Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Let this be a lesson to everyone:

You never stick your dick into crazy.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Thank god in England they will give you a barrister for free and a good one at that

They do that in the US too if you are indigent. Mr. Daker chose not to have an attorney although he had a right to one. Most public defenders I have been around are excellent and frequently do a better job than private lawyers who can get very lazy after the money runs out. His problem is he thinks he is smarter than everyone, coincidentally, just like a lot of sociopathic murderers who represent themselves. Now he is in quite a pickle. I guarantee you he was warned at each major stage of the proceedings that he should have an attorney. Do we just give people who repeatedly ignore that advice a second bite of the apple if they are convicted? It's not just his failure to make a compelling case at trial that suffered as a result, but I'm sure there are a million pre-trial things that he overlooked or didn't sufficiently investigate because he was so confident in his ability to "wing it" at trial.

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
They do that in the US too if you are indigent. Mr. Daker chose not to have an attorney although he had a right to one. Most public defenders I have been around are excellent and frequently do a better job than private lawyers who can get very lazy after the money runs out. His problem is he thinks he is smarter than everyone, coincidentally, just like a lot of sociopathic murderers who represent themselves. Now he is in quite a pickle. I guarantee you he was warned at each major stage of the proceedings that he should have an attorney. Do we just give people who repeatedly ignore that advice a second bite of the apple if they are convicted? It's not just his failure to make a compelling case at trial that suffered as a result, but I'm sure there are a million pre-trial things that he overlooked or didn't sufficiently investigate because he was so confident in his ability to "wing it" at trial.

Maybe he heard this tune in his head and thought he could defend himself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP9PoBlFDp4

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

LOL! You can't base your opinion of British law on that... If I was accused of a crime, I'd much rather stand trial in the UK than in America. For one thing, they don't put people to death and sentencing as a whole is more lenient. It's no accident that America has the highest per capita prison population in the world. And American prisons look scary as shit!

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
If you eliminate the people in jail based on drug charges...i think we're OK. It's pretty easy to avoid jail time in the US. I don't know why it's so hard for people to avoid Marijuana. And if you can't avoid it, move to a state where it's legal.

Tacitus

Staff member
If you eliminate the people in jail based on drug charges...i think we're OK. It's pretty easy to avoid jail time in the US. I don't know why it's so hard for people to avoid Marijuana. And if you can't avoid it, move to a state where it's legal.

Most smokers I know can't get off the couch... going to another state might as well be moving to saturn.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
If you eliminate the people in jail based on drug charges...i think we're OK.

What do you mean, "eliminate"...? ;)

It's pretty easy to avoid jail time in the US.

It's a lot easier for some than others... Tell that to minorities, the poor, or ex-cons.

I don't know why it's so hard for people to avoid Marijuana. And if you can't avoid it, move to a state where it's legal.

What VT said, lol!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member

How about those inmates in Guantanamo Bay? Or do they not count because it's technically in Cuba?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Blatz took a mortgage out to help o_o

I hope you're kidding.

Clearly,this manatee is going to turn on him when if he gets out. I'm guessing that she fights with him to get released and then she turns around and says she was coerced or conned by him through letters to behave this way.

He needs to get the fuck away from her as soon as possible.

I sure hope this isn't a case of a big inheritance, life insurance, or some other financial motivation behind the sudden change of heart.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
I sure hope this isn't a case of a big inheritance, life insurance, or some other financial motivation behind the sudden change of heart.

She heard he has a warehouse of Egrets, so she got visions of a large swath of fryable birds that would put KFC to shame.

Her story will change once she realizes her error.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
A mortgage is an investment of sorts. The question is: what sorts?

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
LOL! You can't base your opinion of British law on that... If I was accused of a crime, I'd much rather stand trial in the UK than in America. For one thing, they don't put people to death and sentencing as a whole is more lenient. It's no accident that America has the highest per capita prison population in the world. And American prisons look scary as shit!

England also has extra shitty libel laws and restrictions on free speech/the press that America does not.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
England also has extra shitty libel laws and restrictions on free speech/the press that America does not.

True but if you're accused of a serious felony, you probably care more about not getting 5 or 10 years or a lifetime of trying to avoid getting your shit pushed in.

Seriously, WTF? You people are making ridiculous comparisons/arguments!

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
True but if you're accused of a serious felony, you probably care more about not getting 5 or 10 years or a lifetime of trying to avoid getting your shit pushed in.

Seriously, WTF? You people are making ridiculous comparisons/arguments!

So, wait...you're saying we should mollycoddle violent offenders because of how another country handles their criminals?

Jon

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
So, wait...you're saying we should mollycoddle violent offenders because of how another country handles their criminals?

Jon

No, but they should not be subject to inhumane treatment either.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The judicial systems of the UK and every state in the US other than NY and California sucks.
Common Law is an abomination.

Extra shitty ones, duh.

the UK doesn't have any major free speech differences than the us. Plus, when was the last time the UK extrajudicialy assassinated two of their own citizens abroad for making videos that they didn't like?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
At least we don't have CCTV on us 24/7
Tho I might prefer that at times...

Tacitus

Staff member
Some of the best sex I've ever had came from doing this. I think I'll continue to roll the dice..

Oh, I don't disagree with that part, however I had to learn this the hard way, numerous times.

IT'S. NOT. WORTH. IT.