T_smallz vs snitches
sn00t vs kernow
FTL vs pope

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
KOF 2001 has my favorite Robah, hell prolly my favorite moveset game and the roster is awesome. I actually enjoyed the funky portrait art. The DC version has stages from previous kofs, pretty cool feature 'cause most of the og stages are so bland.

hokuto29

n00b
Hardest question ever!! NEO is full of great fighters....lest try:

1.King of Fighters 94 (the first in the best fighting saga ever made,love them all but 94 was pure love)

2.Art of Fighting 2 (you must go back in time when it was released to know how great was this saga,this game made stf look like a joke,this is the game that makes me thought:fuck snes I need a neo geo :buttrock: !!!!!)

3.Samurai Shodown V Special (last neo geo cart release,one of the rarest games in the entire catalogue,very few people played this one on real hardware,fatalities and well balanced,the best samurai,unique masterpiece)

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Why so many lists without MOTW? Awesome characters, well balanced, cool moves, top-system, great graphics, nice music, nice backgrounds. What do you want more?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Why so many lists without MOTW? Awesome characters, well balanced, cool moves, top-system, great graphics, nice music, nice backgrounds. What do you want more?

MOTW is the most over rated game in the system. It's not even in my top 10 fighters.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

I like Garou, but I only really want to play as Terry and Marco. The rest of the roster doesnt really interest me all that much.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
RB2
Hitbox fixed SamSho3
Breakers Revenge

Honorable mention to Dong, Pink Gi-MOTW.

*NGPC MotM is the finest bit of fighter programming SNK ever put out.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
So many votes for Real Bout Special and Real Bout 2, but no love for RB1?

My top three:
MOTW
Sam Sho 2
Real Bout 1

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
RB2
Hitbox fixed SamSho3
Breakers Revenge

Honorable mention to Dong, Pink Gi-MOTW.

*NGPC MotM is the finest bit of fighter programming SNK ever put out.

Besides Breakers I'll take any NGPC fighter over anything the MVS has to offer.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
What about Tizoc Griffon Mask?! He's the man, best wrestle character design ever!

@BK, MOTW is a great game, most Neo fighters are good but that doesn't mean we don't like MOTW, there's just plenty better. 3 is a thin number, only the very best comes to mind.

I mean, fuck I didn't get to mention Karnov's and I was heart broken but that's just 'cause my favorite 3 are the balls. What about Kizuna Encounter, that game is amazing, there's just so many great fighters...

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
3 is a thin number, only the very best comes to mind.

It is, it comes with a punchline tho. It's about your top 3, so naturally, also the worst come to mind, if only for the good times one had with them back then, when time was just an abstract concept. And some good ol' Bristol Trip Hop comes to mind, too ;).

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
What about Tizoc Griffon Mask?! He's the man, best wrestle character design ever!

@BK, MOTW is a great game, most Neo fighters are good but that doesn't mean we don't like MOTW, there's just plenty better. 3 is a thin number, only the very best comes to mind.

I mean, fuck I didn't get to mention Karnov's and I was heart broken but that's just 'cause my favorite 3 are the balls. What about Kizuna Encounter, that game is amazing, there's just so many great fighters...

Agreed, MotW is fantastic and ill never forget it exists and the many hours I've spent honing my skills on it but its tough to pick 3 on a system that evolved the genre in so many ways, hell World Heroes is a favorite of mine to play weekly even though it gets no mention and a $10 price tag.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
World Heroes perfect is my favorite out of the series but in truth I like all of them for their different reasons. 2Jet clashing system was so awesome, it really made the game pop.

Fatal Fury Special
Samurai Shodown II
KOF '95

It's hard to pick one KOF when every KOF on the Neo is excellent, even the weakest link is still a great fighting game. I'm almost tempted to change my choice to KOF '98 solely 'cause it packs more content and it's just as good as '95 the first 4 are flawless. I love the rest, in some ways even more than the previous 4, for example 99 and 2000 with Robert as a charger was awesome. Each KOF has something to offer, I couldn't part with any of them.

...but then I could say the same about Real Bout Special, or Samsho V Special, I know it's not a favorite but the system was excellent, the button layout superb, the roster was insane (Lots of clones though) it just has a lot of good in it that it overcomes the mishaps like some of the stages for instance.

The list goes on and on...there's just way too many good fighters on the Neo. I like most of them 'cause fighting games is my favorite genre, I like to explore and play different systems and try to learn what I can along the way. My dislike list would be very short but you can bet Fight Fever and Ragnagard will be there. Ragnagard in the aesthethic sense more than anything else, the game is very much playable but I just can't get into it.

Edit: Fight Fever is just awful, that's one game I'm happy not to have ever owned, I almost got it way back from XX but thankfully I came to my senses early on...good times...

Last edited:

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Tough choice...

I really enjoyed how old school Neo Fighters treated the universe, characters and storyline. Art of Fighting or Fatal Fury 3 are great examples of this.

If judging purely in gameplay terms though, I guess my top 3 would be: MOTW, Real Bout Special and KOF98 in no particular order.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member

For me it is the only fighter without swords that I actually like on the system. Would rather play sf2, alpha 2 or sf3 before any of the SNK stuff.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I really enjoyed how old school Neo Fighters treated the universe, characters and storyline. Art of Fighting or Fatal Fury 3 are great examples of this.

Yes, this characteristic had also its expression within the graphics. SNK backgrounds had more visual depth and realism, than the slightly comic-art distortions from Capcom. Also the main characters, despite all their livin' large over-the-top styles, weren't something out of an eastern kung-fu fairy tale, rather than down-to-earth villains, with a proper dress code & made-to-measure suits by Shinkiro-san. Just compare Bison's jog-trot fantasy wardrobe with the badassery of one Geese Howard and you'll know.

Within these artistic coordinates alone, the copy outsmarted the original.

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
It's interesting no one is really picking later games like SSVS and KOF2003. Everyone prefers the early stuff?