Your vehicle brand of choice?

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
We are looking for another vehicle right now, actually. Funny that this thread popped up - I was literally thinking about making something similar.

Perfect timing. :lolz: What are you guys looking for or considering, Ajax?

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Land Rover. They're a piece of shit when it comes to reliability but nothing beats the drive of the big Range Rovers. The L405 was the nicest car I've ever had, and I've driven pretty much everything, I ran a car lot for years.

I strayed and bought a lexus last car. It drives fine and I've had no issues with it whatsoever, other than falling asleep at the wheel. I'll be buying a range rover next.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Hot Wheels. I wanted to be a baller and collect Power Wheels instead, but, there's only so much room in my mom's basement and she vetoed me using the garage to house a fleet of those. My argument that she could park her car in the street instead fell on deaf ears. Women.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You...may want to check your numbers. This is 2021. Indeed nearly everything new is ugly but at this point every car company has made something fast...and Ford (the only company to have made a muscle car non stop since the 60s) has for sure made some slow Mustangs. Like...all of them from the mid 70s through the early 90s. I had a girlfriend with an ‘86 that was slower than my VW GTI of the same year thanks to the terrible automatic transmission and badly tuned Pinto engine. Several of the “slow” OEMs you listed have cars with sub 3 second 0-60 times and Mercedes...slow? They currently sell multiple cars that are electronically limited to 155mph and even their SUVs handle better than most cars made before 1990.

The drivers are the problem. There’s a universal mentality for people who drive those cars that involves driving slow, and getting in anyone’s way.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I'll admit this...

I usually buy a car out of neccessity... mainly because mine blew up or someone stole it...

Hence, I just buy the quickest one I can find... No brand loyalty...

I pay cash... expect it to last a few months... and hope that when I collect the vehicle, I aint confronted by some dudes in masks and a baseball bat...

xROTx

PS. Brand Loyalty is a dumb thing... I will admit, I only buy Apple products because of the significantly less issues Jan will have with virus's and stuff...

I buy on need and practicality... not because of any sense of loyalty...

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I have four Honda/Acura. I owned a Chevy for a few years and it was excellent.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Since Tesla came in, and most of the old BMW crowd has shifted to teslas, it became clear that there was nothing about BMWs outside perceived money status that drew in customers.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Since Tesla came in, and most of the old BMW crowd has shifted to teslas, it became clear that there was nothing about BMWs outside perceived money status that drew in customers.

What BMW puts out now is a far cry from "The Ultimate Driving Machine". They've lost their way as a company and now other brands are in for the kill, like Tesla as you mentioned.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I have a Fit and love it, and if it got smooshed I'd buy another one in an instant. It's super affordable and reliable, and makes it super easy to load gear. Honda is the only one I've noticed that still has style and an OK range of offerings. The Civic 5-door and Type-R are awesome, and the Fit is perfect for me (though they're discontinuing that in the US to push people to their crossovers). They should bring back the City and its accompanying scooter:
screen-shot-2018-09-11-at-10-49-08-am-1536677380.png

BMWs never appealed to me. I like VW's older stuff like the Rabbit, and I do like the Golf, but it's so expensive that you might as well get an Audi at that point. Plus, you know, Nazis.

My parents got a 4Runner in 1997. They just sold it, still working, last year - I think it had been in the garage for a repair once, ever. I don't know if their current stuff is as reliable though. I like the looks of the CH-R but the reviews say it's pretty meh. The new Supra is ugly as hell, too.

Also, I don't like how almost all car makers have been pushing people toward SUVs over the past 15 or 20 years. It's such a waste and most of them are fug. Does Acura even make a smallish sports car anymore?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I used to like Nissans but never again.

Had good experiences with Toyota. I think our next 2 cars will probably be Toyota’s. My wife currently has a Highlander now which i’ll probably take as she really wants a Sienna soon. I’m not crazy about them but I guess that’s the thing to do with 3 small kids.

When I get rid of the Highlander (which probably won’t be for some time as I like it as well) i’ll probably look to get a 4Runner.

Oh, and fuck Nissan.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Ford Flex is the current daily driver.

If I didn’t have a giant dog and kids to haul around, I’d get another Geo Storm, and/or an Opel GT. Both were fun little cars to drive.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
When I get rid of the Highlander (which probably won’t be for some time as I like it as well) i’ll probably look to get a 4Runner.

With 4Runners come the desire to mod. You’ll install a lift kit, skid plate, pipe bumpers, and start thinking about the apocalypse and whether your truck is prepared.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Perfect timing. :lolz: What are you guys looking for or considering, Ajax?

So, don’t crucify me, but we’re looking for a truck. We’re not truck people, but the utility of a truck will suit our lifestyle well. This was the first time in my life that I’ve considered a US brand, and we were looking at a Ram 1500. It seems to be the darling of the truck world. But, I think we’ve decided on a Nissan Titan. Just kinda looking for the best deal on a new one right now.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
With 4Runners come the desire to mod. You’ll install a lift kit, skid plate, pipe bumpers, and start thinking about the apocalypse and whether your truck is prepared.

True, I need to fully prepared for the 2 mile trek to the train station every day :vik:

I like the TRD Pro version. I feel it’s overpriced for what it is given it felt sluggish and some parts felt cheap...but it was fun to drive. I’m short so it helps me fulfill my Napoleon complex.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
I used to like Nissans but never again.

Had good experiences with Toyota. I think our next 2 cars will probably be Toyota’s. My wife currently has a Highlander now which i’ll probably take as she really wants a Sienna soon. I’m not crazy about them but I guess that’s the thing to do with 3 small kids.

Oh, and fuck Nissan.
nissan cvt is garbage , so many problems

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
True, I need to fully prepared for the 2 mile trek to the train station every day :vik:

I like the TRD Pro version. I feel it’s overpriced for what it is given it felt sluggish and some parts felt cheap...but it was fun to drive. I’m short so it helps me fulfill my Napoleon complex.

TRD Pro is totally overpriced, but it retains value like a KoF 96-98 home cart.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
What BMW puts out now is a far cry from "The Ultimate Driving Machine". They've lost their way as a company and now other brands are in for the kill, like Tesla as you mentioned.

The thing is, the idiot market turned out to be way bigger than the driver market so they just gave up and made the X6 “coupe”, one of the most moronic hunks of shit in the history of the automobile. People love it.

I think the old 5 series crowd just died of old age and now they have morons as their target, same with Mercedes. Clearly anyone who would cross over to Tesla wasn’t into BMW for the classic cars. A Tesla is a reliable car, more or less, but looks and feels cheaper than a kit car. The dash and controls are bullshit. Far from the Ultimate Driving Machine the thing drives itself while the owner sleeps in the next seat over. None of the people I know who drove E30, E34, E36, some of the best cars ever, have any interest in Tesla. I personally hate the fucking things.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
What's the hubbub with Nissan? I had a Maxima and it fucking sucked. But my dad got one in 2013 maybe and it's good - super fast and hasn't had any issues.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
So, don’t crucify me, but we’re looking for a truck. We’re not truck people, but the utility of a truck will suit our lifestyle well. This was the first time in my life that I’ve considered a US brand, and we were looking at a Ram 1500. It seems to be the darling of the truck world. But, I think we’ve decided on a Nissan Titan. Just kinda looking for the best deal on a new one right now.
For sure, a vehicle should suit your needs and if a truck does the job then it does the job. Any particular reasons you settled on the Titan over other options?

What's the hubbub with Nissan? I had a Maxima and it fucking sucked. But my dad got one in 2013 maybe and it's good - super fast and hasn't had any issues.

Nissan is another brand that has gone downhill and hasn't come back since their merger with Renault, and now they added another brand that's past its expiration date into the mix: Mitsubishi. They use the absolute worst CVT transmissions in their lineup, made by JATCO. The overall quality of their vehicles, mechanically and the interior materials falls behind the other Japanese brands. My family chose Nissan/Infiniti vehicles for a while, and they were just cheap. Dealers offer better deals on them than the other Japanese brands for a reason IMO. I'm not a fan. 90s Nissan was the best Nissan.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
At some point nissan partnered with renault, and since then theyve really gone down hill.
Whoops, digmac beat me to it by about 30 seconds. Lol

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Oh man. Mitsubishi. I know it had a rep as a lady car but I loved the Eclipse. But they did away with that for a long time and then brought it back. The new one was cool but too wannabe flashy. I dunno if they even make it anymore. Just feels like a midrange sports car is a thing of the past.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
The drivers are the problem. There’s a universal mentality for people who drive those cars that involves driving slow, and getting in anyone’s way.

You sound like a very responsible driver.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Oh man. Mitsubishi. I know it had a rep as a lady car but I loved the Eclipse. But they did away with that for a long time and then brought it back. The new one was cool but too wannabe flashy. I dunno if they even make it anymore. Just feels like a midrange sports car is a thing of the past.

It’s now an SUV.