My trip to Chuck E Cheese

SSS

neo retired
I stil can't believe CC's is still in business after all these years. The last game I remember playing at one was konami's bucky o'hare.

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
Chuck E. Cheese was my second job, I worked in the kitchen. The places are disgusting back there and with so much teenage sexual tension, the servers were pretty much always going at it and feeling each other up when waiting for me to cut the pizzas. I had to get in the suit a few times and was told I did it the best. Damn nose fell off the first time I wore it, and it was in front of a group of four simultaneous birthday parties. Anyway, don't let your kids hug Chuck, the suits are filthy.

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
I gotta say, although I am biased I can't quite see where a lot off ppl are coming from with this Chuck E Cheese thing. The place use to SUCK when I was younger. They had a little tiny arcade and the place was filthy and not very well lit either. I think all the renovations have made it a far better place that it was before. It's definitely sad to see that they have the best arcade in town though, as everything else has fallen off so bad (Malibu Grand Prix around here especially) and I definitely agree with the retarded look Toys R Us has now too. I'm grateful that Cuck E Cheese at least has some decent stuff as opposed to the prize redemption/gambling game craze that's everywhere else (like that stupid stackers game). The one token thing is great too until you realize that's WHY the food is so damned overpriced.

I think the last great arcade is Dave & Busters though. I sure hope they open up more locations though cause theres only one in the ENTIRE northern california area :( I love that place.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Well, Chuck E Cheese had issues with many of their stores, not only the state of their dirty, dingy places but also some safety issues as well. There were reports a couple of years back about kidnappings and child molestations going on, which is why their locations insist on stamping people with those special hand stamps so they can identify who's who within their establishment.

And yes, I'm all for places with video games and a good selection of redemption games, as long as they have a prize counter to back them up. As far as 'those Stackers games' well, I have one in the game room I run and it's easily the highest played game in the place and I charge $1 a game ($2 for 3 plays) and people line up to play it and throw ones and fives in it. It helps to have prizes worth winning, like iPods, a full-size electric guitar, Nintendo DS and those $169 pair of Phoenix Suns tickets to go for ;)

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
segasonicfan said:
I gotta say, although I am biased I can't quite see where a lot off ppl are coming from with this Chuck E Cheese thing. The place use to SUCK when I was younger. They had a little tiny arcade and the place was filthy and not very well lit either. I think all the renovations have made it a far better place that it was before. It's definitely sad to see that they have the best arcade in town though, as everything else has fallen off so bad (Malibu Grand Prix around here especially) and I definitely agree with the retarded look Toys R Us has now too. I'm grateful that Cuck E Cheese at least has some decent stuff as opposed to the prize redemption/gambling game craze that's everywhere else (like that stupid stackers game). The one token thing is great too until you realize that's WHY the food is so damned overpriced.

I think the last great arcade is Dave & Busters though. I sure hope they open up more locations though cause theres only one in the ENTIRE northern california area :( I love that place.

Dave and Busters would be a lot better if it wasn't so overpriced. I think Gameworks gives you a better deal on games than D&Bs does. It's really only cool if someones having a party and you're getting drunk and trying to play DDR.

The Chuck E Cheese here is still open, it has got a decent selection of games, most of them kiddy games though. And everytime I've been I came down with a cold I caught from one of the snot-nosed kids.

Still, all these joints lack fucking diversity in their games, they only really cater to the big, loud, money eating gun/racing/DDR games.

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
segasonicfan said:

Don't take this the wrong way, but were you born before 1990?

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
daybona said:

I got this as a video response to the video I took of After Burner II at FunSpot.

This guy owns an R360 and he's got a game called Wing War, that was going to link two together to do dog fights. He's got it fully restored and it looks like it would have been a lot of fun to play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meYx9RuCAQY

I played an R360 up in Canada. The thing was insane. The going upside down and side to side was awesome and I wish I could play it again. Well worth the five bucks!