TONK TOOK 5000 USD TO SELL THE FAKE AEROFIGHTERS 3 US ( REPORT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
To Wazabi : I have sold my US collection because I was tired and I need money to buy a sculpture .
To tacker : tell me where have I said I was one of the 4 biggest neo collector and show us how much you 've paid the game .Maybe the price will be ridiculous compared to 20 KUSD .
To Tonk : David has always been there ,he refund me and I always had a good communication with him .
I will stop to say you are a liar and scammer as soon as you will sent my 5000 usd for an association against cancer . I swear I will forget all the AF3 story and I will have respect for you .
Regards ,
Fred.

chamane, it's my understanding that you paid $30,000, not $20,000. And it's my understanding that your problem was that you paid more than others, that you were butt hurt because of that. SO you ended up liquidating over $50,000 in 2 carts you sold, and I don't know how much you sold the rest, but whatever the case, you now have a sculpture (that you can't play with, that you didn't spend 10+ years of your life collecting and hunting down). You must be so proud.

Lee Gray

Better Than Krauser
20 Year Member
As long as he is happy with the sculpture then thats all that matters.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Paying tens of thousands for something that is basically worth $50 shipped can hardly make you proud... but any victim of a scandal like this should not be mocked IMO... Still... a sculpture? One has to wonder what kind of a sculpture and why. But I guess each to his own and some people like sculptures. :)

Last edited:

chamane

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
chamane, it's my understanding that you paid $30,000, not $20,000. And it's my understanding that your problem was that you paid more than others, that you were butt hurt because of that. SO you ended up liquidating over $50,000 in 2 carts you sold, and I don't know how much you sold the rest, but whatever the case, you now have a sculpture (that you can't play with, that you didn't spend 10+ years of your life collecting and hunting down). You must be so proud.

i was just tired of people like you and your friends, just claiming the game was real, believing all this BS. so what ? Is the game real? no
that's it.
DavidG refunded me, not Tonk.
whatever.

aria

Former Moderator
Brandi did not offer comparable pictures. Why would he, unless they could corroborate the story that chamane has presented?

Well, he did provide this earlier in the thread, same stamping issues on the fire:

My copy on my office desk

BD3lmB7.jpg

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Paying tens of thousands for something that is basically worth $50 shipped can hardly make you proud... but any victim of a scandal like this should not be mocked IMO... Still... a sculpture? One has to wonder what kind of a sculpture and why. But I guess each to his own and some people like sculptures. :)

Dude, I wasn't the one making up stupid names for anyone who criticized his approach. It's really hard to see chamane as a victim here. He went into the deal knowing 120% that it could be fake, and still let his money, his hard earned lumber dollars, pass hands. And then he waited. And he waited. Then, over a month later, or 2 months later - let's just agree months later, he comes out with zero evidence and says the carts are fake. He waited 6 months to produce a shred of evidence. And even that is marred in photoshopping skills with ridiculous matrixing apparent in all DavidG pictures.

Well, guess what? I could have told you the carts were fake a long time ago.

You don't drive to New York Chinatown, buy a Gucci bag, and then complain that it's fake. I don't care how many sculptures you want to buy. chamane bought a game that was unique, and he knew it. The images he posted don't do any justice to what he paid for. And you know, that also strikes me as disingenuous. Why can't he take decent, accurate pictures of the game he bought from Tonk?

I am glad chamane is out of the scene. I am glad he moved on. His behavior in this thread, with the shady report he put together, like some Foxnews intern, the death threat he made in the thread a few days ago (which I removed), and his insistence on insulting everyone who questions him, make him EXACTLY the same as Tonk, who he has been vilifying (except Tonk hasn't done half of the bad things in this thread that chamane has).

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
i was just tired of people like you and your friends, just claiming the game was real, believing all this BS. so what ? Is the game real? no
that's it.
DavidG refunded me, not Tonk.
whatever.
so chamane is out the $5000 that was TonKs "fee"?

is this actionable?

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Not to drag things off topic too much..

I don't see anything wrong with spending that kind of cash on a work of art. Mind you I can't afford to do that but still there at least to me is a value in having a work of art that moves you in some way. If I were a man of greater means I would very much have myself some things I enjoy looking at. At the moment my only work of art is a really cool painting of Unicron that cost me about 20 bucks.

But actually I think it would be pretty cool to see a picture of the sculpture.

aria

Former Moderator
Those who bought the game before I published my written report specifically requested that non watermarked pics and pics of the manual inside NOT be posted because of future counterfeiting fears... In fact they were pissed when I uploaded as many images as I did...

Hah, I remember that. Was a bit of a Catch 22 with the fear of European boots, etc--and here the great enemy apparently lay north of us all along.

The scans of DavidG af3 posted in this thread are so shitty people... They are not representative of the actual item. If they were, yes, you'd have to be insane to think the game was real.

Still, Brandi's copy --photographed on his desk in not the highest quality--does show the stamping issues on the cover art.

Well by calling the buyers stupid, you get the attention off of the real culprits in this case.

The people who are doing so are acting rather scummy, IMO. :oh_no:

aria

Former Moderator
Not to drag things off topic too much..

I don't see anything wrong with spending that kind of cash on a work of art. Mind you I can't afford to do that but still there at least to me is a value in having a work of art that moves you in some way. If I were a man of greater means I would very much have myself some things I enjoy looking at. At the moment my only work of art is a really cool painting of Unicron that cost me about 20 bucks.

But actually I think it would be pretty cool to see a picture of the sculpture.

Totally agreed. I want to see it now, too.

Hell, I've spent ridiculous sums on things (not in the 10s of thousands, but still a lot) for things that others would consider silly--but they're my tastes. I considering paying more than retail for Neo games to be silly, and still have never done so, but I accept those people might not drop the amounts on some of the things I like and think I'm crazy. C'est la vie.

But yeah, chamane: I totally enjoy art, I'd love to see a photo if you had time.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Well, he did provide this earlier in the thread, same stamping:

SonicWings3-J.jpg

from mouse master

I'm posting that so that you see where the grafting would occur and why. But you also see that a lot more of the image is apparent in the US version. A lot more of the fire. And no one is talking about that. No one is trying to piece together where that came from.

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
2. I was offered the game at a low price after my report was done. I leaned hard on mike to get a good price because I'm cheap. Mike is the type who wants to help out his friends and that is what happened. It didn't even occur to me at the time that there would be a perception of favoritism since I was then 100% sure the games were real. I shouldn't have done it, it was my mistake and I apologized 6 months ago for it.

4. I paid thousands of dollars of my money for this game. Yes it was substantially less than others paid, even Billy. But I still paid it. It was my money. The exact amount is my personal business and that's it.

This is not an attack against you John, I just wanted to quote your words so that my reply is in context:

Why would someone (David/Tonk) that has a monopoly on the handful of copies of the 'oddest' English home cart ever discovered be willing to sell them for such a wild variance in price? That is very questionable and illustrates the idea that the culprits wanted to reap as much as possible for the goods as quickly as possible. If someone was to find a carton of legitimate English AES Ultimate 11s, there would be no incentive to rush a sale and move them as quickly. You would request top dollar as the demand is there and the market knows the supply is very very finite. You & Billy paying a fraction of what 8Man/Wolf/Chamane (and possibly Brandi) did is a huge red flag. If the duo knew without chance that the game was authentic (as David proclaims), then he could have commanded an even higher premium for the last two or three copies still in his possession. Again, this bolsters my idea that the sellers had an overall $$$ goal which was obtained by the first few buyers, so the last couple copies sold were all gravy. The discount was then granted as a way of saying thanks for helping us reach our objective/goal.

While you & Mike are friends (in whatever sense; not questioning that), I can't comprehend how that would justify such a grand reduction in price via a middleman asking the source/supplier to do his buddy a solid IF the game was a genuine item.....

"Hey, my friend (that wrote a gleaming article on your game which helped you generate six figures) is interested in a copy. How about you discount the game by 75%?"

Why would the seller be willing to take such a hit on the game when he could get tens of thousands of dollars for it? He wouldn't. Also, why would the seller be willing to give one away, free of chage, to the middleman? Again, this could potentially line his pockets with another $30K. So, now we are down, say roughly $50K from what David *could* have earned (~ $20K from Geddon's & ~ $30K from Tonk's); I'm not even factoring Billy's cart into the equation.

By keeping a tight lid on each cart's selling price (again, not evening mentioning the PS2 release), it keeps things foggy.

In closing, I'm not attacking you or questioning your motives. I enjoyed reading your synopsis of your examination and feel you did your best with sharing your findings.

Last edited:

chamane

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Dude, I wasn't the one making up stupid names for anyone who criticized his approach. It's really hard to see chamane as a victim here. He went into the deal knowing 120% that it could be fake, and still let his money, his hard earned lumber dollars, pass hands. And then he waited. And he waited. Then, over a month later, or 2 months later - let's just agree months later, he comes out with zero evidence and says the carts are fake. He waited 6 months to produce a shred of evidence. And even that is marred in photoshopping skills with ridiculous matrixing apparent in all DavidG pictures.

Well, guess what? I could have told you the carts were fake a long time ago.

You don't drive to New York Chinatown, buy a Gucci bag, and then complain that it's fake. I don't care how many sculptures you want to buy. chamane bought a game that was unique, and he knew it. The images he posted don't do any justice to what he paid for. And you know, that also strikes me as disingenuous. Why can't he take decent, accurate pictures of the game he bought from Tonk?

I am glad chamane is out of the scene. I am glad he moved on. His behavior in this thread, with the shady report he put together, like some Foxnews intern, the death threat he made in the thread a few days ago (which I removed), and his insistence on insulting everyone who questions him, make him EXACTLY the same as Tonk, who he has been vilifying (except Tonk hasn't done half of the bad things in this thread that chamane has).

You make me sick.
At the time I withdrawed 25000USD, It was not like going to Chinatown buying a bag for 300$ and then complaning it was a fake.

It was giving money based on information provided by GeddonJt, Tonk and Supergun. So in a more accurate way, it was going to a super chic private shop who since 15 years had the most cool expensive bags, and buy an exclusive one. Then understanding it was a fake.

Please come back to school, to

There is no way to justify this entire fucking story, and if I was not there, yes, these people could still invent themselves a little story about how I could explain that there were

These pictures are just in front of your face. Enjoy this fake, Xander.
Enjoy the fact all your so-called friends are just thives, accomplices of a 100K$ rip off.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
You make me sick.
At the time I withdrawed 25000USD, It was not like going to Chinatown buying a bag for 300$ and then complaning it was a fake.

It was giving money based on information provided by GeddonJt, Tonk and Supergun. So in a more accurate way, it was going to a super chic private shop who since 15 years had the most cool expensive bags, and buy an exclusive one. Then understanding it was a fake.

There is no way to justify this entire fucking story, and if I was not there, yes, these people could still invent themselves a little story about how I could explain that there were

Enjoy the fact all your so-called friends are just thives, accomplices of a 100K$ rip off.

Yea, but the super chic bag store told you the bags might be fake. Stop making it sound like you didn't know it was a gamble. Brandi has willingly admitted it. Unless you are stating no one told you the game was not guaranteed to be 100% real which in that case I'd start post e-mails proving that because all evidence suggests the cards were on the table.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Well by calling the buyers stupid, you get the attention off of the real culprits in this case.

Never called the buyers stupid, but if it can be implied from what I said then who's fault is that? :P

Ever hear of a loupe test? Loupes are cheap, Af3 carts are not.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Totally agreed. I want to see it now, too.

Hell, I've spent ridiculous sums on things (not in the 10s of thousands, but still a lot) for things that others would consider silly--but they're my tastes. I considering paying more than retail for Neo games to be silly, and still have never done so, but I accept those people might not drop the amounts on some of the things I like and think I'm crazy. C'est la vie.

But yeah, chamane: I totally enjoy art, I'd love to see a photo if you had time.

I think we've all spent money on ridiculous things, the amount of money is subjective. This is a video game collectors forum. :} Most of my friends who aren't in the hobby think it's ridiculous for me to spend $50 bucks on an arcade game they can play for free on MAME.

By keeping a tight lid on each cart's selling price (again, not evening mentioning the PS2 release), it keeps things foggy.

I feel the same way. I share Kenny's sentiment and can't fathom why DavidG would give up 50K in possible earnings if the carts were legit. Knowing what each cart sold for would help illustrate DavidG's motive in this whole scheme.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You make me sick.

I make you sick? Geddon didn't ask you to buy the game. Neither did Billy. They didn't make a contract with you, and unless Tonk tried to drag them into the deal, I doubt they knew you were even a buyer until you bought the game. No one twisted your arm, no one forced you to complete the transaction. And yet, from the very start, you had respected members in the community saying the game was obviously fake. You gambled.

What high end carts was Tonk known for brokering? like 5 Metal Slug 1s that he bought on impulse through the years? Since when was Tonk the Louis Vuitton of Neo-Geo sellers?

Step back and ask yourself if you were ever being reasonable in this deal.

I can assure you, you could have conducted your expose more effectively without the doctored pictures, insults, and threats.

Lee Gray

Better Than Krauser
20 Year Member
The fact that someone sells something for someone for a juicy cut stating they might be fake in the first place is a bit off.
Especially with the amount of money involved, its a good get out clause though if things go tits up.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy

I´m sure I saw another photo thread from him a lot earlier than this thread. I was wondering why he didnt bump that thread and instead made a new one. Probably because he wanted to focus on tonk.

Also, it is common that crime victims don´t usually cry foul immediately. Especially when it is kind of humiliating or they don´t want to admit to being fooled or used. Sometimes victims of conmen and various kinds of abuse take even years before they even talk about it. Even in this case we have seen several buyers remain silent for long periods. That is exactly why being a conman can be very profitable. Sometimes the victims just swallow.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Also, it is common that crime victims don´t usually cry foul immediately. Especially when it is kind of humiliating or they don´t want to admit to being fooled or used. Sometimes victims of conmen and various kinds of abuse take even years before they even talk about it. Even in this case we have seen several buyers remain silent for long periods. That is exactly why being a conman can be very profitable. Sometimes the victims just swallow.

Very well stated. You must watch a lot of Law and Order. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.