Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

slerch666

updyke,
PS - The feckers at Target still haven't sent me my second stick and they say I won't get it until mid January. Anyone else have this problem?
PPS - Anyone else hoping they release NGPC games on this?

Target completely canceled my preorder out of hand, so feel lucky they are even entertaining the thought of sending you one.

alsmoneo

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
If we're gonna split hairs, its actually like having a gracefully aging wife in her late 30s, and then picking up a defective Chinese clone of her that you could carry around in a sports bag....and you only pull her out to fuck her while taking a shit or while riding shotgun during long uneventful car rides.

Totally agree :lolz:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
This is for all you new members:

ngx_shortbus.jpg

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Sorry but this is too much fun.. your join date is showing Dec 2012 does that mean we are riding the same bus?

Yes, Dec 2012 with over 10,000 posts and nearly 100 in feedback.

Clearly i am on that same bus as u.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Broken has dibs on the back seat of the short bus. Do not sit in the back seat.

I do find it funny how it can bother some people so much, when they dont even own it.

I feel sorry for all the new members joining up here because of this system and they get nothing but insulted.

100% agreed - no doubt those throwing the insults would think the sun shone out of ur ass if you magically appeared with a long lost 30k AES cart 'bullshit 3'.

@Alaska-

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Exactly, and no, I do not own a Neo Geo X, but I could see the crappiness from the beginning. Actually, I was amazed to see so many long-time people exited about this, ass.

you have to support the system and think about poor Snk-P employees who need money to put food on their tables
also
there's a remote possibility that eventually if NGX sells well, SNK-P will put on sale some obscure crappy unreleased pinball proto
and you could see said long time members jerking of each other starting their eproms burner

no wait, what if SNK-P will release MOTW 2?
i will give my arms for it even if i wouldn't be able to play it anymore, shit
U.U

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
These new members registering here due to the Neo Geo x is kind of like people joining a Rush forum after seeing a really bad cover band the night before.

Last edited:

Dragon76

Cheng's Errand Boy
Funny shit! Really enjoying all the crazy posts here. This forum has become a dick measuring contest, lol! "I have (x) amount of posts." "I have an AES and I'm better than you guys with only the petty X." Keep it up guys. Great entertainment!

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Funny shit! Really enjoying all the crazy posts here. This forum has become a dick measuring contest, lol! "I have (x) amount of posts." "I have an AES and I'm better than you guys with only the petty X." Keep it up guys. Great entertainment!

Well, one would assume that's what this thread would be all about it they haven't read it. Upon actually reading it, I'd say your description couldn't be farther from reality.

And my post count is pathetic!

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I'd say your description couldn't be farther from reality.

If he described it as an intelligent conversation from which actual value could be drawn he would DEFINITELY be further from reality :lolz:

and hey broken, I played my x for an hour or two last night and threw down on some MS and RBS, had a great time. Honestly the emulation works great on just the handheld, better than my psp, and it let's me play my neo games a lot more often, as my cab doesn't stay at my house.

How often do you play your neo games broken?

dan3skate

Quiz Detective
Amazing to me how ruthless the people are on these forums. It was known from square one that this would be emulated an a device similar to other offerings made by tommo. However they did much more, they went far above and beyond that with a mini aes docking station, joysticks, game card and more. Just the fact that any respectable company would dare to make a product like this in 2012, when there is such small niche market, is wonderful. But when you look on these forums it is met with such cold cold welcoming. I for one appreciate it, and hope gaming companies today continue to support the retro market with new hardware.

Superdanx

Goal! Goal! Goal!
10 Year Member
Amazing to me how ruthless the people are on these forums. It was known from square one that this would be emulated an a device similar to other offerings made by tommo. However they did much more, they went far above and beyond that with a mini aes docking station, joysticks, game card and more. Just the fact that any respectable company would dare to make a product like this in 2012, when there is such small niche market, is wonderful. But when you look on these forums it is met with such cold cold welcoming. I for one appreciate it, and hope gaming companies today continue to support the retro market with new hardware.

Yes.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Target completely canceled my preorder out of hand, so feel lucky they are even entertaining the thought of sending you one.
They said if they couldn't fill my order in January that they'd end up cancelling it, so I'm not quite out of the water yet. I really wanted to try out the 2-player, so it's a little annoying to say the least.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Finally got around to hooking the dock up to my Onkyo TX-SR806, and while not great the picture wasn't all that bad.

I've got an older Panasonic 61" rear projection LCD HDTV which does a pretty good job at 1080i on everything else (Blu-ray, Xbox 360 etc.).

If Tommo can clean up the output a little bit I think the system will be pretty sweet overall.

The handheld itself is a blast to play, so I'm still pretty happy with that.

I suggest that anyone that owns one email Tommo and let them know about the video issues and anything else they would like fixed.

The more feedback they get the better the chance we get some results down the line.