Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

gamesboro

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I wish someone had told me years ago how much fun Ninja Masters was, I'd've picked it up on MVS a loooong time ago.

I know what you mean! I had the same thing happen with 3 Count Bout. I'm going to track down a cart soon.

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
That's pretty awesome. They fucked me over, twice, and didn't send me anything. Didn't even slap me in the face with a snotty cock.

Sorry to hear they didn't do the same for you.
If it's any consolation, your replies always crack me up. :P

Anyone else notice the pad config glitch in kof 95?
I'm running into the same problem. It looks like it acts the same with the AES Bios in MAME/FBA on my PC. Since the NGX has the Neo Geo CD pad layout:

:C::D:
:A::B:

I wanted:

(Weak Punch) (Strong Punch)
(Weak Kick) (Strong Kick)

I played with different layouts until I got what I wanted. Here's what you have to put in to get it to work:

kof95-01-07-034737.png

From top to bottom you would expect it should read "CADB", but if you put it in like that you get:

(Strong Kick) (Weak Kick)
(Strong Punch) (Weak Punch)

Not really sure what the mix up is and why it's happening, but if you want a more "SF2-esque" layout on your NGX for KOF95 then just set it up like my screenshot and you'll be good to go!

carnicero27

Mega Shock!!
what are they waiting to talk about nex titles?
on facebook only i saw an stupid question "who has finished metal slug?"
that is not important!!! stupids..

i want they talk what games are they planing to release..

slerch666

updyke,
Sorry to hear they didn't do the same for you.
If it's any consolation, your replies always crack me up. :P
Glad you enjoy the responses. I'm not REALLY pissed off. ;)

The funny part is, I sent about 7 emails trying to explain why a PREORDER item isn't in stock, and I don't expect it to be in stock, and if they cancel an order I should receive some kind of notification of the cancellation. It was like masturbation... one sided and ultimately un-fulfilling. I just gave up.

jago

I Wish I livedIn Belgium,
You can still buy those NGPC games for around $3 ea with snap cases if you really want to make them look "right", but honestly if SNK doesn't get this right I'm not going to bother.
Printing your own insert in a box you have to buy separately just makes it more obvious you are buying a ROM on an SDcard. It breaks the illusion.

Nothing is final though, but if I had to bet I'd bet on hanging blister packs like in the NGX mockup pics.

For anyone that really wants it though, eBay has 'em..
Neo-GeoX_Mockup.jpg

spoonman, youre amazing. are you able to do a nice insert like that for ninja masters card? will be nice to fit in neo pocket snap lock case that we can find on ebay !
with custom holder inside off course. but i think neo pocket case with snk logo would be perfect for neo geo x games cards collecting!

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
spoonman, youre amazing. are you able to do a nice insert like that for ninja masters card? will be nice to fit in neo pocket snap lock case that we can find on ebay !
with custom holder inside off course. but i think neo pocket case with snk logo would be perfect for neo geo x games cards collecting!

Thanks, but Photoshop did all the work, I swear. :)

I thought about doing these, but honestly the video output is so bad currently that it didn't motivate me to want to continue with this idea.
Maybe if Tommo fixes it I might look into it again.

Tommo really should be doing this. It's just lazy to throw an sdcard on a piece of cardboard and expect collectors to properly package them.

Someone else posted a Ninja Master's game using the same style Neo-Geo Pocket case on the official NGX FB pages and I believe they deleted it.. So there ya go with Tommo's stance on this!
It looked very nice too.

If anyone wants to work on their own, feel free to use my Neo-Geo AES box scans.
SpooNMan's NEO·GEO Webpage (c) 1996-2013

Last edited:

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
If anyone wants to work on their own, feel free to use my Neo-Geo AES box scans.
Cool seeing the old receipt. I can't imagine paying that much for TPG, though :p Am I seeing a free memory card on there?

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
Cool seeing the old receipt. I can't imagine paying that much for TPG, though :p Am I seeing a free memory card on there?

Yep,
you are correct, and they threw in the memory card for free. It still works great to this day too.
Love my Neo-Geo AES. :)

I enjoyed TPG quite a lot so for me it was worth the money. In 1990 all we had for decent video golf was Arnold Palmer's Golf on the Gen and NES Golf.. So Top Player's Golf was
friggin' amazing compared to those. It still has some of the best music IMO. It's a shame it rarely gets added to these collections.

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
In 1990 all we had for decent video golf was Arnold Palmer's Golf on the Gen and NES Golf.. So Top Player's Golf was
friggin' amazing compared to those.
I almost disclaimed my post by saying that back then it was probably pretty amazing. I wasn't into golf games growing up, so I don't recall ever playing it then. NTM was what changed my mind and I've since bought both NTM and TPG for MVS. NTM easily gets played more, but I wouldn't say that TPG wasn't worth whatever I likely payed for it.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I still don't have my second stick. Story so far:

Ordered from TRU. Was cancelled without notification.

Ordered from Target. They waited a week, then cancelled.

Ordered from Gamestop. Was shipped next day, somehow got delivered to "DUANE" in Illinois. I am in North Carolina. Gamestop is sending another stick.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I still don't have my second stick. Story so far:

Ordered from TRU. Was cancelled without notification.

Ordered from Target. They waited a week, then cancelled.

Ordered from Gamestop. Was shipped next day, somehow got delivered to "DUANE" in Illinois. I am in North Carolina. Gamestop is sending another stick.

Tell them they messed up again when you get the stick and that you have been meaning to tell them you are currently staying in Florida and needed the stick shipped here.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
^Cool stuff. I guess Tommo can take their time with the release of their game cards then, lol!

Last edited:

pipes

^ And that's the way it should have come right out of the box.

carnicero27

Mega Shock!!

this is very bad. who is the stupid person that spends a lot of money in a machine to play unofficial games? if i buy neo geo x gold is to buy original release game cartridges.
if that roms are games from mame: punisher, street fighter 3, wonder three, snow bross, double dragon,etc... its fine. but not neo geo x gold games.

if tommo see that, they will not release games.

pipes

this is very bad. who is the stupid person that spends a lot of money in a machine to play unofficial games? if i buy neo geo x gold is to buy original release game cartridges.
if that roms are games from mame: punisher, street fighter 3, wonder three, snow bross, double dragon,etc... its fine. but not neo geo x gold games.

if tommo see that, they will not release games.

WTF are you talking about? There is nothing original about anything Tommo is going to release. It's all emulation. Whether you spend $20 (or whatever it's going to be) on one "original" Tommo release or you have the entire library on one card, the fact is you'll be playing the same shit. If you think this thing is the next Neo Geo AES, I'm sorry but you're mistaken.

Last edited:

carnicero27

Mega Shock!!
WTF are you talking about? There is nothing original about anything Tommo is going to release. It's all emulation. Whether you spend $20 (or whatever it's going to be) on one "original" Tommo release or you have the entire library on one card, the fact is you'll be playing the same shit. If you think this thing is the next Neo Geo AES, I'm sorry but you're mistaken.

i know this is an emulation, but i prefer buy the games in cartridge SD release by tommo.
i prefer people try to get working roms tittles i said.

pipes

i know this is an emulation, but i prefer buy the games in cartridge SD release by tommo.
i prefer people try to get working roms tittles i said.

If you want to spend a shit load and lug around 100+ SD cards that's cool. I just think I'd be pretty excited about this if I was a NGX owner.

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire
If you want to spend a shit load and lug around 100+ SD cards that's cool. I just think I'd be pretty excited about this if I was a NGX owner.

Why do people keep complaining about having to carry -their entire collection- of games with them? If I take my X on the go I'd have 20 built-in games and whatever's on the card that's inserted. It's not like you need to bring everything.

pipes

Why do people keep complaining about having to carry -their entire collection- of games with them? If I take my X on the go I'd have 20 built-in games and whatever's on the card that's inserted. It's not like you need to bring everything.

I guess carrying 100 SD cards isn't so bad actually, considering you have to take the docking station with you to charge it anyways.