Post Your Recent Purchases!

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
I grabbed a random $5 pce game the other day just to test the card slot. Now to figure out this CD-R business so I can make sure the CD drive works..

TurboCD games are still cheap, just get one you want, if it doesn't work with a CD-R you won't really know if its the cd-r or the drive.

Do you have friends nearby with a cd game you can just put in and see if it works?

there's so many games on the PS1 I overlooked when they came out... still find new stuff for that console.
(Yes, never heard of Tenchu 2.)

If you look at my collection gallery, I focused heavily on RPGs for PS1 when it was out; so there's a fuck ton of stuff I know is out there that I should get.
A lot of good games can still be had for cheap. Which is somewhat surprising considering you can still play PS1 games on the PS3. I still think Sony dropping PS1 disc support from PS4 was a mistake.

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
TurboCD games are still cheap, just get one you want, if it doesn't work with a CD-R you won't really know if its the cd-r or the drive.

Do you have friends nearby with a cd game you can just put in and see if it works?

That's true. Just grab a cheapie game to test the drive with.

Newsdee

Rugal's Thug
look what arrived today. :D

I grabbed a random $5 pce game the other day just to test the card slot. Now to figure out this CD-R business so I can make sure the CD drive works..

I love my Duo-R... I never got into PC Engine as a kid so had a lot of fun getting HuCards which do not take much space to collect. Some card games are getting crazy prices these days; though. I should have got into it earlier

lions3

Igniz's Servent
DUO-R won't even read music CDs. Urghh.. Do I try to fix or ask for refund?

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Replacement laser costs about $20.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOP-M3-Orig...hash=item19cf0e3d2c:m:mOuL3rZJ0moBnKAm_6XbM7g

That's of course assuming it's the laser itself, which is very common.

Nah, it's worse than that I think. It'll make a small whine noise followed by ticking. Plus if I just spin the disc in the tray it sounds like it's rubbing. I made a video and plan to contact the seller to see what they want to do.

EDIT: System is working now. Turns out the plastic guard for the laser had come loose and was blocking the CD from spinning. Mischief managed.

Last edited:

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Picked this lot up over the last 2-3 weeks, i'm still a massive sega megadrive fanboy as you can see, i'll be after shinobi 3, and el viento next, holy grail for me would probably be the battle mania games, i love me some vic tokai.

IMG_20160130_184912630.jpgIMG_20160130_184953313.jpg

the saturn shooters i picked up cheap but i paid quite a bit for the 2 neo cd games (about £90), i got neo turf masters on cd coming as well, paid £70 for that which i thought was a good price.

Last edited:

shinhed

Posting is overrated, ,
These came in the mail today...

20160130_165708.jpg

Can't play with them until i'm done switching out my alternator:\

#grownupblues

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
IKEA candy cab stools:
a066beec17caa2d0aa9e7b2250671804.jpg

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Haven't posted for a while (I almost forgot about it until madman reminds me)
- got my third copy of MS2 & MSX. Another copy of MS3 is on the way.
- brothers reunion of Dynamite Headdy ( minty condition)
- Odin Sphere PS4 with art book

image.jpeg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Picked this lot up over the last 2-3 weeks, i'm still a massive sega megadrive fanboy as you can see, i'll be after shinobi 3, and el viento next, holy grail for me would probably be the battle mania games, i love me some vic tokai.

View attachment 32498View attachment 32499

the saturn shooters i picked up cheap but i paid quite a bit for the 2 neo cd games (about £90), i got neo turf masters on cd coming as well, paid £70 for that which i thought was a good price.

Very Nice MD gets. That's a pricey lot.