what was the best show on tv... that never got a fair shake/ cancelled way too soon.

Marek

Banned
Obvious answer

twin-peaks-ps3.jpeg

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Some good shows listed. This is why I dont watch anything until season 2.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
1. Carnivale - Biggest cliffhanger of any end season show. Ever. Then canceled. Fuck me. Had such potential.
2. Rubicon - Great cast and writing. How this show didn't make it to season 2 and Mad Men (which I'm a fan of) continues, is completely beyond me.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
As quite a few mentioned (despite OP saying besides Firefly) the true answer is indeed Firefly. Now if only I could get my wife to watch it :oh_no:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
As quite a few mentioned (despite OP saying besides Firefly) the true answer is indeed Firefly. Now if only I could get my wife to watch it :oh_no:

back when my wife was just my live-in girlfriend, i got her to watch the show after a lot of coercing. now we are married. moral of the story? nathan fillion will get you a FUCKING AWESOME wife.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Arrested Development: It did get 2/12 (hardly 3) seasons and lots of praise, but its a shame they had to tie things up so quickly. At least when they did end the show they properly ended it, but it did all seem so rushed.

Honestly though, I would have loved maybe 4 24 episode seasons and then for them to end it before it got stale. That show was too good to on endlessly.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Wikipedia entry for the 1991 revival of Dark Shadows:
Though the series premiered to great success, watched by nearly 1 in 4 households according to ratings of the period, NBC frequently pre-empted or abruptly re-scheduled later episodes in favor of news coverage during the onset of the Gulf War. Ratings rapidly declined in turn and the show was not picked up for a second season as a result.

Finding a way to kill off a series watched by 1 in 4 households before it hits season 2 is mindboggling.

Another series that never should have died after 1 season: The Flash

Edit: I forgot Bruce!

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
late night with conan obrien

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Hard time on planet earth
Twin Peaks

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Misfits of science.

Also, i'd love to see more seasons of the british misfits show.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Automan
Manimal
Poochinski
Card Sharks
King Arthur and the Knights of Justice
Night Man

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
it's been years since I seen it so maybe my tastes have changed, but I always thought MTV's downtown was a cool animated show and I think it only got one season.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
The Rotten Tomatoes Show. Hands down.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Oh, I totally forgot Clone High, that show was so hilarious, I was shocked when it never got a second season.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
The Flash. Way ahead of it's time. Had the person who did the score to Batman the animated Series before that existed. Showed comic book TV shows didn't have to be so campy. Cancelled cause CBS kept changing it's time slot.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Police Squad. Cancelled after 6 eps but at least it went on to bigger things on the big screen.
Would've love at least another season of The Critic.
And a few others that were already mentioned by others in this thread.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Police Squad. Cancelled after 6 eps but at least it went on to bigger things on the big screen.
Would've love at least another season of The Critic.
And a few others that were already mentioned by others in this thread.

i dont know if you ever saw it, but The Critic got a bonus season as a web series- with almost all of the voices. slight reformatting, but it's still out there and it is always good for a chuckle.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Pandamonium. From like 30 years ago. Can't think of anything better on tv in recent years.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
i dont know if you ever saw it, but The Critic got a bonus season as a web series- with almost all of the voices. slight reformatting, but it's still out there and it is always good for a chuckle.

OMG! Thanks for this cdamm, that show was great but I never knew about this; searching the web now...!

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Ones already mentioned...

Arrested Development
Better Off Ted

Not mentioned...

Veronica Mars - This actually had a pretty interesting story line, I got into it after it had long since been pulled off air and they should have kept it going. I know the whole teen girl detective may sound lame, but the show was well written, it knew how to take some good plot twist and worst of all, Gossip Girl is the show that took it off air for the time slot.

Titus - Huge fan of his comedy and loved bringing his approach to real life issues that aren't always talked about in sitcom form tackled. It got wiped out during the early 2000's during Fox's Swap & Cancel programming set up. Lasted for 3 seasons but should have kept going.