So the Wii U........What exactly is Nintendo playing at?

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Apparently, Nintendo just announced that those who buy and register Mario Kart 8 before July 31st will get a free download code for a choice of: New Super Mario Bros U, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, or Wii Party U

If this is true ill be all over that, shame I have all the games apart from Wii Party so guess ill have that ;)

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
I still don't understand the point in having a main unit along with a gameboy looking unit that isn't even portable.... I much rather would get a 3DS over a WiiU. The WiiU's function is fucking retarded in my opinion.

I can understand where your coming from. It would be better if the gamepad was used better by the devs for sure. I do like having the ability to play games on the gamepad when the tv is being used or to be able to continue on with my game on the john ;)

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
BOOM!!! Just received this!!!

29y6x0.jpg

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/offers/mario-kart-8-free-software/how-it-works.list

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Nice, glad I haven't gotten around to buying Pikmin.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Sweet Mario Kart 8 deal...thanks for posting

I'm on the fence between Pikmin 3 and Zelda...
I definitely want Pikmin...but kinda want a disc for that. Zelda I'd be ok w/ download only though...

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Guess it's a free copy of Wind Waker HD for me then.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I'm getting Mario kart and I'm not ashamed of it. It will be the most action my wii u has gotten for a looooong time.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I'm getting Mario kart and I'm not ashamed of it. It will be the most action my wii u has gotten for a looooong time.

Why would you be ashamed? From what I've seen this is a day 1 purchase for me. They didn't talk about the fucking touchpad so I guess it's going to be like the new Donkey Kong. No retarded touchscreen nor motion controls gimmick, YES!

I'm going to add you all and buy a wii u headset for some epic kart trolling :D

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I never got around to getting Pikmin either, that will def. be my choice. I'm happy with Nintendo for offering this, especially since Wii U owners would obviously buy Mario Kart 8 anyway...

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Anyone on here that does not have me on there friends list feel free to look me up and add me :) Nintendo Network ID: JamieJC666

Look forward to hopefully playing some Mario Kart with you all and miiverse chat.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Have they stated if the game pad pro is supported? I downloaded child of light last night, and it doesn't allow for use of the pro controller. I don't get why Nintendo doesn't allow this to be an option with every game that doesn't use the gamepad.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Have they stated if the game pad pro is supported? I downloaded child of light last night, and it doesn't allow for use of the pro controller. I don't get why Nintendo doesn't allow this to be an option with every game that doesn't use the gamepad.

I don't think Nintendo has anything to do with this. It's not their fault if Ubisoft love the touchpad so much. This is why I've bought the PS4 version. You can control the blue fairy (or whatever it is) with the right stick in all the other versions, no need for the touchscreen. Plus, Dualshock 4>all.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member

It is. I was playing MK8 with the pro controller last night. Good times.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
It is. I was playing MK8 with the pro controller last night. Good times.

It does play great with the pro controller. My biggest complaint about MK8 is they removed the map from the screen and put it on the pad only. You can increase the size of the course map on the pad, but I'd prefer to see it on the same screen that I'm playing on.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
official pro controllers aren't cheap. wow.

The WiiU, Sits idle in between major 1st party releases.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
MK8 online is fantastic. Nintendo actually got it right.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I have a terrible Internet connection and online with 12 people has still been perfect.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Surprised no one has mentioned this thing yet...

-

wii_u_gamecube_controller_adapter_thumb.jpg

-

...Official GameCube multitap adaptor for WiiU.

Wonder if they'll be releasing that SSB pad alongside too?

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Had 3 friends over yesterday to play some MK8 four player split screen. Metal Mario is broken, other than that tons of fun.