what was the best show on tv... that never got a fair shake/ cancelled way too soon.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
For me, Transformers Animated.

Regardless of what many a trans-fan will say, I still place it higher than the big screen stuff. Not only did fans get screwed out of a 4th season, the toyline followed in kind (And there were some awesome toys on the way too!).

Really enjoying Transformers Prime and the news of Encore Twincast and Soundblaster has made my day, still though I get misty-eyed when I thing of what could have been for TFA.

And I'll add another show to the list of old school Hasbro properties that appeared in this thread: Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I didnt know where else to put this, except for where i brought it up in the first place-

Look what my wife got me for a slightly early birthday present! Better Off Ted can live on through me!

IMG_3969.jpg

my wife rules.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member

(Twin Peaks fans check this video out!)

I used to love the Devious website. They used to play episodes of Twin Peaks and Parker Louis, Can't Lose back to back.

As much as I would have loved more Twin Peaks, I think some of the middle episodes while Lynch was off filming Wild at Heart show how easily the whole thing can fall off the rails the second he steps away. Like when James actually leaves the town and gets wrapped up in a trite 'framed for murder' storyline that wouldn't have been greenlit for a low-rent basic cable thriller.

You have no idea how much I hated that storyline and the woman that played Evelyn Marsh (shitty Skinamax acting). Even back then I was sick and tired of the James character during the third season. The movie made up for it with Laura making fun of him for being such a crybaby.

Don't even get me started on the "Just You" song....

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
http://youtu.be/dRmYMAtFv6o

i miss three's a crowd, it was an odd transistion from three's company, the chemisitry just wasnt there and only lasted a season i think... oh well John Ritter was kinda funny physical comedy and I enjoyed it when I was a kid. as i got older i started to understand the innuendos of the sexual variety in three's company.....whos the boss was pretty rad too,thats my story :/

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
For me, Transformers Animated.

Regardless of what many a trans-fan will say, I still place it higher than the big screen stuff.

Whoah, wait a second.

Do people seriously try to claim that this ShiaLebuff/Meganfox garbage is better than the animated series?

I have never heard that argument made by anyone ever.

Marek

Banned
The show came back a few years ago on MTV2. The problem was they had new people doing the show. Everybody had a new voice, so they didn't sound right. Plus the matches they had weren't that funny. The same people also did another claymation show called Glenn Martin DDS that had Kevin Nealon doing the voice. The show was horrible and didn't last more then two seasons. It also didn't help that it had a built in laugh track, so when the jokes fell flat they had plenty of canned laughter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Martin_DDS

Interesting.

old school celebrity death match was the best.

The announcers were my favorite. So ridiculous.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Interesting.

old school celebrity death match was the best.

The announcers were my favorite. So ridiculous.
Eventually you run out of celebritys to kill.

It looks like Community is going to join this thread soon.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
The obvious choice is Arrested Development.

+1

A rag tag bunch trying to do good in space, man I was so into this way back in the mid 90's, only 6 episodes made it to air

Best damn version of Spider-Man in animation, a pity that it got canned during the Disney buy out of Marvel

This team was more mentally screwed up then anything which made for some great dynamics. Damn shame it ended on a cliffhanger

Boggles my mind why this wasn't picked up

Really well done show, while it had two seasons I'm not sure why it was canned yet damn Tim & Eric( at the time ) had their show still on

That's some pretty weird shit I never saw before... Korgoth sure had potential </3

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
War of the Worlds probably deserved to be canceled...

But it was a great show. It just got mishandled.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
i was just thinking the same thing. I have no idea how the hell 'whitney' is getting better ratings.

I saw her stand up. It was really OK...and nothing more. She talked about dating and sex the whole time for an hour. No variety.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I saw her stand up. It was really OK...and nothing more. She talked about dating and sex the whole time for an hour. No variety.

Im a big fan of her standup, the problem is the show she is doing is so watered down and completely unfunny. Plus the live studio audience laughtrack really puts it over the top for a bad show.

Trey was right about lucy daughter of the devil for sure as well. I had forgoten all about it. i also think the 'Clerks' animated series deserved a nod here. It was on the wrong network and had the potential (with its limited number of episodes) to be family guy popular.