Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
20130102_172004.jpg

SSS

neo retired
SSS - Do you work for the company that created the Neo Geo x

You've gotta be freaking kidding me. So I guess you work for them too? Let's revisit a previous post of yours:

" The Neo Geo X was not created for the hardcore gamer that already has these games on various systems or emulators. It was not designed for those who know how to work the ROMS on their third party home or portable systems"

"This was designed for a new audience more than anyone else."

What led you to this conclusion? Just cause your nephew liked it? So by the same logic, if he tags along with you to the supermarket and sees a bag of charcoal he likes, that means kingsford designed it for a new audience?

The neo x was designed and advertised as being close to the original. Who else would give a crap about that rediculous docking feature or neo games in general? Only those who were familiar with the neo back in the day. This thing is online only ATM. It's not sitting on the shelf at toys r us or wally world for parents or casual gamers to find.

As for you "not playing the game" or whatever. You entered the discussion and yet at the same time you claim to be above it. :scratch:

Last edited:

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
Admittedly... that's true... Mike had a serious hard on for Chris and Dion...

... I'm just saying that nothing has been proven beyond a doubt.... and hence, i'm asking it for it to be taken down...

Pitt for example has not been implicated in anything other than buying the cart.... as for Mike... I'm keeping schtum... my views are expressed somewhere else...

This is my view... and I will happily take the hits on this one...

xROTx

It is funny, since I can NEVER remember anyone moderating any of the endless bullshit that people spewed about myself, Dion, or NGF. I also never remember crying about it, now or then.

This place really has gone down hill with the moderation.

I called the BS on this debacle from DAY 1. I spoke with mike on the phone, and told him "live"
that it smelled wrong and I did not believe it. I said from day 1 as well that I did not even need to see these carts or know how "perfect" they were to tell you it was a hoax. Use your brain, it made no sense then and it makes no sense now.

People got screwed and I called the people out that did the damage. People call me out for breathing and I do not see mods jumping in to "protect" me, and I would not ask for that anyway. If you have not noticed, it never bothered me, and always seems to change when I actually meet these people face to face.

The bottom line is neo-geo.com moderation is at an all time low as far as I am concerned. But whats new, this place has always been about the manipulation of the masses.

I am not going to take my sig down. If you feel the need then do it yourself. It would not be the first or hundredth time moderators have made unauthorized changes to my posts.

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Nah, I'm good with just the dock and controller. Let me know what the shipping costs when you send it.

So when the thumbstick on the handheld gets fucked up with sticking after a total of 4 hours of use...its time to toss this shit in the trash, right? I wonder if jack Burton wants to just buy the whole thing off me at a deep discount.....the whole thing for 125$ shipped. Hopefully he would sell it to someone else and cut a sale away from snk/tommore in the process.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
It is funny, since I can NEVER remember anyone moderating any of the endless bullshit that people spewed about myself, Dion, or NGF. I also never remember crying about it, now or then.

This place really has gone down hill with the moderation.

I called the BS on this debacle from DAY 1. I spoke with mike on the phone, and told him "live"
that it smelled wrong and I did not believe it. I said from day 1 as well that I did not even need to see these carts or know how "perfect" they were to tell you it was a hoax. Use your brain, it made no sense then and it makes no sense now.

People got screwed and I called the people out that did the damage. People call me out for breathing and I do not see mods jumping in to "protect" me, and I would not ask for that anyway. If you have not noticed, it never bothered me, and always seems to change when I actually meet these people face to face.

The bottom line is neo-geo.com moderation is at an all time low as far as I am concerned. But whats new, this place has always been about the manipulation of the masses.

I am not going to take my sig down. If you feel the need then do it yourself. It would not be the first or hundredth time moderators have made unauthorized changes to my posts.

Chris...

Meh... I'm not with the masses tbh....

I do what I in myself feels right at the time...

Yes... I will make mistakes... and I genuinely feel bad for changing your custom rank... yes... it was me that added the "Deluded Individual" remark....

However, I will take off what I did if you take down your sig... (I can't do the other bit... because I didn't actually put that on...)

I'm big and ugly enough to admit I may have made a mistake....

xROTx

SSS

neo retired
The bottom line is neo-geo.com moderation is at an all time low as far as I am concerned.

Can you fault them though? They weren't able to cut their teeth on the large unruly crowds of 8 or so people over at the ngf forums like you guys did.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
chris's sig cracks me up

broken's neo geo x hate is making his dick way too hard

I approve of the new mods

and I am interested in this other handheld that's been talked about

I'd buy spoon's package (hehe), but if he doesn't like it then I probably won't

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
You've gotta be freaking kidding me. So I guess you work for them too? Let's revisit a previous post of yours:

" The Neo Geo X was not created for the hardcore gamer that already has these games on various systems or emulators. It was not designed for those who know how to work the ROMS on their third party home or portable systems"

"This was designed for a new audience more than anyone else."

What led you to this conclusion? Just cause your nephew liked it? So by the same logic, if he tags along with you to the supermarket and sees a bag of charcoal he likes, that means kingsford designed it for a new audience?

The neo x was designed and advertised as being close to the original. Who else would give a crap about that rediculous docking feature or neo games in general? Only those who were familiar with the neo back in the day. This thing is online only ATM. It's not sitting on the shelf at toys r us or wally world for parents or casual gamers to find.

As for you "not playing the game" or whatever. You entered the discussion and yet at the same time you claim to be above it. :scratch:

I don't work for them. However, I do recognize that my opinion is just that. AN OPINION.
You, on the other hand, are trying to imply or suggest that somehow I'm delusional all because I don't agree with yours. Who died and made you the expert? :lolz:

Being that I've been a member of this board for more than twelve years, I'm very much aware of what I'm entering when I decide to post here. You made the mistake of approaching me in attempt to make yourself look more knowledgable over something as senseless as a potable gaming system. We don't have to agree. Trust me, I'll live knowing that you don't personally like my opinions. And you can die tomorrow and I won't even flinch over your sudden disappearance. But if you're merely looking for a "newbie" to try and intellectually crap all over just to nurture your own insecure beliefs, then you picked the wrong person.

Find someone else to take your NGX frustrations on. I honestly don't give a shit. :oh_no:
And now, we engage the ignore feature.

Last edited:

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
VinylBoy: You're seriously getting bent out of shape over this. Take it easy brother.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
VinylBoy: You're seriously getting bent out of shape over this. Take it easy brother.

Not bent out of shape. Just think it's laughable someone found grievance with what I had to say about the NGX, just because I personally believed it targets a newer audience more than its hardcore base. You can disagree with that without resorting to the name calling or questioning one's sanity, something in which SSS (a person I don't even know) cannot do. So he's on ignore now and there he will remain.

SSS

neo retired
Well, there's no way I would put a prestigous 12 year board member on ignore. Would be like putting a cork in a fountain of enlightened Neo knowledge.

zenblaster

n00b
Just got back from returning mine to best buy.I told the clerk about the red video,poor audio and the fact that the controller up didnt work,they gave me a full refund .It was hella fun for a few days but ultimately just crap.

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
Why get a Neo Geo X when you can get a GCW for half the price?

I have mentioned the Zero on a couple occasions. No one seems to care.

use the [video] tags for youtube. works better that way.

Holy cow... that little white system looks really nice. I need to know more. Is it better than PSP for emulation? Does it have a/v output?

EDIT: Ok, found what appears to be the homepage for the GCW Zero: http://game-consoles-worldwide.com/

Some very nice specs, and does have HDMI out! Hmm, I might just get one.

Last edited:

SlickDizzy

Mr. Big's Thug
So when the thumbstick on the handheld gets fucked up with sticking after a total of 4 hours of use...its time to toss this shit in the trash, right? I wonder if jack Burton wants to just buy the whole thing off me at a deep discount.....the whole thing for 125$ shipped. Hopefully he would sell it to someone else and cut a sale away from snk/tommore in the process.

PM sent. I'd be interested in the handheld if Jack passes (and it looks like he has).

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
Here's an actual on topic question...
Does anyone know a way to change the aspect ratio on the NGX itself?
I have 2 HD displays that don't let you modify the aspect ratio and even though I have it set to 4:3 when
I turn it off it goes right back to 16:9 when plugged in via HDMI.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Play it with your drunk friends and have a good time. Or just send it back and get a refund. Don't slam it because your nerd ass has actually had a real AES since the 90's.

Yeah, my nerd ass still plays the games the way they were meant to be played because I can. No need for a crappy emu handheld and some other retro-looking junk on my side, thank Neo Dio for that. :)

slerch666

updyke,
Here's an actual on topic question...
Does anyone know a way to change the aspect ratio on the NGX itself?
I have 2 HD displays that don't let you modify the aspect ratio and even though I have it set to 4:3 when
I turn it off it goes right back to 16:9 when plugged in via HDMI.

According to their FAQ, you're pretty much fucked.

Since the NEOGEO X Docking Station is able to connect to an HDTV, will there be any way to change the display settings on how the game looks on the TV? (such as aspect ratio and HD resolution?)
On the NEOGEO X Handheld, you can change the aspect ratio of the screen between 16:9 and 4:3. The games are in their original format and resolution, not High Definition. On HDMI-compatible TV's, the TV's themselves will usually have the option to switch between 16:9 mode and 4:3 mode.

ack

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Holy cow... that little white system looks really nice. I need to know more. Is it better than PSP for emulation? Does it have a/v output?

EDIT: Ok, found what appears to be the homepage for the GCW Zero: http://game-consoles-worldwide.com/

Some very nice specs, and does have HDMI out! Hmm, I might just get one.

It uses the same JZ4770 chip that the ngx has. I think the only real difference between the 2 is the LCD, analog joystick and ngx has 2 extra R/L buttons on top. For me GCW Zero is way more appealing them the ngx, cheaper and suppose to be open source.

-ack

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Its not easy for me to tell who is a mod or not. I know (think) some are from other threads but basically I just think everyone with one of those "Years" blocks is a mod.

Only one mod has that "year" block...

...I think he's gh3y....;)

xROTx