Post Your Recent Purchases!

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I always thought these were nice little compact units, decided to pick one up on the last run:
IMG_0983.jpg

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Had quite the GameStop run this past weekend:

View attachment 32646
:( I think you paid too much for Last Story, at least in terms of playing value. The game is mediocre.

Sin & Punishment is awesome. Best Buy was selling brand new copies for $4.99 for quite a while.
Agreed. snes collector, if you haven't hunt down the Umbrella Chronicles shooters as well.

I have heard good things about MadWorld.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Thanks for recommendation, I did not know there was a RE rail shooter. I will keep an eye out in my hunting.

I am hoping Last Story will be good, I have heard generally good things. I'd like to play all 3 games in that series/trilogy eventually.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Thanks for recommendation, I did not know there was a RE rail shooter. I will keep an eye out in my hunting.

I am hoping Last Story will be good, I have heard generally good things. I'd like to play all 3 games in that series/trilogy eventually.

Pandora's Tower IMHO is the best of the lot. If you see it under $40, grab it. In regards to the RE Shooters, there are two.

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, and Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles. They're rail shooters that take you through a summary of the games up to Code Veronica I think.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Last story is nice, it tells a nice story in a short period of time, unlike xenoblade which takes forever.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Last story is nice, it tells a nice story in a short period of time, unlike xenoblade which takes forever.

Both have that problem of being an Action RPG with AI Buddies, you might think Secret of Mana does that, but SoM managed to get it right, every other pretender fucks it up in some way.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Both have that problem of being an Action RPG with AI Buddies, you might think Secret of Mana does that, but SoM managed to get it right, every other pretender fucks it up in some way.

you have been here for 3 months now. you already have 1/3 my total posts. slow the fuck down, and change your dumb ass avatar.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
you have been here for 3 months now. you already have 1/3 my total posts. slow the fuck down, and change your dumb ass avatar.

The latter part is the most important. What's next a Roseanne avatar?

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member

Secret of Mana didn't get it right the AI in that game is terrible.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Resident Evil Revelations 2 has local Co-op but OMG is it dumb for the second player, it's just not great but at least you can do it.

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object

Yeah, I can't count the number of times those guys got stuck behind some stairs or a small obstacle. What SoM did right though was giving the player quick access to their allies' abilities. Maybe bloodycelt mistook that for good AI :lolz:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Nice, I've been thinking of getting one but I heard everyone rave about #2, haven't heard much about #3, give us the scoop when you can.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Nice, I've been thinking of getting one but I heard everyone rave about #2, haven't heard much about #3, give us the scoop when you can.

Yeah I really got this out of curiosity; I already have a mini, but I've been reading more about the 2, 2+ and 3. The 3 in B1 mode is supposed to have like 1ms of lag or something on par w/the 2. Ordered it Wednesday from Solaris and it just came this morning. I just need to see if I have a 1/8" stereo cable laying around so I can get audio out of this thing. I'm still a little skeptical on this whole lag thing so it'll be an interesting experiment.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
^this, and hit-detection. These two things are atrocious in SoM. I still love the game to death though (I replay it at least once a year), despite it's blatant flaws.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
These top two are now mine. I found them listed wrong and got a killer deal on both.. The bottom two are ones I own, but they are all sequence mates.

500 x 2 (1).jpg 500 x 2 (2).jpg

KrauserYoungA1.JPGKrauserYoungA6.JPG

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
^this, and hit-detection. These two things are atrocious in SoM. I still love the game to death though (I replay it at least once a year), despite it's blatant flaws.

What SoM did right though was giving the player quick access to their allies' abilities. Maybe bloodycelt mistook that for good AI :lolz:

Not saying it had good AI, just saying SoM handled it right, by not letting it get in the way, and letting friends take control of the AI characters.

violentluke

New Challenger
picked these up in the last few weeks getting ready for my Omega to arrive, can't wait as it will be my first venture into the neo geo side of gaming.
OknLqi2.jpg

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
picked these up in the last few weeks getting ready for my Omega to arrive, can't wait as it will be my first venture into the neo geo side of gaming.
OknLqi2.jpg

that is a pretty impressive collection to start off with. i wish you luck on your collecting and welcome to the forums.

violentluke

New Challenger
thank you for the kind words.
Still learning the ropes around this forum, as it seems to differ quite a lot from other forums im accustomed too.