NeoGeoX Hacking and Mods

TurboRotary13b

Crossed Swords Squire
Yeah, last I tried to download them it was only the first 50 titles and a readme about paypal donations. Huh, I guess I'll finish mine up anyhow seeing as how my reflections are more accurate compared to the stock icons (the current complete set has the reflections at a different size, notice how the reflection for the next game in the menu fits on the screen... the stock ones are cut off). I've got other ideas as well... AES cases with reflections... MVS mini marquees with reflections... ect. Unless someone has a complete set of those, in which case point me to 'em!

There is none of that in the link to the icons I posted..

neogeohu

The Ultimate 11
There are many versions from X?
Only these two (337, 370)?

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I'm sorry, wrong post.
Please change your response post.
Thanks

Hi Neogeohu....

There's no need for James to change the post... no one will remember it... it's not important...

Asking people to change posts is silly...

xROTx

neogeohu

The Ultimate 11
Hi Neogeohu....

There's no need for James to change the post... no one will remember it... it's not important...

Asking people to change posts is silly...

xROTx
My entry for breach of the website rules.
Sorry.
This question is really of interest to me:
"There are many versions from X?
These Only two (337, 370)? '

aurelios69

n00b
This is really an expensive junk, mine is like this:
20130130_213623.jpg

jrronimo

n00b
These are the only two I've heard of.

I believe there was talk of a 3rd revision early-on... like 357 or 350-something. But no-one's come forward with one that I can remember, and certainly no-one's mentioned specific differences in one.

xarcade

Quiz Detective
I really don't like the low-quality screen they used for the NGX.

aurelios69, how many hours total have you played the NGX before that line appeared?

Neo*Geo*Ordo

New Challenger
Maybe not even 1 hour, since i've lost most of my free time building the modded sd card :)
So the line appeared (1 hour) AFTER you shoved a tight fitting ghetto-wired SD card into your unit? I don't know if you can really blame Tommo for that. BTW the NGX's screen looks fantastic when using Ack's LCD mod (1:1 pixel ratio)... which proves that the screens are fine... it's the emulator's smoothing/stretching that is making the picture look so starchy. Hard to capture how nice it looks with pixel perfect resolution... it is much smaller but super clean & crisp.
DSC03799.jpg

Last edited:

Kensirou

n00b
So the line appeared (1 hour) AFTER you shoved a tight fitting ghetto-wired SD card into your unit? I don't know if you can really blame Tommo for that. BTW the NGX's screen looks fantastic when using Ack's LCD mod (1:1 pixel ratio)... which proves that the screens are fine... it's the emulator's smoothing/stretching that is making the picture look so starchy. Hard to capture how nice it looks with pixel perfect resolution... it is much smaller but super clean & crisp.
Impressive! What version of ngx do u own? 337?

aurelios69

n00b
After all, the modded sd card was used 90% of the time, i've only played a few minutes on the day that I received the console, and the sd card was used since then.

Neo*Geo*Ordo

New Challenger
Yeah, 337. Aurelios69, if I were you I would open her up and check that the ribbon cable for the LCD is fully inserted... I've seen the same line crap on psps which had wonky ribbon cable connections.

Last edited:

aurelios69

n00b
Thanks for the suggestion, but that was the first thing that i've done, after seeing this issue, I've also sent an email to the store where I bought.

Superdanx

Goal! Goal! Goal!
10 Year Member
I really don't like the low-quality screen they used for the NGX.

aurelios69, how many hours total have you played the NGX before that line appeared?

This is one of the biggest NGX myths. The screen is fine, exactly the same resolution as the original psp.