What Neo Geo Game/s are you playing? Weekly/daily check.

geise

Mickey's Coach
I recently picked up Blazing Star (MVS) from Big Bear, so I've been playing that the past couple days. It's nice to finally own it!

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
Xcomplex sorry, i just hate that they didnt fix the CPU in Fatal Fury Special. Maybe they did something but I sure didnt notice too much.

AND TO WHOEVER TOLD ME THE GOD RUGAL 98 ROLL TRICK

thank you!!!

it worked
haha it don't matter man to each his own, I like FFS single player, it lacks in story but the difficulty is challenging but manageable, so it's never boring and it's not so hard that it's unfair like american super turbo or something. Plus both geese and krouser are some of the best bosses ever... to fight them both in some of the baddest ass most atmospheric stages is great.

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I didn't find the AI in FFS to be that difficult overall. It only took a couple tries with Terry to get to the special fight against Ryo at the end.

sp3ctr3

Mr. Big's Thug
I don't think final mission is that hard. Only a couple of sections that's real tricky. The start of the bridge section and that damned helicopter once you get to shore. I've been using a save state in mame to practice those sections in mame but I still die from time to time.

And what do you know? after posting this I succeded in recording a 1cc run without losing a life, YAY! Now to work on my high score. Also picked up Blazing Star (MVS) for real cheap, so I will probably spend some time on that.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
And what do you know? after posting this I succeded in recording a 1cc run without losing a life, YAY! Now to work on my high score. Also picked up Blazing Star (MVS) for real cheap, so I will probably spend some time on that.

cool dood, drop me a link if you ever youtube that shit.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
nice game man, thanks alot, learned a few important things I've overlooked.

EDIT: wooo thanks to mame, a few hours of practice and a few stolen tricks from your video's I am finally so close to that 1cc I can taste it :)

Last edited:

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
IMG_0746.jpg

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

my first 1cc :) well aside from fighters, they don't count to me.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
It's been back to some good old Real Bout 2 on my 1slot / supergun, using a PS2 joypad with adapter. Fun stuff =D

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
i use a 360 xbox controller for my supergun
wow really? I didn't even know such a adapter existed, surprised there is a market for one honestly, but hey to each their own.
congratulations, thats pretty awesome! :buttrock:

glad I could help.
haha thanks man, as embarassing as it is to admit, I've played metal slug like a ridiculous ammount of hours, and the concept of using the invincibility from jumping out of the slug as a tactical advantage never even occured to me, I didnt even know you were invincible when jumping off the turret on the boat! as soon as I seen you do this everything clicked.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
Kizuna Encounter, trying to gain some actual skill in it... god that friggin' boss hits hard.
And Fatal Fury 3 that I just received it, never played it before. ♥ it

Coligion

n00b
I've been playing Mark of the Wolves a ton lately. Every time I play, I find more nuances and combos I didn't think existed. Definitely my favorite fighter of all time.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
NEOGEO001.jpg

I'm actually having a problem with the power supply sometimes(often) not working on this cab..

SNKPOWERSUPPLY.jpg

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Just got SS III JPN AES from Gargoyle and am loving it!

GAMEFAN

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Yeah, I Spent a lot of time with ss3 when I first got it a few months ago. Awesome game!

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
oh hey I too am spending time with SS3 as of today :)

gorgeous game, always slept on it, I'm not sure why.... maybe it was the lame ps1 port that left a bad taste in my mouth, either way I am happy to own this one now. I only wish I could use the CD soundtrack when fighting kuroko
SO HYPE

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
oh hey I too am spending time with SS3 as of today :)

gorgeous game, always slept on it, I'm not sure why.... maybe it was the lame ps1 port that left a bad taste in my mouth, either way I am happy to own this one now. I only wish I could use the CD soundtrack when fighting kuroko
SO HYPE

I highly suggest playing this with the dip on for opponent selection (1-5?). Kuroko mirror match yourself. Select same color as your player. Not sure why, but Kuroko matches are much more intense than regularly.

I have been playing this a lot too.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
hmm interesting, I will try it!

man... what a stylish game, snk was so crazy in it's prime. Games like this just will never exist again, shit like this is why I have a neo-geo....I can't believe KOF is what comes to people's mind when they think snk :(

EDIT: LOL nice, I had my little emotional neo-geo moment in this post, and look at my post count/title.

Last edited:

Abner

n00b
Thanks guys for giving me such information about the new geo games i will also try and i will really enjoyed it because i love games
an di really amused.