpage!! Is this project still going?

Arcade-TV

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Here's an update on my inserts thread:

I have bought 2 additional artbooks, so I don't have to rip my mint copies apart, Art of SNK World Vol. 1 and SNK Posters Collection.
Tonight I'll be making the first batch of scans with high-end equipment. This doesn't come cheap as I will have to put some money into this project.
This means that finally the creation-process will continue.

I'll report back how the scanning turns out...

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Here's an update on my inserts thread:

I have bought 2 additional artbooks, so I don't have to rip my mint copies apart, Art of SNK World Vol. 1 and SNK Posters Collection.
Tonight I'll be making the first batch of scans with high-end equipment. This doesn't come cheap as I will have to put some money into this project.
This means that finally the creation-process will continue.

I'll report back how the scanning turns out...

awesome news man! glad to see you back, and hope everything is goin ok for you:)

Arcade-TV

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Guys, check this out!!

http://shockbox-inserts.arcade-tv.de/SCANS/samsho1.tif

Load this raw scan I just made, open it in any application that can read .tif files (e.g. Photoshop, Gimp, IrfanView etc.) and watch it in 100% zoom-ratio.
I made them cut the bindings of the artbooks and made 10 different scans to start with. 30 Euro-Bucks gone for the scans and 60 for the books, but it might have been worth it, what do you think?

theMot

10 Year Member
Nice to see the project back on track mate! How did you end up going with your equipment that got flooded?

Thamiel

Mr. Big's Thug
Guys, check this out!!

http://shockbox-inserts.arcade-tv.de/SCANS/samsho1.tif

Load this raw scan I just made, open it in any application that can read .tif files (e.g. Photoshop, Gimp, IrfanView etc.) and watch it in 100% zoom-ratio.
I made them cut the bindings of the artbooks and made 10 different scans to start with. 30 Euro-Bucks gone for the scans and 60 for the books, but it might have been worth it, what do you think?

That scan is fucking perfection! Great work mate.

Arcade-TV

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I have a couple of new inserts coming up, I still need someone who can read and write japanese for the texts on the back.

OFFTOPIC
How did you end up going with your equipment that got flooded?

-I lost a bunch of stuff that was on the floor when it happened, 2 cabs got electrocuted and I still need a new carpet. After weeks of using a Big drying machine there's still rust on all uncoated metal-parts which will need a paintjob now.
but hey, at least it never gets boring, right :-/

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
These are absolutely beautiful. It's a shame you stopped.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I'm also interested in more of these!
Did you check the date on this thread?
At this point,I just hope he's alive and well...very talented guy.
I actually have some unfinished business with my stuff but was more focused on AES stuff.
BB

theMot

10 Year Member
I'm also interested in more of these!
All the regulars on the forum know that I have the best shock box inserts. I will share them with you but first you need to pm me some nice wife pics.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
All the regulars on the forum know that I have the best shock box inserts. I will share them with you but first you need to pm me some nice wife pics.
It's true I pm'ed a few spread eagles and before I knew it I had all the inserts.