Your PS4 may be infested with roaches

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
:gag:...used to see that and laptops that were caked with dandruff (maybe dead skin from somewhere else) and hair. People are disgusting.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I hope mine isn't. I've had it since launch.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Your place is prolly mad clean though. My brother runs a pawn shop and sees this stuff alot more than he wants too :(

LOL Yeah, I was just fucking around and sort of making fun of the clickbait article.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I used to fix/mod Xbox 360 systems and would occasionally encounter one filled with roaches(sometimes still alive). We also occasionally get laptops in for repair that have roaches in them(once an iMac was infested). As far as desktop PC's go, I've just seen occasional spiders.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
yhkqmina7i8qwnaqjnmg.gif

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I received an old stock JVC X'Eye that was full of them, it had been sitting in a warehouse for over a decade. It took me some time to clean that freaking thing out.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This is true for any electronics. They stay warm and attract all sorts of bugs. Lots of cases of this.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Back when I worked at the office supply store, we got a PC back that was returned from one of our frequent customers. It was a little outside our return window but since the dude was a regular the manager took it back no questions asked. Generally with open PCs we don't try to resell, we just sent them back to the manufacturer. The customer brought back the box and everything but couldn't figure out the puzzle of getting it all back in (understandable) so the receiving manager took it to the back and laid everything out so he could get everything back in the box. He accidentally dropped the computer and when it hit the floor the dozens of roaches that were inside the thing scattered everywhere. There was a fucking nest inside the case.

The boss didn't fuck around though, we just threw the computer and everything in the dumpster and called the exterminator.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
I received an old stock JVC X'Eye that was full of them, it had been sitting in a warehouse for over a decade. It took me some time to clean that freaking thing out.

I was wondering what that shit was when I opened it up LOL. The shielding was full of this brown crud, was roach shit haha.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
This is true for any electronics. They stay warm and attract all sorts of bugs. Lots of cases of this.

The log cabin I'm renting has Brown Recluses. I have glue traps set up all over the place, but most of the ones I catch tend to be behind the entertainment center.

I never appreciated until now that they've just been trying to protect my stuff from bugs.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
The log cabin I'm renting has Brown Recluses. I have glue traps set up all over the place, but most of the ones I catch tend to be behind the entertainment center.

I never appreciated until now that they've just been trying to protect my stuff from bugs.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

that.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
My house is clean and I don't have a PS4 so I think I'm good.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member

yeah, if you have spiders then that means there is a healthy source of food for them. Kill the spiders, and you unleash the bugs.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Having pets helps.

I have two cats, two tiny dogs, and one old dog that doesn't give a fuck. The cats will hunt a moth for HOURS if it gets into the house. The dogs too, but their attention span is not as long. Mostly they will try to jump up and bite a moth or a fly out of the air. Every once in a while they succeed.

I very rarely see any spiders in the house and I've never seen any more serious pests like a roach or a mouse.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer

I'm normally pretty good with spiders but brown recluses are in the "fuck that no thank you" section of my book. True to their name they are supposed to be pretty shy though, and thankfully they are very uncommon in my area. But there are plenty of black widows around.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
yeah, if you have spiders then that means there is a healthy source of food for them. Kill the spiders, and you unleash the bugs.

In this case, I'd rather have the roaches. Recluses are fucking DANGEROUS.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I don't mind spiders, I usually just catch and release outside. Recluses fall under the category of "Terminate with extreme prejudice."

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I've caught a few around my place. I think it's more a mental thing knowing brown recluses are around. You start to fear they are everywhere.
I have some great macro pics of the ones i caught. I need to find those.