Secret Santa 2012. email up. see first post for entry info.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah, I gave two ways of writing my address, in pinyin and hanzi. I figured the gifter would've just printed off the address and slapped it on.

What I asked for was pretty vague, something along the lines of 'anything that screams AMERICA'. Maybe as a Canadian, Rade didn't 'get' it and didn't know what to buy and just said fuck it? Eh.

Like I said before, getting the gift didn't matter, just glad I kinda-somewhat have some closure. Thanks for replying.

Whatever the case, though, it can't be assumed that Rade never sent the package, so I think I'll sit out any future SSs as long as I'm living here.

That's so strange. I was just talking to some guys about how Rade was my recipient the first time around, and how bummed I was that he didn't make a single response about my gift. Yeah, it wasn't anything that amazing. But it was something I figured would be really enjoyable for him. Maybe he already had it. I don't know. He never made a sound about it. One thing about Rade is that he's Ortodox Christian, and that the Orthodox Christians celebrate Christmas later. I thought it was 10 days after Dec 25, but it could be longer.

Either way, Rade gives the gift of sadness, whether you're his recipient or his gifter.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
yeah.

sage was very specific with how his addy needed to look and i passed on that info. I gave him a canadian because i figured it might get there with less problems than an american.

n30 i feel bad for because he has a notoriously bad postal system per his own description.

as far as bans for next year goes, im still only have one.

Wow... I thought this topic was well buried in the past.
It's kinda sad really, like Bobak said when I tried to ship some candy his way it was a huge problem due to some retard retrisctions regarding food shipping (mainly because everyone thinks you're covering up for drugs).
When it comes to receiving packages though, in my experience some items took 1 week, others (via SAL) took 4 months, except for one single item allegedly shipped by an user here -who shall remain unnamed- I received every single package I ever ordered.
Hell, I could be wrong but I think I've been part of 3 (may be just 2? and bobaks BBQ and Twinkies? :lolz: ) secret santa events and everytime I got my thingies.
So I'm putting my money on a simple error when writting down my address and thus the package never got delivered... the question is if the package was returned why not just send a PM and apologise? I'm not after a witch hunt or anything like that, just think that would be the polite thing to do.

Unless there's another Chinese member interested in playing.

I guess I'll have to leave the SS staff like Sage until I move someplace else as well :annoyed:
how I wish there was another user from Argentina </3 last I read Argentina94 moved to Canada :lolz:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Rade changed his name to Cohaagen, right? If so, I was his gifter, and even after a few PMs, I never heard back and haven'[t seen him around here since. I was pretty bummed about not even getting a response for confirmation of the gift; I put a lot of thought into the choices that went into that package. Well, all in all, it was still fun to participate, and my gifter was awesome :)

aria

Former Moderator
Rade appears to have a Twitter/FB/website that's easy to contact. We should all start pinging him or something.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Rade appears to have a Twitter/FB/website that's easy to contact. We should all start pinging him or something.

i sent him a friend request with a message a couple of days ago. i have not heard back yet.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
btw - technically, I am Rade's friend, on FB, and he hasn't been active there since last year.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Anyone who knows his real name should probably google that plus obituary.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member

Same w/ Ruell-he never came back to thank/complain/whatever about what I gifted him. Don't think he ever sent his gift to his giftee, either? (rare? Was it you?)

It's a shame, tho. I really thought I nailed his gift. Super fun to pick out, & personalize.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Same w/ Ruell-he never came back to thank/complain/whatever about what I gifted him. Don't think he ever sent his gift to his giftee, either? (rare? Was it you?)

It's a shame, tho. I really thought I nailed his gift. Super fun to pick out, & personalize.

ruell is banned from future secret santa activity because he scrooged out on rarehero. im sure your gift was lovely, jim.

aria

Former Moderator

Shit, Rade used to post under his full name.

His Twitter feed is active.

Is there some way we can start tweeting him? Maybe I can use the main NG.com account to tweet him.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
I talked a bit with Bokunya~ just wanted to say that he's ok in my book,
if I get a saying in all this, I'd rather not to have him banned from future SS events.