The all new 'What's it worth' thread

corebass420

Crossed Swords Squire
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
A good way to get a head start in a new place is to list your feedback from other sites, like eBay, Amazon and other forums.

If you have no prior selling experience (or buying experience), yeah you'll have to agree to ship first with established members, people who have been here for a few years and/or have significant feedback and have thus proved they're at least somewhat trustworthy.

I don't know. The way I see it, there is a 25% chance that I'm just going to be ripped off. Ebay is pretty safe.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Is Last Hope on the Neo CD actually worth a lot of money or is it retards on ebay? There are a couple of completed auctions for $135 and $150.

I'm just curious, I bought the game directly from NG: Dev for a not ridiculous price.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I don't know. The way I see it, there is a 25% chance that I'm just going to be ripped off. Ebay is pretty safe.

Anyone who's been a member here for more than a few years and has good feedback is not going to fuck you over. We don't fuck around here. If anyone tries to rip anyone off they'll get torn a new one. I feel WAY safer buying/selling here than on eBay.

That said your idea of making a couple purchases first is not a bad one at all.

Just don't sell shit on e-bay that you bought here, that kinda thing results in a swift shanking.

TLH

Zero's Secretary
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Good show this thread has actually lasted much longer than anticipated. When are they going to revamp the outdated price lists. Or are they outdated? Seems like prices on ebay are way higher than the suggested price guide. What is this stuff really worth? Answer what someone is willing to pay for it. I can't tell you how many times I have kicked myself for selling rare AES carts only to regret it later.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I'm down to sell them here but, with only a handful of posts and zero feedback, I don't think it will go too well. I should probably buy some games from here before I get into selling.

So I Pm this guy with an offer on Metal Slug 2 MVS and this is the response he gives me haha, please buddy go take your stuff to ebay...

corebass420 said:
Ninjainspandex said:
heya! kind of new here myself but I actually just made a post looking for both metal slug 2 and 5 ;) http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?246961-Looking-for-Metal-Slug-2-and-Metal-Slug-5 maybe we could work out a deal? I'm looking to get it under $40 so how does $35 (I live in Wisconsin actually so you would just be shipping it over Lake Michigan haha) I have tons of feedback on Racketboy.com and Shmups.com and ebay 100% positive all the same name (Ninjainspandex). Now lets discuss the cart, have you tested it? can you provide me with pictures? preferably with your name written on a piece of paper next to the cart and perhaps a picture of it in action? If this deal goes well we will both be able to provide each other with feedback here :)

Clifton

Go fuck yourself, Skullz.

Last edited:

corebass420

Crossed Swords Squire
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So I Pm this guy with an offer and this is the response he gives me haha, please buddy go take your stuff to ebay...

You have 7 posts. Zero feedback. Why would I sell to you?
The message is addressed to someone named Skullz. If you are not Skullz, then I wasn't talking to you.

Last edited:

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I have feedback on other sites and people here who will vouch for me can you not read? You could of been polite and apologized for sending the wrong message to me, clearly you need to work on your social skills a bit before you start selling.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
412   0   0
You have 7 posts. Zero feedback. Why would I sell to you?
The message is addressed to someone named Skullz. If you are not Skullz, then I wasn't talking to you.

You have 22 posts and zero feedback.

Pot calling the kettle black.

corebass420

Crossed Swords Squire
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
You have 22 posts and zero feedback.

Pot calling the kettle black.

After my interactions with the people on this forum, I doubt I would ever want to sell on here. The people on here have done nothing but attack me.

And if I wanted feedback, I would do it by buying games from members that have over 50 or 75 feed back and a thousand posts, like you. Yet, you are just another one of the attackers.

When 50% of the replies to my very first post on this forum were people accusing me of buying from the site and selling on Ebay, it doesn't bode to well for my confidence in buying, selling, or trading here. It was my VERY FIRST thread! How could I have bought, sold, or traded anything before that?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
412   0   0
After my interactions with the people on this forum, I doubt I would ever want to sell on here. The people on here have done nothing but attack me.

And if I wanted feedback, I would do it by buying games from members that have over 50 or 75 feed back and a thousand posts, like you. Yet, you are just another one of the attackers.

When 50% of the replies to my very first post on this forum were people accusing me of buying from the site and selling on Ebay, it doesn't bode to well for my confidence in buying, selling, or trading here. It was my VERY FIRST thread! How could I have bought, sold, or traded anything before that?

Don't go and get all mental on me dude. I'm not attacking...just pointing out you don't have any feedback on here either. Kinda silly for you to be calling out people with few posts and no feedback when you are in the same boat.

corebass420

Crossed Swords Squire
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Don't go and get all mental on me dude. I'm not attacking...just pointing out you don't have any feedback on here either. Kinda silly for you to be calling out people with few posts and no feedback when you are in the same boat.

I'm also not asking anyone to buy my games or sell them to me.

corebass420

Crossed Swords Squire
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
people do nothing but attack you? I made you a friendly offer and you told me to go fuck myself haha!

Look, dude, if you are not Skullz or some other stalker freak like him, then I am truly sorry.

That said, I don't think it would be a good Idea for me to sell to someone with no feedback. I don't have any myself. I WAS going to try to buy some games from a reputable member but, I think I'm done with this forum after today.

corebass420

Crossed Swords Squire
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Then why the fuck are you posting in the Marketplace?

To find out how much they are worth. Did you see somewhere that I posted something saying, "For trade, blah blah games." No, I only asked how much they go for. What I did say is, I'm down to sell them but I don't have any feedback and I'm not too sure I can even trust anyone on here anyway.

What is it with the failure in comprehension?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
412   0   0
To find out how much they are worth. Did you see somewhere that I posted something saying, "For trade, blah blah games." No, I only asked how much they go for. What I did say is, I'm down to sell them but I don't have any feedback and I'm not too sure I can even trust anyone on here anyway.

What is it with the failure in comprehension?

You trying to figure out how much you can flip them on ebay for?

Fucking typical.

corebass420

Crossed Swords Squire
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
You trying to figure out how much you can flip them on ebay for?

Fucking typical.

Like I said, people on here just attack without thinking. My games were already posted on Ebay before I made my first thread. Then I got accused of trying to flip games that I bought on this forum. You still following? Then someone said my games that were listed in an auction with a starting price of $20 dollars were gouging people. An auction , that starts at $20, is gouging? I know I'm repeating myself but, people on here are slow. So then I posted in the what's it worth thread asking how much they go for.

Do you understand now? Or do I have to repeat my self again like a teacher to kids who won't listen?

I wasn't flipping anything.

The only thing typical here is you being an asshole to me like most of your other members.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
412   0   0
Like I said, people on here just attack without thinking. My games were already posted on Ebay before I made my first thread. Then I got accused of trying to flip games that I bought on this forum. You still following? Then someone said my games that were listed in an auction with a starting price of $20 dollars were gouging people. An auction , that starts at $20, is gouging? I know I'm repeating myself but, people on here are slow. So then I posted in the what's it worth thread asking how much they go for.

Do you understand now? Or do I have to repeat my self again like a teacher to kids who won't listen?

The only thing typical here is you being an asshole to me like most of your other members.

You say that like anyone here cares.

You're probably just another fake account for some flipper that was banned from here before.

This community is jaded because pricks like you come along thinking you are hot shit.

This is a very tight-knit community. If you don't fit in from the very beginning, your ass will get bounced out.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0

Just be patient. There are some great peeps on here. They're just wary of noobs and rightfully so due to the nature of the market. It isn't personal.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Rating - 100%
135   0   0

You had 10 auctions .. the lowest starting at 80$ ..for a game that can be bought here for about 20$. When you got caught you removed all the auctions ... and re-posted those that can be seen now. Don't make idiots out of us please. Just quit the trash talk. Pack your crappy attitude and bag with insults and relocate.