These were tough to find. MD Geist 1 & 2 on LD

MDGeist1_Small_zps390b00c4.jpg~original

MDGeist2_Small_zpsa1bbe239.jpg~original

Last edited:

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
uM6uGtz.jpg

Picked these up today, still factory sealed. I just figured I'd snap a quick pic before I sent them out to get VGA Graded.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
uM6uGtz.jpg

Picked these up today, still factory sealed. I just figured I'd snap a quick pic before I sent them out to get VGA Graded.

Oh damn, look at that minty bag too. Do not see too many in that condition!

tenkenryu

n00b
Im new just bought my first 4 slot big red but the mother board is dead so Its got a 1 slot in it i just replaced the buttons and sticks with seimitsu ls40 IMAG0315.jpg

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Finally got an MPC. I've wanted one of these for years. Still learning the functions and need a lot of practice.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Dude, bad ass.

Can you do something with Tetris?

I recorded my own NES and chopped the samples myself on the MPC for that video. I was really just learning how to record input and assign samples to pads, etc., and ended up with something cool.

It shouldn't be too hard to pop in a tetris cart and sample that too. If I do I'll certainly post it.

I'm looking forward to sampling some test modes on the NAOMI. Zero gunner 2 and plenty of other games have a nice sound test mode that I can use to grab some samples.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I'm looking forward to sampling some test modes on the NAOMI. Zero gunner 2 and plenty of other games have a nice sound test mode that I can use to grab some samples.

Cool stuff M8, please share the Naomi tests when you're done.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Figured I would go all out on the last limited released for FF on the PS3

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
I was no longer able to resist the temptation of the Framemeister, and today a package arrived from Japan.
EtTtcVV.jpg

I'm especially impressed with how it handles sources that have non square pixels, such as NES & SNES. The image scaling has the 3 following traits that make it perfect.

1.) Sharp image. None of that bilinear filtering blur.
2.) Pixels are all equal size. No alternating pixel sizes that result in super jagged image.
3.) Proper aspect ratio.

Everything else I've tried (both emulators and scalers) can't do all this. It was always just two out of those three traits. I've never seen NES & SNES look this good on an LCD HDTV, even with emulators. I've seen really high quality Neo Geo and Genesis scaling on emulators, because they have square (or close enough to square) pixels. Of course, they look amazing on the Framemeister too.

edit: In addition to the high quality scaling, the scanlines are another big feature on the Framemeister. Unfortunately, unlike the scaling, the scanlines don't always look great on every TV. The Framemeister outputs its best quality scanlines at 720p, so the quality of your scanlines is very dependent on how well your TV scales a 720p image. Luckily for me, my gaming TV handles the 720p output perfectly, with nice even scanlines. However, on a couple other TVs I tested, the 720p output wasn't scaled as evenly, so the scanlines looked terrible.

In the worst case scenario, you would have to settle for scanlines at 1080p. The Framemeister's scanlines at 1080p don't look as nice because they're too thin. However, it's still better than poorly scaled 720p scanlines.

Last edited:

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
For scaling 240p material, the Framemeister is much better than the DVDO Edge. The scaling on the Framemeister is both sharper and cleaner. On top of that, the scanlines look awesome.

I don't use them both at the same time. Unlike the XRGB-3, the Framemeister doesn't need any help from a second video processor.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
latest arrivals... some more dreamcast love and couple of carts...

IMAG0696_zpsdb504c13.jpg

thanks shadowkn55 for the carts :)