Youtuber gets video taken down and ordered to pay $567.96 (or 500 Brit Lbs)... posts patreon link so she can feed her kids. what a world.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I simply cannot stand TopHatGaming man's videos. The way he starts everything with "hellllllllllllloooooooooooooooooo" and that pedo 'stache is just too much to take. Im glad that I discovered the button on youtube that says "dont recommend this channel." It's the closest one can get to blocking a channel, I guess.

But evidently his wife is another youtuber named Lady Decade.

Watched a couple of vids on this 'situation' and apparently the girl posted a video that had some picture from another artist/creator/whatever in it for 4 seconds in a 15 minute video, and the owner of the pic wasn't credited. No idea if it falls under fair use, or parody, or whatever the fuck - and quite frankly I couldn't give a brown shit if it does or does not. Content owner then files a complaint, and a youtube strike on the video and wants $500 lbs.

What I find hilarious is that the girl posted a TWENTY MINUTE VIDEO of her sobbing, with bits where she breaks down and 'has to stop the camera to compose herself' all while wearing a low-cut shirt showing some bub bubs, saying how they "cant afford this kind of thing" and "they dont have that kind of money."

All this while standing in front of probably 5k worth of retro games. I didn't watch her whole video because what the fuck for but she apparently also brings her kids into it and e-begs without specifically saying "gimme monies." But she posts her patreon link in the video, and has already made well over that 'unreachable sum of money.' Simps have flocked to her bub bubs to donate and one glorious white knight footed the bill entirely.

Then it's been 'revealed' that they have allegedly been working on buying a second home, and just returned from a vacation to Greece :ROFLMAO:

This whole time I'm hearing about this I think "If it even is true that you can't afford it - how did you afford all those swanky perfectly boxed retrogames?"

I dunno I just think it's hilarious that people cant see through the clear and obvious scam they are running.

edit: Poor thing. Someone send her money to cover the expense...

1660084597154.png

Last edited by a moderator:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Honestly I think Beef's obsession with me is closer to autism, but I mean whatever I'm not gonna judge a tard.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
I did not know that Lady Decade is married to Top Hat guy. I intuitively avoid both of their channels, but kinda interesting nonetheless.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I did not know that Lady Decade is married to Top Hat guy. I intuitively avoid both of their channels, but kinda interesting nonetheless.
Id legit never heard of her until this showed up on twitter.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Id legit never heard of her until this showed up on twitter.
Not gonna lie, her channel is so click baity she almost got me a few times. She has videos like "Super Mario 64 2" and stuff like that. Always seemed too good to be true, and probably is.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Yeah shit like that bugs me too. Sometimes my phone pops those random Google news notifications that say shit like "Henry Cavil suits up as Spider-man in amazing new pic..." Im like man, fuck off - swipe. Thankfully youtube is more customizable to a certain degree. For real that "dont recommend" option has really helped weed out dumb channels.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
eegrWdV.gif

NeoTeam546

Cheng's Errand Boy
20 Year Member
everyones doing this now

Another guy sitting in front a shelf full of games needs thousands to roof his house and buy a new furnance. Raised $10,000 so far 50% of their goal.

Its really getting out of hand but hey people are willing to do it, pockets full of money to throw at people.

Full time jobbers, begging for donations and manipulating peoples dopamine levels to make them think "they're friends" with you if you donate them money.

Ive needed money for bills last couple months I sold some stuff collecting dust, Im not a youtuber so I guess its OK for me to sell stuff but not for them because "its part of their persona"

Another guy made a video i think last year, said he had to sell his collection to pay for a new car. Fine cool beans some people were dissing him. Whatever no patreon no nothing. But the funny thing is magically very quickly he had shelves loaded down with games again....but any who did the right thing to get the money he needed.

Last edited:

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
I have never learned anything interesting from top hat or lady decade. It's all just show and tell and some over sensationalized tidbit that anyone who has been interested in the hobby for longer than a year already knows. The video games are so sensationalized, it's like newspaper tabloids.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
well I am not compelled to read the whole thread because quite frankly, lol youtubers

But I saw her on twitter claiming desperation and linking to her video so I had to watch it, because I thought "damn some retard probably went and found her house or something". What then followed was her in tears because her brand manager told her someone that owned the copyright of an image barely on-screen in a video sent a DMCA letter and asked for three fiddy.

1. does she expect me to believe she and her manager don't know a thing about copyright trolls in 2022?
2. given how long the video was and how in TEARS she was, why the fuck did her BRAND MANAGER even forward that info to her? Fire him.
3. is 500 quid really this huge amount of money worth making 20mins of video for? Nice wonderswan and SMS games on the shelf btw.
4. she has a fucking BRAND MANAGER and 500 is a lot of money? What the fuck?

I watched 2 minutes at most and it told me everything I needed to know. This is either a grift or two very naive people trying to run a youtube channel. lol youtubers.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
well I am not compelled to read the whole thread because quite frankly, lol youtubers

But I saw her on twitter claiming desperation and linking to her video so I had to watch it, because I thought "damn some retard probably went and found her house or something". What then followed was her in tears because her brand manager told her someone that owned the copyright of an image barely on-screen in a video sent a DMCA letter and asked for three fiddy.

1. does she expect me to believe she and her manager don't know a thing about copyright trolls in 2022?
2. given how long the video was and how in TEARS she was, why the fuck did her BRAND MANAGER even forward that info to her? Fire him.
3. is 500 quid really this huge amount of money worth making 20mins of video for? Nice wonderswan and SMS games on the shelf btw.

I watched 2 minutes at most and it told me everything I needed to know. This is either a grift or two very naive people trying to run a youtube channel. lol youtubers.

Her brand manager is probably her equally stupid husband

NeoTeam546

Cheng's Errand Boy
20 Year Member

They know exactly what they are doing. This has become a epidemic on youtube with people staging stuff for clicks/likes/comments to manipulate the algo, and when necessary to beg for money.

Theres patterns when people post a clickbait video like "I cant believe this happened" then 2-3 other people in the community post the same crap.

Another time magically all at the same time like 5 youtubers in the retro community all did a "Im moving im taking a break" video to tip off their supporters theyll be back, otherwise theyd lose patreon and donation supporters.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Didn't Metal Jesus use Patreon money to redo a (really shitty? Driveway/drainage plan and build more room for his games that were in a storage trailer?

These YouTube "stars" begging for money is one thing, but when people flock to shower them in it for the smallest thing, then you can't blame them. Only fans only showed that simping is lucrative, and if you're a sucker willing to throw money at someone you've never met on a monthly basis, than that's on you

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The money aspect of this doesn't make sense - Youtube wouldn't make one content creator pay another $700 - and while the content creator in question could demand the other pay them $700, the reality is the first who used the content under fair use could tell them to pound sand. Has the legal system been involved? If the answer is no then it's all a bunch of bullshit

Either way, fuck all these people. Video Game "experts" on YouTube are the bane of the hobby. They're all miserable cunts. Anyone monetized on YouTube is a fucking shill, and should be understood to be one. That doesn't mean there are monetized YouTubers who don't make excellent content, but we have to remember at the end of the day they're a brand, they're in it for themselves, and any product, service, or item they recommend is suspect as they're likely paid.

In the '90s the worst thing you could do was sell out. Today, reaching the point where you can sell out, is the dream.

Fuck the man.