TONK TOOK 5000 USD TO SELL THE FAKE AEROFIGHTERS 3 US ( REPORT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
certainly the faked AF3 carts are worth more than 250. They now represent an important part of neo geo history. see king of fighters 2000 freak edition

That's exactly the point of the poll thread comparing the two.

Tehtriggerman

Quiz Detective
If you’re looking for the “Truth” you must first be open to the possibility that the games are real. If you fail at this very first step, there isn’t anything anyone can say or do that will ever change your mind.

There is No Spoon.

Sunsoft

Zero's Secretary
I thought everyone adored Tonk and looked up to him like God and protector, now he seems to be like a lost floating sewage shit and people are backing away with fuck you. I wouldn't mind a US aero fighters 3 (Fake) but not for my life savings

Lambdata

n00b
Holy mother of God, I´ve been reading this thread and other related to it for the last 2 hours. If someone could make a book out of it, I can assure that it would sell more than the Da Vinci Code.

turbosage

Zero's Secretary
15 Year Member
Can someone please save this thread by posting another controversial picture of obscure Neo hardware? matching patterns on the AF3 insert? a car engine? anything??

I really liked this type of discussion:

"The printing quality of the AF3 art looks like it was digitized and reproduced. So the cart is fake."

"AF3 and PS2 are test copies, and SNK didn't use the same standards as on retail versions, so they can still be legit."

"AF3 can't be a test copy because it has a bar code."

"AF3 isn't an !Arcade! product because the paper thickness is different from PI2."

"AF3 and PS2 are supposed to be test copies but don't have the same issues/printing quality etc."

"SNK used inconsistent printing quality all the time in that era (even on retail games), so AF3 and PS2 can still be legit."

"If you are for real, answer these questions about your employment at SNK and the provenance of the games."

"You won't believe me anyways. But here's a pic of an 8 slot board instead."

I was almost convinced that AF3 was real based on the information provided when it came out.

With the argument that any deviation from a retail game of the same era can be explained by declaring AF3 and PS2 test copies, it remains a question of faith for the owners.

The games can probably still find new buyers (who at least believe they could be real) in a few years. There's been several contradictions in what DavidG and TonK have said during this drama, but most people will probably not go back to check once the dust has settled.

And then Tonk asked to be banned? Thread solved.....?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I thought everyone adored Tonk and looked up to him like God and protector, now he seems to be like a lost floating sewage shit and people are backing away with fuck you. I wouldn't mind a US aero fighters 3 (Fake) but not for my life savings

It's possible now since some guy in Spain is selling the kit for it. Just peel the label off a SW3 and put on the new sticker and insert and manual.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Too bad, he wasn't the first otherwise he could have made the 30g's.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
And then asked to be un-banned so he could comeback and sell "all" his CAVE boards.

This is not true, he was unbanned because some mods realised that banning him wasn't the best thing to do for the buyers right now and giving him just what he wanted wasn't a good idea overall.

You're right though, he kinda abused this with another sale thread which should have been deleted right away imo. He needs to get the AOF3 situtation over with first by refunding all the money he've made out of this before selling anything else here.

I don't get why he don't understand this. If he was someone else, maybe... but the guy who used to be the "I'm-gonna-pistol-whip-your-ass" marketplace police officer?! That's just ridiculous. Money really do change people I guess.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Those are for the most part, scans. Anybody who has ever done a scan knows thats how it prints out. Glad I didnt get ripped off.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Now you can have your own AF3 conversion at the low low price of 300 bucks. Limited time 99% off.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
And then asked to be un-banned so he could comeback and sell "all" his CAVE boards.

Maybe. Just maybe Tonk is selling his boards and cabs so he can pay people back.

Yeah, and maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Holy mother of God, I´ve been reading this thread and other related to it for the last 2 hours. If someone could make a book out of it, I can assure that it would sell more than the Da Vinci Code.

A talented author could spend his/her entire life spinning the tales of the n-g forum into novels.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Just close the thread, there's nothing to be gained here.

Status
Not open for further replies.