Blast City Club

urmyokazu

New Challenger
I've rotated blast monitors 3 times in the past week and one thing I've learned is that it's infinitely easier to get the monitor back in if you get the it on the bottom bolts first. Just do one side and then the other, the top will slide in easily after.

I always had problems with getting in the top first and then having to try and lift the monitor to get the bottom on the bolts so this made things a lot easier.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
The Omega City... or Neo Blast?
20140927_185331-1-1.jpg

CP and harness-to-db15 insides.
20140927_190150-1.jpg
20140927_185739-1.jpg
Its actually wired for 6 button (5/6 to pins 10/2) for future support. Also links the coin switch to both players (USA BIOS workaround).

Omega inside!
20140927_185623-1.jpg
Thanks to Delly for the MS1 kit.

Polishing up the look.
20140927_185614-1.jpg

This is actually a 27" Phillips (fit best with the curve of the bezel) component TV tube inside the cab, back mounted to the original frame.
20140927_185432-1-1-1.jpg

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
The Nanao died, I sold the power supply with I/O and jamma harness to someone else doing a restore.
Its just a shell at this point, I put the Omega or my PC (Mame) inside.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
The Nanao died, I sold the power supply with I/O and jamma harness to someone else doing a restore.
Its just a shell at this point, I put the Omega or my PC (Mame) inside.

Im serious man..I have a nice pvm ill give you plus buy that shell from you if youre ever interested.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
The Omega City... or Neo Blast?
This is actually a 27" Phillips (fit best with the curve of the bezel) component TV tube inside the cab, back mounted to the original frame.
interesting....doesn't look bad at all. please elaborate

btw I like that panel layout. really looks like a neo candy :D

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Damn Jassin your CP wiring is so tidy, very impressive. As for using the consolized MVS in a cab, it’s a little backwards sure, but if it works for you that’s what matters. The fact that you found a curved component CRT is impressive in its own, it probably has a better low res picture than most of our trisync blasts with nanao chassis.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Yea guys, I was shocked by how good that TV looks. The Nanao was a little sharper, but still very comparable. It blows away the Wells Gardner k7500 without question.

The one issue, without a remote adjustment board, the picture can only be altered in service menu (hidden menu) mode, which is a pain to access. This is only a concern when changing the source, Omega to PC for example.

The TV can do 240p, 480i, 480p, 720p and 1080i. It also can be set to "auto on" so it powers on with the cab without needing its own separate switch.

I found it on Craig's List for 25$, took about 2 hours to decase and mount to the Blast frame. It sits at the same depth as the WG-k7500... About 3/4th of an inch mounted to the back side.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A

A friend of mine also has a Phillips tv. These TV's show some really pronounced horizontal scanlines. It's like it's a Phillips thing to show horizontal scanlines.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
So let me get some clarity here as well Jassin.

1. You HAD a Blast City, complete and fully working.
2. While Tating it you broke the neck of the Nanao monitor.
3. You strip the PSU, all wiring, I/O, etc and sell them.
4. You toss a TV tube in and DB15 wire for an Omega.

So instead of replacing the monitor you broke, you bastardized the cab.

Why did you even buy it to begin with? When you broke the monitor why didn't you just sell it?

You are now unemployed and just bastardized it instead. Must be those priorities in your life.

You gonna gut the Omega shell next and hang the guts on a board next?

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
So let me get some clarity here as well Jassin.

1. You HAD a Blast City, complete and fully working.
2. While Tating it you broke the neck of the Nanao monitor.
3. You strip the PSU, all wiring, I/O, etc and sell them.
4. You toss a TV tube in and DB15 wire for an Omega.

So instead of replacing the monitor you broke, you bastardized the cab.

Why did you even buy it to begin with? When you broke the monitor why didn't you just sell it?

You are now unemployed and just bastardized it instead. Must be those priorities in your life.

You gonna gut the Omega shell next and hang the guts on a board next?

Original post:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...ty-Club&p=3590287&highlight=k7500#post3590287

Mine and codecrank's reactions were appropriate.

Chempop

Tempted to have Jassin help me gut and hack my super neo just to see people rage :lolz:

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Ask more then its worth? Its not listed anywhere for sale!
I was asked to take a partial trade that I didn't really feel was worth anything. I never wanted cash in the first place truth be told, I wanted to trade for MVS carts.

As for the death of the Nanao... It developed this issue where the longer it was left on the image stability would shake. I removed the chassis and looked for a replacement, or someone to repair it. After 3 months in our guest bedroom, my wife demanded I move the 27" tube to the basement. It was doing this (solo no frame I might add) that led to the necking of the tube. A tube with heavy burn mind you, that still a loss, far from tragic event.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
A bunch of excuses as usual Jassin.

And by all means, continue to lie about price and cash. Not listing it doesn't mean a damn thing when you try dealing with someone.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Ask more then its worth? Its not listed anywhere for sale!
I was asked to take a partial trade that I didn't really feel was worth anything. I never wanted cash in the first place truth be told, I wanted to trade for MVS carts.

I posted the offer in the thread cause I honestly wanted to fix the cab...cause your destroying it. The "worthless" trade was offered here as well..if you were not interested..why did you pm me asking about it? The pm was even titled interested...lol. I made you a more then fair offer for what is when its all said and done a plastic shell. Thats not even taking in to account the pvm. You then responded asking for mvs carts..of which i have none to trade. You then responded to me with this:

Finally is price, I will need 300$ cash in addition to the monitor. I understand it is missing parts inside, but outside its in fantastic shape. Much better then the one for 400$+... Just look at his pictures, its filithy and yellowing.

Not asking more then its worth? Thats your opinion. However I got the advice of numerous csb owners who say Ive already offered you triple what thats worth.

Last edited:

Chempop

Perhaps you, like Jassin will ask more than it's worth via the community.

Huh? It was only meant as a joke. People need to watch more In Living Color up in here. The lack of sense of humor is disturbing.
If I sell the Super Neo 29, I could triple my money and someone will still think they are getting a good deal. But I wouldn’t do that :p

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member

Lemony Vengeance

oooooh yeah... I remember that now.

guys, let's keep this thread for blast pics and tech stuff if possible. We already have a hyphen :lolz:

anyhow, I'm sitting on 2 spare blast PSUs, if someone buys it for the purpose of rebuilding it, I'll let one go.

I agree, was just posting for posterity.

So, I got a DC panel for my blast and wired up the connectors for the maple bus... but haven't tried anything yet :P I blame that on laziness, mainly.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
I agree, was just posting for posterity.

So, I got a DC panel for my blast and wired up the connectors for the maple bus... but haven't tried anything yet :P I blame that on laziness, mainly.

so it works for all capcom games ? wonder if there is a supported game list somewhere. and what is supported, like saves / vmu stuff. cool stuff :D

Lemony Vengeance

someone on SRK was listing which games DONT work..

To me, that's like going to subway and telling the Sandwich Artist what you DON'T want on it. I shouldn't complain though. I'm not going to spend a saturday netbooting and testing. :P