ZPF (A New SEGA Mega Drive + Genesis Shmup)

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Still in WIP, this game looks really amazing!

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Yeah and the programmer made Tanzer on the Mega Drive which is a really good game with average graphics. This combo will be fire

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
Looks good. Music is more laid back than I was expecting from the music used in the previous trailers. Seems like a good package overall.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
I played the demo. It's not bad but not fantastic. Graphics are ace tough

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
I played the demo. It's not bad but not fantastic. Graphics are ace tough
I tested it out too. Thought the same. Not sure what would make the gameplay more interesting though... I guess it played a lot like how I remember 90s shmups on Genesis such as biohazard, very fast ship movement with a small screen space to move around in (due to the low hardware resolution of Genesis games I guess), and I was hyped to somehow expect something more than that from the trailers and next level graphics. I think a slower ship speed, or the ability to switch between a fast and a slow speed during gameplay, either by itself or in conjunction with different weapons as in some cave shmups could be a nice feature and distinguish it from what we've already seen for Genesis shmups.

Was thinking it would be nice to have more animation in the enemies or backgrounds. The sprites are all fantastic but sometimes scenes seemed more static than I'm used to as my non animated player ship shot lasers at non animated enemy sprites moving around over static (albeit scrolling) backgrounds. Understand that would be very labor intensive to add more sprite animations though.

Last edited: