Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
neogeox_ngage.jpg

Zoel

New Challenger
Why get a Neo Geo X when you can get a GCW for half the price?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Why get a Neo Geo X when you can get a GCW for half the price?

I have mentioned the Zero on a couple occasions. No one seems to care.

use the [video] tags for youtube. works better that way.

Last edited:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
So when the thumbstick on the handheld gets fucked up with sticking after a total of 4 hours of use...its time to toss this shit in the trash, right? I wonder if jack Burton wants to just buy the whole thing off me at a deep discount.....the whole thing for 125$ shipped. Hopefully he would sell it to someone else and cut a sale away from snk/tommore in the process.

Yashiro666

New Challenger
I was wondering if this new system Neo Geo X could have a NGF special edition / exclusive system that might appeal to to the hard core collectors that have been over 10 years in the Neo Geo community. How about it Chris or Dion? I am sure that if Tommo had the backing and include the NGF logo it would become a more coveted system rather than becoming a dead on arrival system.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
SSS - You do realize that I don't care what 99.9% of other kids might say? The only thing that matters to me is what my kids say and what they want to do. If I was worried about whatever anyone else said, I wouldn't even own a Neo Geo considering how out of the mainstream the home system was since the very beginning. I wouldn't have been there to pay $250+ or more for every KOF cart when they came out either. This is not a discussion you can win, nor is this something you (as an "adult") should use to try and prop yourself over another. I'm not interested in pretending to be an elitist over a video game system.

At the end of the day, it's a damned toy. Play on what you like to play on and move on. My family and I will do the same. Everyone's happy and the world continues to spin. Isn't that a much better thought process than insisting someone is "delusional"? Because I assure you, there will be no irrationality coming from this moniker.

Last edited:

SSS

neo retired
It's cool your kid likes it. I'm just merely stating that this thing wasn't designed for a new audience as you claim.

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
I am with SSS on this one.
99% of today's youth want to play COWADUUUTY or Battlefield 3. Or GTA of course.

No one is gonna buy a new system in order to play Ninja Master or Metal Slug because most of these kids wont know any Neo-related games.

those that want to play it are either gonna go mobile or buy one of the many collections already available.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I have yet to see any of you NGX ball lickers address the fact that this thing appears on all accounts to be using a stolen emulator and several other pieces of software on it that most certainly aren't licensed.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I just don't think the X is offering anything different than what was already available on other handhelds. It looks nice in pictures but after playing one I have to say that it really does feel cheap. I think a lot of what is being paid for is the SNK & NEO GEO branding on it. The audio and video quality is nothing to write home about either. Other than being an easy cash grab for Tommo and SNK, I just don't see a reason for it. IMO, It's certainly not a Neo Geo.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I have yet to see any of you NGX ball lickers address the fact that this thing appears on all accounts to be using a stolen emulator and several other pieces of software on it that most certainly aren't licensed.

what was all the stuff that was found? I'm behind a bit. So far, all I know of is FBA.

Tacitus

Staff member
It seems that the GP2x or Wiz are far better quality, better options and customizable emulation. Therefore, a better choice?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
what was all the stuff that was found? I'm behind a bit. So far, all I know of is FBA.

Well, starting with FBA, according to its license agreement it's not suppose to be used in a for profit application and if its source is modified it's suppose to be freely available. There is some other lingo in its license agreement that might have been violated, but since I am not a lawyer I can't say for sure.

I suppose it could have been licensed, however neither Tommo/SNKP nor the FBA author have mentioned this. Plus, if it was a legit license on it, why would they use a old Dingoo compiled build rather than recompile it specifically for the NGX? Or perhaps they did?

Also, and possibly more importantaly, there have been reports of several other emulators present on the device along with a Sony Playstation bios.

Per this post by burningtoys:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...ing-and-Mods&p=3465084&viewfull=1#post3465084

Just a quick look at that 250 meg partition I missed before....

uumm.. there are emulators for fc, gba, gbc, md, sfc and sms right on it.

snagged some read mes from it

there are more.. hate to be a tease but i'm off to do holiday stuff.. i might have time tonight/tommorow morning..

edit and a playstation emulator with a playstation bios file included.. uh ohhh....

This thing is a lawsuit waiting to happen (if it hasn't already). Anyone who bought this thing is backing the wrong horse.

Last edited:

Tacitus

Staff member
Well, starting with FBA, according to its license agreement it's not suppose to be used in a for profit application and if its source is modified it's suppose to be freely available. There is some other lingo in its license agreement that might have been violated, but since I am not a lawyer I can't say for sure.

I suppose it could have been licensed, however neither Tommo/SNKP nor the FBA author have mentioned this. Plus, if it was a legit license on it, why would they use a old Dingoo compiled build rather than recompile it specifically for the NGX? Or perhaps they did?

Also, and possibly more importantaly, there have been reports of several other emulators present on the device along with a Sony Playstation bios.

Per this post by burningtoys:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...ing-and-Mods&p=3465084&viewfull=1#post3465084

This thing is a lawsuit waiting to happen (if it hasn't already). Anyone who bought this thing is backing the wrong horse.

Interesting.

I didn't dig into that stuff, mainly from a lack of interest in anything outside of my realm of interest.

I'm willing to be that is leftover stuff from development or even whomever did the "gold image" for the applications/SD card rather than an intentional inclusion.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Interesting.

I didn't dig into that stuff, mainly from a lack of interest in anything outside of my realm of interest.

I'm willing to be that is leftover stuff from development or even whomever did the "gold image" for the applications/SD card rather than an intentional inclusion.

Why in the world would that stuff be on a Neo Geo oriented handheld in the first place?

I think it's pretty obvious they simply looted this stuff from the internet without even bothering to see what they had.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never

You appear to be the only one who gives a shit about that. I personally dont give a fuck.

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire
You appear to be the only one who gives a shit about that. I personally dont give a fuck.

It's also just assuming unless the creators explicitly say there's been no agreement for it's use. It seems pretty obvious that even if it were legitimate use that Tommo wouldn't want to announce that.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Well, I fired off an email to the FBA emulator author to see if we can get to the bottom of this.

If/when I hear back, I will post here.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
SSS - Do you work for the company that created the Neo Geo X, or is this your supposed video game expertise speaking? Stop trying to win a game that's not even being played. You don't like the system. Fine. Move on and play your games on the platform of your choice. Ultimately, nobody who simply wants to enjoy playing games cares about what some self appointed expert believes. Regardless if you're playing it on the NGX or another system that makes you happy, the games are being played and enjoyed by someone. KOF, Metal Slug, Magician Lord (or whatever Neo Geo title you worship) is being seen and experienced in a way that brings a smile to someone else's face (and perhaps for the first time), and and THAT'S the point. It doesn't always have to impress you specifically.

(SIGH, This is one of the reasons why I so rarely post around here anymore. Seriously, it's a damn toy. Why let it bother you that much?)

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hey Chrisr...

I don't like your sig...

Nothing has been exactly proved yet...

However bad it looks...

Please take it down....

xROTx

Lee Gray

Well, I fired off an email to the FBA emulator author to see if we can get to the bottom of this.

If/when I hear back, I will post here.

You sure are a trouble maker :p

Lee Gray

Hey Chrisr...

I don't like your sig...

Nothing has been exactly proved yet...

However bad it looks...

Please take it down....

xROTx

but its ok for TonK to talk shit about Chris non stop ?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
but its ok for TonK to talk shit about Chris non stop ?

Admittedly... that's true... Mike had a serious hard on for Chris and Dion...

... I'm just saying that nothing has been proven beyond a doubt.... and hence, i'm asking it for it to be taken down...

Pitt for example has not been implicated in anything other than buying the cart.... as for Mike... I'm keeping schtum... my views are expressed somewhere else...

This is my view... and I will happily take the hits on this one...

xROTx