Double Dragon is coming to PS3 and PSP on PSN. The ultimate fighting game.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
This is great news for Double Dragon fighting fans!! This is one of the few fighting games where even its single player alone is worth it.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/06/double-dragon-coming-north-america/

http://doubledragon.kontek.net/games/ddneo/charddneo.html

Of course the Neo Geo version is superior, but the PS1 version is the next best thing.

:A::B::C::D:

This Double Dragon was the last game made by franchise originator Technos Japan. It's based on the controversial movie (intended for kids), but the game itself holds great qualities (and much better and more authentic character designs than Rage of the Dragons, which was just a bad tasting Double Dragon wannabe that didn't feel Double Dragon universe at all. Only "Double Dragon" is a true Double Dragon fighting game, and of course leagues better than DDV.)

if there is one good thing that came out of the live action movie, it was this game!

I am sure Taiso will agree that this fighting game added much needed depth, combos and graphics that the series could not implement within a sidescrolling beat em up nature (which I'm sure they could, but the problem with game design back then was that developers just couldn't think outside the box when it came to sidescrollers,

They assume if it's a sidescroller, it can only have a few as playable characters. But I guess it took a fighting game to make classic and new Double Dragon themed characters playable. So to their credit, Technos made some breakthroughs with this game that they are too reluctant to explore in a run of the mill DD game meant to mash buttons and just be about the Lee twins saving the day. Shame that DD Neon took steps backwards in cheesy ways. Compared to that, this Double Dragon is revolutionary from a characters standpoint, scenario standpoint, as well as other things. ) :lolz:

Though beatem ups still hold lots of potential, if only companies explored to develop beat em ups further instead of just fighting games, they could unlock more depth and fun factor within beat em ups and conjure skill based gaming depth that rivals fighting games themselves. But one thing is for sure, this Double Dragon holds the most intense fighting and depth in the series. With a better, more authentic and grittier Double Dragon presentation than the sleek yet uninspired ROTD. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjqodljblwg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f53lmiYPWXU

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Thanks for the good news, FF*. I love Neo Double Dragon.

* Fake Feminist

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Wait.

They're GOING to release the PS1 version > AES/MVS version? For money?...

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
It's all been shit since DDII The Revenge on the NES - do yourself a favor and just buy that.

NeoGeoNinja

It's all been shit since DDII The Revenge on the NES - do yourself a favor and just buy that.
Fact.

Best DD ever. One of the best beat em ups ever. It's all about the uppercut, hurricane kick & knee...

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Meh...

My the tiny area between my balls and my dick is more entertaining/interesting than this game...

NeoGeoNinja

No. DDA is far, far, far, far superior. THAT is the best DD ever, and strong candidate for best beat 'em up of all-time, ahead of even Capcom's top entries.
Jesus! I've been after that for a while but it's priced rather prohibitively. With reason, it seems?

Fuck that noise. DDII is overrated.

DDIII > DDII

EDIT: I read a saner thread and didn't feel like killing myself.

Fuck everyone. DDIII for Genesis > All... if that's how you want to play this.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
No. DDA is far, far, far, far superior. THAT is the best DD ever, and strong candidate for best beat 'em up of all-time, ahead of even Capcom's top entries.

Truth so blinding it hurts! I'd pay good money for dda with upgraded visuals on psn.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

DDII kind of feels like a bootleg platformer in a beat 'em up costume. It's a fun game but i'm not hard gay over it. OMG BEST NES GAME EVER. I think a lot of the enthusiam derives from NES nostalgia. And that's great, I can enjoy nostalgia too.

I like the moveset and other characters in III. It's a fun and slightly challenging 1cc. I don't know. It doesn't bore me to tears like DDII.

EDIT: I read saner's whole post and still feel like killing myself.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Neo Geo Double Dragon is clearly one of the Better Game to Movie to Game adaptations out there.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
You guys know this has been available on the Japanese PSN for three years, right?

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
DDII is not fucking over rated, if anything people don't show that shit enough respect. Nostalgia? PLEASE that game is just as playable today as it was when I was a kid, it's on a VERY VERY short list of NES games that are actually tolerable today. Fucking me and a buddy playing, and nothing touches that shit on the NES. Rosetta Stone? hahahahahahahahahah PLZ It's the broken toilet paper of the NES 3 - you can't get the stink off.

GOOD DAY SIR!

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
DDII is not fucking over rated, if anything people don't show that shit enough respect. Nostalgia? PLEASE that game is just as playable today as it was when I was a kid, it's on a VERY VERY short list of NES games that are actually tolerable today. Fucking me and a buddy playing, and nothing touches that shit on the NES. Rosetta Stone? hahahahahahahahahah PLZ It's the broken toilet paper of the NES 3 - you can't get the stink off.

GOOD DAY SIR!

Lol NES

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Nobody actually likes DD III.

On a side note, they just released the Double Dragon collection for iPhone and android. All 3 Classic DD arcade games for $2.99.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
I had a feeling the PCE version would come up...Seems like a real bargain.

Screen shot 2013-12-20 at 10.09.20 AM.png

Do rare homemade conversions work on your duo's?

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Double Dragon III took chances with the formula and I like it for that reason. I thought the game was too hard, though.

I think its ambition is higher than DD II, and I like it more for that reason.

But DD II is more playable and its individual components gel better than in DD III. I'd probably agree that it's a better beat 'em up than Final Fight, but I still enjoy Final Fight more.

Actually a lot fo beat 'em ups are better constructed than Final Fight. I'll always like Knights of the Round the most, though. Wish Capcom would put that one out on virtual markets.