Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-Slug-...-SNK-Neo-Geo-Home-System-AES-IV-/331814357887

I think this is the 3rd MS4 manual I've seen, why are these so common to see loose? Are they teh bootz?

I was thinking the same thing so I asked the seller why he's selling so many manuals and inserts. He says it's the last of the NOS he bought from SNK years ago. Based on the variety of product he has it appears to be legit. I actually ordered a manual from him so I'll have the final verdict soon.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I was thinking the same thing so I asked the seller why he's selling so many manuals and inserts. He says it's the last of the NOS he bought from SNK years ago. Based on the variety of product he has it appears to be legit. I actually ordered a manual from him so I'll have the final verdict soon.

That makes sense, he did say he used to run a store. Still though, $170 for a MS4 manual?

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza

That makes sense, he did say he used to run a store. Still though, $170 for a MS4 manual?

I can vouch for him. I've purchased from him before and his stuff is legit.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
That guy got on my shit for sanwa balltops. LE ones that are so stupid difficult to find, It's a lost cause.

People collect balltops now? Games you can't play due to fear of insertion marks. Manuals that can't be touched without gloves. Inserts removed and stored away in a dark place. Balltops you don't use and put on display in a plexiglass case. I can't even imagine what shit people will come up with next.

Who gives a shit? I like protecting my SNES and SFC boxes to, why? It makes them pretty as hell. I never sold stuff before when I had the chance. I made that mistake with my neo-geo cd, and judging by the idiocy in pricing these days, I made a good choice. Since I have a limit on how stupid I want to be with money for games. Why is it so morally hopeless to preserve shit?

Just remember when looking at auctions one sale does not equal a game's value. Just because one "desperate" collector is willing to pay any price to win the auction does not mean future sales will reach such high numbers.

I'm also a little suspicious with the recent surge in Metal Slug 3's becoming available if there are some bootleg's hitting the market.

Tell that to the rest of the world. I just went to my local thrift store a day back and saw a loose Zelda LTTP for 50 fucking dollars. =/

Find me a Buyer for $13,500, have them pay up front and I'll go buy a legit minty one overpriced for 6k easily and send it to them so I can make a 50% profit haha. The extra 500 is your finders fee lol.

That spine looks sunfaded. Love those watchers getting ready to sell when one idiot buys it and ruins the market for that game immediately.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Why is it so morally hopeless to preserve shit?
Legit question: Who are you preserving them for? Where do you envision those ball tops being in 100 years? In a museum where people want to look at 100 year old round pieces of colored plastic? If you enjoy putting them on display, more power to you, it wasn't a personal attack against you or anyone else who collects things. I just truly do not understand the mentality, nor do I believe the entire "preservation" aspect. Certain things should be preserved: priceless works of art, historical documents, recordings, films, even some pop culture items. I personally don't see video games and joystick parts in that last, but that's IMO.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Legit question: Who are you preserving them for? Where do you envision those ball tops being in 100 years? In a museum where people want to look at 100 year old round pieces of colored plastic? If you enjoy putting them on display, more power to you, it wasn't a personal attack against you or anyone else who collects things. I just truly do not understand the mentality, nor do I believe the entire "preservation" aspect. Certain things should be preserved: priceless works of art, historical documents, recordings, films, even some pop culture items. I personally don't see video games and joystick parts in that last, but that's IMO.

I like looking at them, as I said before. People can derive joy out of stuff when it comes to preserving it. For example, I love the art of super famicom games so much, they make a killer visual display. Nobody is gonna burn on me for buying really cheap SFC rpg's anyways, since my main goal of that was to rip them to a UFO type device and apply a language patch. And japanese RPG's are worthless. The art on sfc games is up there for me. It is my favorite art ever for any era. That market is going to shit now to, so I'm lucky to have any of what I got.

It's not about specifics, it's about limitations. If a limited amount of anything exists, preservation comes into play. For me it is nostalgia and growing up during a certain era. Neo Geo was untouchable to me, I didn't grow up rich like others, so when I was able to acquire etc game, it was a big deal. I was one of those kids who'd look at gamefan magazine ads in the back, anyone remember those awful digitized dragon video adverts? That was me. I have yet to protect any of my neo-geo stuff though. I had no idea stuff would be this out of control, and I don't like the market as much as the next guy, because these prices are so high I'd feel like a fool being a part of it. Everyone is waiting for stuff to stabilize, but it's so fucking out of control, it's nuts. There's to much ignorant youth involved, to many greedy sleezy resellers. I hate scalping as a general concept, and that hatred has followed me into offline life. My other hobby is jewelry. I buy second hand jewelry and am quite knowledgeable on it, and you'd be surprised the sleezy fuckers who resell who ask me stupid things like 'is this silver', etc. I specialize in native american jewelry as a personal joy. I wear it, I collect it, the works.. I get noticed for my big mouth at times on what stuff is, and some people ask me advice. Guess who I like helping though? The old women who just want something to wear, someone who isn't in it for profit. I swear I have a third eye for the movements and behavior of resellers. I could write a book on the attitude.

The balltop issue is this, I wanted to get a complete LE display of sanwa balltops, they made some in like 2006 in limited quantities, and they have yet to reprint any of them. Nobody wants to sell them. I'd drop 50$ and 100$ on black metallic or cherry berry if it ever appeared, but it won't. I've tried everywhere and never found any after a certain point. It's just a fun elusive thing I chase. Mike Watson who ran super arcade had a tekken cab that had 2 x cherry berry balltops, I offered to buy one and he said he'd just give me one, but he couldn't since he didn't own that machine. So it's sort of a hunt for me.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-GEO-AES...372959?hash=item3d15a88ddf:g:dqoAAOSwdU1W-FMY

"Never mind the the cart sticker as it was was original cart sticker, this is Metal Slug"

So we have Metal Slug in a FF3 cart with a Shock Troopers insert?

He's also selling size 12 thigh high stiletto boots. Either his wife has some big ass feet or ..... actually I don't wanna know...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thigh-High-Black-Boots-Heels-Size-12-style-Natasha-/262356338378?hash=item3d15a806ca:g:S0wAAOSw9uFW-EkN

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener

DaveyDarko

n00b
I posted a link to that same auction a few weeks ago. I'm curious who the ng.com seller / buyer were as well.

I'm also curious to see if that cart actually sells for above $500. He's lowered the opening bid from the $1000 it was before.

Oh Im sorry I didnt mean to double post!
There are 293 pages on this thread xD