Secret Santa 2012. email up. see first post for entry info.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
I thought I had receive my gift but it turned out to be the metal slug set from takara tommy...
Is there a chance to have some update on the package without loosing the ilusion of mistery in the sanctity of the SS?

aria

Former Moderator
I thought I had receive my gift but it turned out to be the metal slug set from takara tommy...
Is there a chance to have some update on the package without loosing the ilusion of mistery in the sanctity of the SS?

cdamm can be a good middle-man.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Wait...hold up....it's 1/25/13 and some members still have not received their SS gifts?

What the heck?

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
And maybe some of this...
jergens-lotion-deal.jpg

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

So, who from the group that joined up for 2012 SS didn't receive? I'm losing track here.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i want to get it straight.

people missing gifts:
Lonesage (china)
rarehere (shitty gifter)
n30_g30 (argentina).
cohaagen (did he receive? gifter ren has no idea)

anyone else missing gifts while im reaching out to gifters?

(pm out to cohaagen. i need to find my old SS list to take care of sage and n30)

Last edited:

aria

Former Moderator
i want to get it straight.

people missing gifts:
Lonesage (china)
rarehere (shitty gifter)
n30_g30 (argentina).
cohaagen (did he receive? gifter ren has no idea)

anyone else missing gifts while im reaching out to gifters?

(pm out to cohaagen. i need to find my old SS list to take care of sage and n30)

That odd because Cohaagen ran SS a few years ago.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Wow, CDamm was awesome enough to send a gift since my gifter was a dud.
He sent me a cd of a chicago blues/bluegrass kinda band called Devil in the Woodpile,
lots of popcorn, and a famicom game.

attachment.php

Cdamm, this cd really got me excited.
The music is great.
It reminded me of when I happened upon an earl scruggs and friends cd.
Friends being Steve Martin, Johnny Cash, Willie, and more folks.
Totally love it man.
You didn't have to send anything but you did.
I really appreciate it!

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Wow, CDamm was awesome enough to send a gift since my gifter was a dud.
He sent me a cd of a chicago blues/bluegrass kinda band called Devil in the Woodpile,
lots of popcorn, and a famicom game.

attachment.php

Cdamm, this cd really got me excited.
The music is great.
It reminded me of when I happened upon an earl scruggs and friends cd.
Friends being Steve Martin, Johnny Cash, Willie, and more folks.
Totally love it man.
You didn't have to send anything but you did.
I really appreciate it!

glad you got it, man. I used to see that band play live every tuesday at this bar/venue called 'the hideout'. no amplification. no mics. they are awesome. The bass player plays a broom handle attached to a washtub with a string- like a cartoon. 'whiskey headed blues' is a personal favorite of mine. If you want a good taste of local independent chicago music, i would check out most of the 'bloodshot records' catalogue. lots of cool stuff in there.

this was just a little experiment to see if my package would get there before your itunes card. :D

enjoy!

Last edited:

rarehero

20 Year Member
this was just a little experiment to see if my package would get there before your itunes card. :D

enjoy!

Hilarious.
I'm actually not holding my breath on that itunes card.
Anyways, these guys sound great.
thanks again.

rarehero

20 Year Member
For anyone who was curious.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks uncle charlie
:)

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
N30_G30_speed hasn't received his yet ;)

Also, I know I'll never get mine at this point, but I'd just like to know who my Secret Santa was and what he sent me, out of curiosity's sake. No hard feelings, part of me anticipated this anyway.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

Also, I know I'll never get mine at this point, but I'd just like to know who my Secret Santa was and what he sent me, out of curiosity's sake. No hard feelings, part of me anticipated this anyway.

lol bump

aria

Former Moderator
This is a little silly. Who's going on the black list for future parcipitation?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member

well shit.

i looked and i cant find my original draw.

i remember lone sages gifter was one of the canadians. i cant for the life of me rememver who n30g30's gifter was.

i feel terrible. maybe i need to send more bonus and very late christmas gifts out.

edit: holy shit. i had a sudden moment of clarity and boom. there was my original draw list.

ok-

lone sages gifter: Rade (from canada).
n30's gifter: Bokunya (from usa, offered to ship to s. america when asked where to ship)

(heh. thanks norm. perfect timing..)

Last edited:

aria

Former Moderator
lone sages gifter: Rade (from canada).
n30's gifter: Bokunya (from usa, offered to ship to s. america when asked where to ship)

Wow, both of those are unlikely bad actors--especially since Rade ran Secret Santa before. Both of the two people who didn't get gifts were in odd geographic locations--I do remember dealing with N30_G30_speed on a previous transaction and he warned me things sometimes don't arrive in Argentina. 'Sage's location is even more believable.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Wow, both of those are unlikely bad actors--especially since Rade ran Secret Santa before. Both of the two people who didn't get gifts were in odd geographic locations--I do remember dealing with N30_G30_speed on a previous transaction and he warned me things sometimes don't arrive in Argentina. 'Sage's location is even more believable.

yeah.

sage was very specific with how his addy needed to look and i passed on that info. I gave him a canadian because i figured it might get there with less problems than an american.

n30 i feel bad for because he has a notoriously bad postal system per his own description.

as far as bans for next year goes, im still only have one.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Yeah, I gave two ways of writing my address, in pinyin and hanzi. I figured the gifter would've just printed off the address and slapped it on.

What I asked for was pretty vague, something along the lines of 'anything that screams AMERICA'. Maybe as a Canadian, Rade didn't 'get' it and didn't know what to buy and just said fuck it? Eh.

Like I said before, getting the gift didn't matter, just glad I kinda-somewhat have some closure. Thanks for replying.

Whatever the case, though, it can't be assumed that Rade never sent the package, so I think I'll sit out any future SSs as long as I'm living here.

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Yeah, I gave two ways of writing my address, in pinyin and hanzi. I figured the gifter would've just printed off the address and slapped it on.

What I asked for was pretty vague, something along the lines of 'anything that screams AMERICA'. Maybe as a Canadian, Rade didn't 'get' it and didn't know what to buy and just said fuck it? Eh.

Like I said before, getting the gift didn't matter, just glad I kinda-somewhat have some closure. Thanks for replying.

Whatever the case, though, it can't be assumed that Rade never sent the package, so I think I'll sit out any future SSs as long as I'm living here.

Unless there's another Chinese member interested in playing.