Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Hell yeah! I'd be in for 3 for sure, possibly 4. :buttrock:

Keep us posted bro

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Music-stool-Video-games-stool-for_1103238561.html?s=p

this gives you an idea of the unit cost

shipping/taxes/import/port fess/etc is a bit obscure right now, but there are plenty of company offering all included services

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/dhl-international-shipping-rate-to-USA_495868920.html?s=p

at most 100$ per 1m cube pallets. should be able to stack 30-40 per pallet , no ? ( base is 450x430mm )

Nice dude! Any idea of the style you're going to have them order? Were you thinking clones of the Taito ones or something similar to the one in the listing?

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
At that price I'll take 8 :-)

Edit I see there are many different kinds is this the one you are looking at?
84f993ccb10295a4bdff3c254b4fceb7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
I'm inquring about ratio stool replicas. But apparently 100 is not enough ..

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
I would prob be in for a few as well code if you can get something going. Will they give you a minimum number?

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
It is with sad regret that I have now sold off my last Blast City and will be leaving the club. However, if anyone wants to join me, I will be in the New Net City/Net City/Naomi Universal club, as well as the New Astro/Astro and Neo Candy club.
Codecrank is now the supreme overlord of this club. All bow down to him.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Rog, you’ll always be remembered as the blast prez/angry librarian who was willing to answer all my noobish questions in OG chat - e.g. what is an anode, and can I lick it?

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Rog, you’ll always be remembered as the blast prez/angry librarian who was willing to answer all my noobish questions in OG chat - e.g. what is an anode, and can I lick it?

lol how did you manage to survive the n00b stage ? :lolz:

300wins

Conan The Librarian,

Everyone knows that licking the anode cap will give you street cred. :lolz:
And video of you doing it or it never happened. :keke:

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
So uhh.. Hello there Blast City Club. It appears I will soon be a member of you!

Haven't had a chance to read through the 100+ page back log yet, but I figured I would ask you guys if you have any simple tips and recommendations for new owners so I have a better idea of what I'm dealing with before my new friend arrives. I'd also love to hear how some of you have your cabs set up, and what games you keep plugged in non stop.

I have a few boards I'll keep under heavy use (As well as a large Neo collection), and I have an ST-V cart on the way to me from darksoft and mitsurugi that will soon be joined by a CPS3 set up. However, I'm also interested in some consoles and how well they might work. The Saturn has a lot of really good shooter ports that aren't on ST-V, and the Dreamcast is way more affordable than a Naomi, I know people use them in cabs a lot, but are they worth it? How do they compare to the original boards? Also, how are the Cave ports on the 360 when played on a cab? Online third strike on a cab seems like it would be pretty sweet as well.

Just want to have an idea of where best to direct my attention so I don't waste my time or money on something that won't work well to begin with, especially if I should be saving that money for a Naomi Netboot set up instead.

Anyway, looking forward to being a proud Blast owner, and I'll make sure each of my posts here is just a little less painful and noobish then the last!

Chempop

I usually have a DC in my hori and 360 in my vert mainly because they are easy to connect the video via VGA, but you’ll probably need a 001 loom to run sound through the blast’s stereo amp. The cave ports with HD look great, while the couple which are low res only look decent. A few DC games aren’t VGA compatible, but with a scan-line generator even the sprite based capcom ports look good to me.

Be very careful when rotating the monitor. I suggest laying the cab on its back and loosening the monitor frame (cage?) a little. I hope you aren’t a twig.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Be very careful when rotating the monitor. I suggest laying the cab on its back and loosening the monitor frame (cage?) a little. I hope you aren’t a twig.

I'm not a twig, but I'm not gonna lie, rotating the moniter is a little scary to me, so advice like that is appreciated.

What games do you usually play on your DC?

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'm not a twig, but I'm not gonna lie, rotating the moniter is a scary to me, so advice like that is appreciated.

At least the BC monitor has a frame, yo should gamble with a AWSD :lolz: no frame just asking to get necked. ;)

Chempop

I'm not a twig, but I'm not gonna lie, rotating the moniter is a little scary to me, so advice like that is appreciated.

To play it even safer, I used to remove the marquee cover and rear panel on the marquee in order to create an opening. Standing with one foot on the side of the cab and other foot in the opening gave me better leverage than just standing next to the cab. Also, the reason why it’s helpful to slightly loosen the nuts on the monitor cage is because you have to align it with bolts in the cab which can be a tight fit in yoko or tate. You might not even be able to set it into place unless the frame is loosened enough to adjust and wiggle.

I usually play gigawing1+2, marsmatrix, zero gunner2, REZ, cosmic smash, Vampire Chronicles, 3rd Strike, and project justice on the blast with the DC.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
I never rotated a Blast monitor, but I have inserted and removed various different tubes (looking for the perfect fit) into the body about 50+ times.

I've found removing the control panel, laying the cab flat on its back and lowering the monitor into place works the best.
Like Chem said its easier to stand at the marquee end of the cab then at the base, its smaller so straddling it while lowering is a better option.
Again as mentioned, if your bolts on the tube are super tight the frame will not flex period.
It can create a problem when aligning the mount bolts on the body to the holes in the frame, you need that little bit of wiggle room sometimes.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
So uhh.. Hello there Blast City Club. It appears I will soon be a member of you!

Haven't had a chance to read through the 100+ page back log yet, but I figured I would ask you guys if you have any simple tips and recommendations for new owners so I have a better idea of what I'm dealing with before my new friend arrives. I'd also love to hear how some of you have your cabs set up, and what games you keep plugged in non stop.

I have a few boards I'll keep under heavy use (As well as a large Neo collection), and I have an ST-V cart on the way to me from darksoft and mitsurugi that will soon be joined by a CPS3 set up. However, I'm also interested in some consoles and how well they might work. The Saturn has a lot of really good shooter ports that aren't on ST-V, and the Dreamcast is way more affordable than a Naomi, I know people use them in cabs a lot, but are they worth it? How do they compare to the original boards? Also, how are the Cave ports on the 360 when played on a cab? Online third strike on a cab seems like it would be pretty sweet as well.

Just want to have an idea of where best to direct my attention so I don't waste my time or money on something that won't work well to begin with, especially if I should be saving that money for a Naomi Netboot set up instead.

Anyway, looking forward to being a proud Blast owner, and I'll make sure each of my posts here is just a little less painful and noobish then the last!

Welcome to the club! If you need controller hacks, lemme know :)

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member

welcome, mate !

btw a naomi + netdimm + jamma io is actually less than buying a dreamcast , vga box and pad hack ;) of course if you're good with soldering you can jammafy that DC for pretty cheap :D

http://www.hklegend.com.hk/?page_no=7&lang=0&show_case=

Sega JVS Jamma I/O Board 838-13683-93W/ Wire Naomi 45
Sega Naomi Net Dimm Board Ver 3.17 W/ Memory 256 MB Naomi 70
Sega Naomi 1 Mother Board Naomi MB 42

The blast city has plenty of juice for a dimm setup. and has a stereo amp built-in.

Last edited:

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Stools could be awesome Codecrank. I may be in for two

Also, I still need a marquee for mine if anyone is making them lately

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Got a Blast this weekend, going to convert it too a Bass Fishing. Anyone here got a good condition Bass Fishing Reel w/ tension?