Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Works great as a cab leveler.

6adbee301af3ce650020e148d294fd6b.jpg

Wow! Tougher than bullet proof glass. Hardware durable enough to take the weight of a 200 lb arcade machine. That's quality construction!

Also tough enough to weather the storm of hater hot air! :lolz:

SSS

neo retired
Well, at least now I can run Sam Sho 2 properly on it without video and emulation glitches

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Well, at least now I can run Sam Sho 2 properly on it without video and emulation glitches

Totally agree Sensei. They need to capitalize and market that feature they're giving away for free!

"Improves performance of existing, real NeoGeo hardware!"

:D

TOMMOTOUGH.jpg

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire
On the original AES System there was a Game Save feature. Why is there not a Game Save feature on the NEOGEO X?
We are currently finalising a Game Save Card for the NEOGEO X. Please watch this website for further announcements.

Looks like Saves will be built into future releases?

How do I charge my NEOGEO X without using the docking system (for example while I am travelling)?
We suggest you charge the NEOGEO X using a USB cable via a power supply, directly from a power outlet. The output of the Power Supply should be 1.5A only. Use of any other power supply output will void the warranty.

Can I use my laptop (or other electronic device) to charge my NeoGeo X?
NO. Do not charge the NEOGEO X via USB cable using a Laptop or other electronic device. This will void the warranty.

Will you be creating a separate power supply unit for the NEOGEO X that I can use when I am travelling?
Yes. We are in the process of arranging this. Please check out the website for the latest update on this.

bcfczulu

Over Top Auto Mechanic
i don't know if this will work for everyone; but i hooked the dock up to my CRT again and the picture was just as red with the colour bleeding. when i looked it was on the ntsc setting so changed it over to pal not expecting much but it seemed to sort the colour out, gone was the red blurry coulor. still a bit dark though but a massive improvement on the picture over all.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Holy shit, you gave this turd it's own dedicated forum?

~lol

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

~lol

It was messing up the forums Yodd you simple fook...

All the disparate threads were giving me a headache.... just wait till you come into chat... you gonna get such a spankin....

left cheek.... right cheek...

xROTx

Superdanx

Goal! Goal! Goal!
10 Year Member

~lol

Your really getting on my nerves. Like it or not the NGX is the biggest (note: biggest not best thing to happen to the Neo Geo scene) for more years than I care to remember, it needs it's own sub forum. Hopefully you won't post in it.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
The Neo Geo X was not created for the hardcore gamer that already has these games on various systems or emulators. It was not designed for those who know how to work the ROMS on their third party home or portable systems, and are willing to spend the extra time dealing with tricky & extensive software installs to get it done. So when these people talk about how this is a waste of money it goes in one ear and out the other. It's like watching people denounce Apple products because they know how to setup a Hackintosh. Sure it can be done (and I own two in my music studio right now), but for many people they don't have the time to dedicate to such an endeavor. They want something that is simple to operate and just as simple to maintain. They don't want to "geek out" and use all of the available technological trickery to do it.

This is geared at a new audience more than anyone else. My ten year old nephew fell in love with my Neo Geo Cart system and is constantly asking me to use my Neo Geo Pocket when he visits. Although I allow him to use the games when he's here, there's no way I'm going to let him take these systems home with him out of concern that they would get damaged. When he saw the Neo Geo X he instantly saw he could play many of the games that I have in portable form, so he showed interest in it. Sure, I could purchase a Dingoo A320e, a GP2X WIZ or anyone of the portable handheld that can run emulators, torrent all the ROMS and set it up for him to do it. But that's not what most ten year olds want to deal with, especially if something corrupts and requires a complete reinstall of software. They just want it to work so they can play. On that basis alone, I would definitely consider getting him a Neo Geo X.

Some people need to realize that despite how dedicated and hardcore you are about about a particular thing, you may not always be their target demographic.

Last edited:

SSS

neo retired
No. 99.9% of 10 year olds do not give a fuck about the neo.

This was not designed for a new audience. Hence the absurdity of the docking station. This was designed to sucker in those already familiar with the neo.

If you think otherwise, then I'm sorry. You are deluding yourself. This is no different than any other POS retro console with pack in games.

Dragon76

Cheng's Errand Boy
Looks like Saves will be built into future releases?

Well that's promising! Looks like they're at least taking the feedback and doing something about it. Maybe, as others here have mentioned they'll fix the video issues? I still think I'm just gonna go the CMVS route for now, until they fix this thing right. Just ashame this wasn't released "more polished" to begin with. Glad those that bought one are enjoying it, at least most of them it seems.

Dragon76

Cheng's Errand Boy
The Neo Geo X was not created for the hardcore gamer that already has these games on various systems or emulators. It was not designed for those who know how to work the ROMS on their third party home or portable systems, and are willing to spend the extra time dealing with tricky & extensive software installs to get it done. So when these people talk about how this is a waste of money it goes in one ear and out the other. It's like watching people denounce Apple products because they know how to setup a Hackintosh. Sure it can be done (and I own two in my music studio right now), but for many people they don't have the time to dedicate to such an endeavor. They want something that is simple to operate and just as simple to maintain. They don't want to "geek out" and use all of the available technological trickery to do it.

This is geared at a new audience more than anyone else. My ten year old nephew fell in love with my Neo Geo Cart system and is constantly asking me to use my Neo Geo Pocket when he visits. Although I allow him to use the games when he's here, there's no way I'm going to let him take these systems home with him out of concern that they would get damaged. When he saw the Neo Geo X he instantly saw he could play many of the games that I have in portable form, so he showed interest in it. Sure, I could purchase a Dingoo A320e, a GP2X WIZ or anyone of the portable handheld that can run emulators, torrent all the ROMS and set it up for him to do it. But that's not what most ten year olds want to deal with, especially if something corrupts and requires a complete reinstall of software. They just want it to work so they can play. On that basis alone, I would definitely consider getting him a Neo Geo X.

Some people need to realize that despite how dedicated and hardcore you are about about a particular thing, you may not always be their target demographic.

Wow! A sensible, level headed post. I say, to each his own. If you bought it and enjoy it, then great! Who am I, or anyone else to berate you for that? If you hate it and think it's a piece of crap, well ok you're entitled to your opinion. Even though the posts get personal at times (attacks) etc...being someone whom didn't buy one, I'm enjoying everyone's perspective. I personally feel if they take the time to correct the main concerns people have about this thing, it will be quite a nice piece of hardware to own.

Dragon76

Cheng's Errand Boy
I'll say it again. Tommo is cashing in on your Maudlin Neo Geo feelings.

True, but that's the point of advertising, no matter the product. They tap into your emotions, so you buy stuff. They WANT you to get emotional over their product, so you make a decision to purchase based off an emotional response versus a rational, logical one.

cabear

n00b
with the way some of you are talking so much shit about the neo geo x you'd think tommo and the staff of snkp personally fucked your moms, sisters, relatives, anyone who you ever gave a shit about. get over it already.

if anything it seems you all are more annoyed with newbies invading the forum.

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
Dragon, you know you can reply to multiple posts/quotes in a single post, right? No need for all the multiple posts...

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
Just a couple quick videos trying to show the difference between the Neo-Geo emulated the right way (Neo-Geo Station) and the wrong way (Neo-Geo X).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_voHBzAEa4
0:00 - 0:14 is the Neo-Geo X via the included HDMI cable
0:21 - 0:41 is Neo-Geo Station on the PS3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9857yB19K8
Stage 1 of METAL SLUG 1 on starting with the Neo-Geo Station emulator via the PS3.
Settings: Japanese (Blood), 1080p (4x3 aspect), Scanlines: On
0:00 - 1:40 is Neo-Geo Station on the PS3
1:45 - 3:16 is the Neo-Geo X via the included HDMI cable

By the way, is there a way to change the outputted aspect ratio via the Neo-Geo X or does it require you to force it to 4:3 via your display?
My 24" LED display doesn't have a way to do that.

Last edited: