Not open for further replies.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
UPDATE: 5/7:

Assembly Overview

Warning!
*This is acrylic and plastic. Hands and screwdriver ONLY. Use power tools and something will break or strip.
*The plastic wrapping the acrylic may (will) cause a charge. Touch something metal that's not your MVS before you start handling the system. Nothing should happen but i'm not responsible if it does.
*Acrylic is plastic. So it will scratch. So I would avoid sharp objects around the acrylic (screws) until you're ready for them.

MV-2F Assembly instructions:
Spoiler:

Okay let's build.

1. Remove the existing plastic PCB legs. (In reality. I only removed the legs as I got to the point of replacing that leg with a new replacement part)
2. Open the bag labeled Base Plate Hardware.
3. Ignoring the 4 corner mounts at this point. Take one of the three 3/8" screws and a washers (#4 or #6) and from the top of each of the mounting holes in the metal cover attach the screw to one of the 11mm round printed spacers. No need to crank down on the screw. Leave a little movement in the mounting hole. **Also Ignore the mounting hole between the 2 volume switches on the pcb.
4. Repeat for the other 2 outer mounts (not the 4 corners) on the metal cover.
5. Now for the 8 mount points around the cartridge slots. Find the 4 pill shaped spacers (11mm tall)
6. Using a 1/2" screws from the top of the board attach all 4 of the double spacers to the bottom side of the pcb. Again don't over tighten the screws. You want the spacer to move just a little. Take your time. It's really annoying to drop a screw through the cart slot and under the metal shroud.
7. Flip the system over onto the metal cover.
8. Pick up the Base acrylic plate and remove the plastic film that's covering the acrylic on both sides. If the acrylic looks frosted, the film is still attached
9. Lay the Base acrylic plate onto the spacers. Trying to line up all the holes.
10. Since the spacers aren't tight you can move them slightly to line up the holes.
11. Take the 4 round mounting disks (with 2 holes) along with 1/2" screws and line up with the cartridge supports. The screws should go into the recessed holes in the plastic mounts. Again don't over tighten.
12. Now take the 3 teardrop shaped plastic mounts and match up with previously installed round spacers on the outer edge.
13. Put 1/2" screws through the recessed holes in the plastic printed part. Screw into the plastic spacers on the other side of the acrylic
14. Open the bag labeled "Top". Pick a corning and grab one 1-1/4" #6 screw, a bottom spacer and a 11mm round spacer (the center hole is larger for this version).
15. Attach the bottom spacer to the 1-1/4" screw and push it through the acrylic into the 11mm spacer.
16. Once the screw is showing through the mounting hole in the metal shroud find one of the long 39mm spacer. NOTE. One side of the spacer has been marked with a silver sharpie. This side faces down. The long flat surface up the side of the spacer should face the metal shroud.
17. It's worth repeating. The silver mark on the long spacer FACES DOWN. This spacer has a different size hole on either side. Facing the wrong direction will cause problems.
18. Attach the long mount and repeat for all 4 corners.
19. As before now remove the plastic film from both top acrylic plates.
20. To mount the top two sheets of acrylic (colored acrylic with clear on top) first place one of washers between the acrylic and the long plastic spacer. Then place another washer on top and attach with a 1/2" screw. Again don't tighten down. ****SORRY, some kits are missing 4 of the 8 #6 washers for the top kits
21. Repeat for all 4 corners.
22. Tighten ALL top screws. STOP when you feel resistance.
23. Flip the MVS over and double check that all bottom screws are now tight.
24. Take a deep breath. behold your awesome work.
25. Bitch about that one random speck of dust or hair between the sheets of acrylic
26. Now complete steps 14 and 15 from the base assembly.
27. Open beer. Turn MVS on and start gaming.
28. Send PM to lions3 that his instructions are stupid.

UPDATE 4/25 :

FYI, I'll be in the shop tonight working on stuff. See below for status

APPROVED LIST - These plates are being made
MV2F top plate
MV2F bottom plate
PGM Base Plate
MV1FZ Base Plate
MV1C pcb base plate
MV1C base plate for Existing Plastic Cover

CANCELLED LIST - No Measurements received
MV4F top plate
MV4F base plate
MV2 Base Plate - https://www.dropbox.com/s/omznwek4wigajra/MV2 base dimensions test v2.pdf?dl=0
MV2 Top Plate - https://www.dropbox.com/s/7bbtb9x2pu2g3n1/MV2 top dimensions test v2.pdf?dl=0
MV4 Base Plate (1 VERIFICATION) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/mzk8o6ut2n309s3/MV4 base dimensions test v3.pdf?dl=0
MV4 Top Plate (1 VERIFICATION) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/oaxj8otmsaxb37f/MV4 top dimensions test v3.pdf?dl=0
MV6 Base Plate (1 VERIFICATION) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/bze2qwfs72n87bq/MV6 base dimensions test v4.pdf?dl=0
MV6 Top Plate (1 VERIFICATION)- https://www.dropbox.com/s/xqz02ia6rn0v6zj/MV6 top dimensions test v4.pdf?dl=0

Pre-Order User List:
If you forgot what you requested or want to verify please PM. I've been tracking each request. I could add the whole plate list here but I really don't feel like typing that long of an update.

cdamm
nug
NeoEsZ
RetroTechRewind
DaveyDarko
wyo_vr4
ElectricGrave
bwi
KalessinDB
Xian Xi
dosdemon
tacoguy
fakeXsound
opt2not
aoiddr
team_andromeda
madman
buaku
Fygee
Erock

Plate Designs:
Here's the designs dropped into a quick file to show everything in one go. Enjoy

mvs-plates.jpg

LIONS3 Logo
Sorry if you hate it, but I'm adding a small Lions3 logo to the back corner of the base plates. As it's been pointed out by a forum member (XX) I should probably have a logo on my work. Also don't worry, I'm not touching the top plates. I'm not that evil. Haha.

lions3_example.jpg

Okay boys. I'm going to open up another thread. As before i'm not sure how much interest another run will have. But here we go.

I'm not asking for $ right now. I just need to know who wants what. So I can order material. If interest turns out to be really high, I'm going to go in order of requests I receive. As I only have so much time available in front of the laser. Noobs you can join in but regulars get first dibs.

What's available:
  • $20 -- MV-2F Base plate
  • $20 -- MV-2F Top BLACK plate with logos
  • $20 -- MV-2F Top RED plates with logos
  • HOLD $15 -- MVS-1FZ Base plate
  • HOLD $20 -- MV-2 Base Plate
  • HOLD $20 -- MV-2 Black Top Plate with logos
  • HOLD $25 -- MVS 4-Slot Base plate
  • HOLD $25 -- MVS 4-Slot BLACK Top plate where do I put logos??
  • HOLD $40 -- MVS 6-Slot base plate
  • HOLD $40 -- MVS 6-Slot BLACK Top plate with logos
  • $20 -- PGM base plate
  • $5 -- PGM RED Standoffs
  • $5 -- Black Standoffs with order of plates (3d printed)
  • $5-$10 -- Black Standoffs alone (if you just want added support for your MVS)

Cancelled Plates:
No measurements received.
  • $?? -- MVS1C Base plate
  • $25 -- MVS 4F-Slot Base plate
  • $25 -- MVS 4F-Slot BLACK Top plate where do I put logos??

Shipping:
USA
$10 - single base or top plate
$15 - Multiple plates

International. Hahaha.. I'll charge real fees but it wont be pretty.

When:
Week of April 24th. (changed from 18th)

Side comments:
Did I forgot something? Want me to make something else? Voice up now. Want something custom? Again, jump in now so I have time to make it happen.

I've bumped my prices a few dollars. Last time I didn't realize how much of a pain in the ass it was to make everything. Or how stressful. If you think my prices are wrong voice up. Give me hell. I'll either argue or adjust if you make a good point.

Have suggestions where I can source acrylic at great prices? I'm all ears.

PREVIOUS SALES THREAD FOR ACRYLIC PLATES: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?264310-Interest-check-Acrylic-base-for-MV-2F

Last edited:

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
neat idea. id be interested in a 4 slot top plate, pending pics. im curious as to how this looks.

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! I'd be interested in a baseplate for MV-1FZ. Any chance for a red base plate for PGM?

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Very cool! I'd be interested in a baseplate for MV-1FZ. Any chance for a red base plate for PGM?

You would need to find a few more buyers for red base plates to make it worth it. As I would have to custom order 1/4" RED acrylic. Also I would need a PGM measured.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
now that there is pics, i'm definitely interested in a top and bottom for the 4 slot with the standoffs.

seriously that looks great.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
147   0   1
Put me down for a
MV-2F base plate
MV-2F top black plate with logos
Black standoffs

and if you do an order of PGM base plates, I'm for one of those too. I can pay whenever. Thanks!

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I'm down for a few things if possible

Plates for MV-4
Plates for MV-6
Plates for MV-2F
A set or two of standoffs

You'll have your 4-slot, and 6 slot measurements done by tomorrow night at the latest! :D

EDIT: If ElectricGrave doesn't have time to get the MV-2 measurements, I'd be happy to do that one too since I have one. One of you two let me know :buttrock:

Last edited:

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
EG was going to mail me his board to measure. So if you can handle measurements it would MUCH quicker than waiting on the post office :D

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
Yo, I am interested in this for my MV-4 please: base plate, top plate, and black stand-offs. Just a heads up: the MV-4 and MV-4F are different sizes.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Yo, I am interested in this for my MV-4 please: base plate, top plate, and black stand-offs. Just a heads up: the MV-4 and MV-4F are different sizes.

very true. RetroTechRewind is getting measurements for a MV-4. If anyone wants the other version, the MV-4F, I'll need someone to break out a ruler for me.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
very true. RetroTechRewind is getting measurements for a MV-4. If anyone wants the other version, the MV-4F, I'll need someone to break out a ruler for me.

OK, cool! Clear MV-1C and PGM bases would be awesome-o as well, but I don't want to overload you ;)

If I had the equipment/skills, I'd make bases for everything, lol!

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
In just want to attest to Lions3 tremendous work and ingenuity. Seriously, these CMVS covers are a game changer.

Hey Lions, if you run short and have someone looking for a MV2F set I can part with mine.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
EG send a PM to NeoEsZ. He's the first to ask for a MV2F top and bottom in the thread. Just let me know if he takes it, so I can remove i'm from my list.

PGM RED base plates. Okay i've got 3 interested. So I can probably do it. I just need measurements. So what's that? opt2not created the below graphic with sized for a MVS-1FZ. You guys don't have to make it as nice. Just a nice camera photo of a pencil sketch with all the measurements is what I need. Please use the metric side of your ruler or calipers. It's much easier to be precise. You can always PM if you don't want to share your drawing skills. haha

yf2eCh1.jpg

bwi

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
MV-2f Top and bottom plus standoffs....... and the damm price to the UK :)

edit: black btw

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.