Zelda Spirit Tracks

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Just got spam from nintendo about it
Trailer:
http://zelda.com/spirittracks/

looks pretty neat. I figure if you didn't like the last ds zelda,
chances are you won't be changing your mind.
I did like the zelda on ds so it'lll be good for me.
it's nice to have something new zelda wise since they'll probably push doing
a real zelda game again till their next console (my guess)

tony starks

Starks is always out.
I surpose this is a good reason to blow dust off my DS. Still can't be asked to finish Phantom Hour Glass though.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Man, I haven't even played Phantom Hourglass. The last portable Zelda I got was Minish Cap (which was freakin great).

I hear Phantom Hourglass was nothing special, which was why I never really got around to it. Maybe this one will change my mind? It's not like I need to keep up on the plot.

tony starks

Starks is always out.
Man, I haven't even played Phantom Hourglass. The last portable Zelda I got was Minish Cap (which was freakin great).

I hear Phantom Hourglass was nothing special, which was why I never really got around to it. Maybe this one will change my mind? It's not like I need to keep up on the plot.

Yeah dude, I liked Minish Cap but was a little disappointed with Phantom Hourglass. Good game but.... I dunno man, something was missing, also having to keep on going back to the main dungeon was annoying as hell.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Yeah dude, I liked Minish Cap but was a little disappointed with Phantom Hourglass. Good game but.... I dunno man, something was missing, also having to keep on going back to the main dungeon was annoying as hell.

That does sound annoying. Ah well, I guess they had to make a mediocre Zelda game sooner or later.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
That's why I stopped playing PH, I freaking hated going back to the main dungeon again and again.

I've been thinking about starting over, on the off chance that I'll like it better the second time (it's happened before). Seeing the sequel coming out may be the kick I need to give it another go.

I'm glad they are still using the Wind Waker style, too. Loved that game.

tony starks

Starks is always out.
That's why I stopped playing PH, I freaking hated going back to the main dungeon again and again.

I've been thinking about starting over, on the off chance that I'll like it better the second time (it's happened before). Seeing the sequel coming out may be the kick I need to give it another go.

I'm glad they are still using the Wind Waker style, too. Loved that game.

I thought about starting over also but I can't be asked :lolz:

I will finish it one day though.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
The only things I never was a fan of the water sailing thing for both windwaker and ph.
so I'm semi fine with the train idea.

aria

Former Moderator
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (DS)

Anyone else pick this up? I just did, but I may not be getting to it in a while.

With that said, I really enjoyed the last DS game, and the reviews indicate that this has a lot of what made the previous game enjoyable and continues to be fun.

I was actually surprised to hear it was out already, like the Minnish Cap, I didn't know about it until it was already out.

Ruell

, I FORGOT MY SECRET SANTA OBLIGATION. FUCK ME, RI
I wouldn't mind picking this up. Is Nintendo doing any cool promos if you register this game? I remember last time they offered that cool feather pen stylus if you registered PH.

Last edited:

Medaka

King of the Salsa Sharks, ,
I was actually surprised to hear it was out already, like the Minnish Cap, I didn't know about it until it was already out.

LOL Yeah damn, I didn't even know it was out until about 30minutes ago when I saw it mentioned while registering Nintendo stuff on there website.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
I haven't played Phantom Hourglass either, but I did pick up Spirit Tracks yesterday. I'm not very far in, I've only run around Castle City and driven the Train, which was kind of cool. I dig it so far, but getting used to controlling the game with only the stylus is kind of odd.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I haven't played Phantom Hourglass either, but I did pick up Spirit Tracks yesterday. I'm not very far in, I've only run around Castle City and driven the Train, which was kind of cool. I dig it so far, but getting used to controlling the game with only the stylus is kind of odd.

Yea, I would love to play this game, but it hindered the gameplay of the first IMO. It's actually pretty well done for just stylus controls, but it still feels awkward and sometimes blocks my screen at inopportune times.

Medaka

King of the Salsa Sharks, ,
Damn, the limited edition (Euro only) of this game is
already going for $200 on ebay lol.

Too bad Nintendo of America didn't do anything :(
Nobody has a DS here :(

Tallahassee

Cheng's Errand Boy
I also hated that you kept repeatedly having to go back to the main dungeon in PH. I haven't picked up Spirit Tracks yet but it looks good. Will be getting it within the week.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
They have to get back to making zelda, zelda again. I cant stand the direction of the series anymore. There is way to much cuteness, way to much shitty dialogue, not enough storyline, not enough free roaming, to much flute playing, not enough grinding out for rupees, way to many side quests that dont contribute to the story. The snes version was the best version for all these reasons.

This is why sales in japan are non existent now. The game is a shadow of its former self. Bring the realism back.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Twilight Princess was amazing, probably the pinnacle of modern Zelda games. If the sequel on the Wii is anywhere near as good, most Zelda fans will be happy.

I'm one of those that liked Wind Waker though, so I'm glad to see they're continuing the style, even if it's only on the DS.

Spirit Tracks is great BTW, I am on the 2nd overworld dungeon and loving it. This is making me want to go back and buy Phantom Hourglass now.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I finished PH and I did enjoy it more on the second go through than I did on the first. The Ocean King's temple was the one main drag on the game. I wouldn't have even minded going back to the same place repeatedly, as long as the levels were new, but making a person play the same levels over and over was just annoying.

So I'm ready to give Spirit Tracks a go now. Target has it on sale for $25 this week so anyone who still needs pick it up should swing by there and see if they still have any copies left.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Target has it on sale for $25 this week so anyone who still needs pick it up should swing by there and see if they still have any copies left.

Last day for the sale. Picked up my copy today.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Bump

Just posted a review of this game in the weekly round up thread.

I didn't like the game, but I am curious as to what other people thought about it. So post up your opinions, please.