First wheels

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
418MYkrVT5L._AA500_.jpg

Then I upgraded to this motherfucker right here: saturnsl1b01.jpg

94 Saturn SL1. Pale ass green. 1500 lbs of pure American plastic.

Got it for $500 from an old lady turning in her license. It had all the primo features: no power locks, no power windows, automatic seatbeats, and the air conditioning didn't work. I had to drive to work at McDonald's in the summer in that fucker, sweat my balls off in the grill, and then drive home and hope there was a breeze. Jesus wept - that summer was the worst. The seat cover was ripping on the driver's side, so your ass was basically against the metal frame and to call the seats "bucket seats" would not be doing them justice. It finally gave up the ghost on a trip back from the Albany area where a friend and I went to go play some underground poker. We slow down for the toll booth at the exit near my house and when I begin to accelerate the car grinds to a halt. Well, my friend is about 350-400 pounds on a good day, and with all that stress the goddamn axle broke. I think it's cute that the speedometer went up to 130 mph, ain't no goddamned way the car would've held together above 90. Though it did get like 27 MPG and I was poor so that was a win. RIP.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
First ride: 97 Honda Civic LX
Got this with my mom. We had a Mercury POS that diagnostics couldn't figure out why it was dying. I missed my Civic.
1997_Honda_Civic_LX_G02_770f77ae993ac63302e916d8d6391732.jpg

Second ride: 97 Toyota Rav 4
Bought this the day after I moved from HI to OR. This one had more sentimental value to me: True independence (adulthood, YAY!), took my GF (now wife) around on dates with it, took both of my kids home from the hospital after they were born...
1997_toyota_rav4_4_door_2wd_wont_last_at_this_price_99520719876427150.jpg

Current ride: 07 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Got this one just last year, when my Rav 4's engine exploded on the way home from work.
635259120052493061.jpg

The pics were not my cars but they're the same body style and color that I had.

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
picture2417_232.jpg

"Turquoise Benson", '92 Cavalier. I loved that car.

this is my current ride:
LeBaronGTC19959.jpg

I love this thing too. mine has the original gold rims on it though. '94 LeBaron convertible.

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
picture2417_232.jpg

"Turquoise Benson", '92 Cavalier. I loved that car.

this is my current ride:
LeBaronGTC19959.jpg

I love this thing too. mine has the original gold rims on it though. '94 LeBaron convertible.

Anyone else wondering about bodies in the trunk...?

;)

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
you could only fit a body in that lebaron trunk if you chopped it up. into 3 parts minimum

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
Lol @ Chrysler. My first ride was an 82 civic hatchback with 270,000 miles on it, I treated it like utter garbage and it kept on coming for more. I maxed it out at 380,000 some miles without a single problem before some jackass on a motorcycle rearended me and totaled it. Best car I've ever had hands down. 60hp 4banger madness.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
First one was a Mazda. It suit me fine for the three years I used, but from what I heard it was a total PITA for the next owner I offloaded to.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
First car I bought was this in 2007

84463_zpsb7e942d9.jpg

A 1995 BMW Individual Exclusive Edition 540iA M-Sport. One of 65 ever built. Took me 2 1/2 years to find. And was on the other side of the country as well... Love it to this day.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
hey rich boy

send me some expensive candy

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
hey rich boy

send me some expensive candy

:lolz:

I'm far from rich. But when you're looking for a car for 2 1/2 years it's not hard to figure out how to get a hold of a car for 12k. If I'd bought it new I would have been rich...

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
:lolz:

I'm far from rich. But when you're looking for a car for 2 1/2 years it's not hard to figure out how to get a hold of a car for 12k. If I'd bought it new I would have been rich...
hey mang you're rich to me. if i need emergency wheels i'm spending $500 on whatever i can snag that drives and i'm keeping it until it's nothing but a lemon to make lemonade out of

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
hey mang you're rich to me. if i need emergency wheels i'm spending $500 on whatever i can snag that drives and i'm keeping it until it's nothing but a lemon to make lemonade out of

Oh, i buy cheap cars too. This was $300

P1010025.jpg

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
First car I bought was this in 2007

84463_zpsb7e942d9.jpg

A 1995 BMW Individual Exclusive Edition 540iA M-Sport. One of 65 ever built. Took me 2 1/2 years to find. And was on the other side of the country as well... Love it to this day.

Oh, i buy cheap cars too. This was $300

P1010025.jpg

Great E34s. That Touring wagon is starting to become hard to find as well.

First car was a beat up 1978 Pontiac Trans Am I picked up for $500. After taking my time fixing it up, a girl destroyed it 2 weeks later. After that, I picked up a 1994 Honda Civic Coupe EX for $2000. It survived up until I sold it in 2011. The local kid that bought it is still driving it daily, keeping it stock.

1994 Honda Civic EX.jpg

Last edited:

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Great E34s. That Touring wagon is starting to become hard to find as well.

I do love me some E34... :D

Used to borrow a buddies '93 black on black M5. Would take care of it when he went on vacations for a week or two at a time. And while a '93 M5 is very nice there were a few things I wanted a little different. The '95 M-Sport is that car. Hence spending 2 1/2 years searching the entire country every day or so until I found the M-Sport I wanted. And it's even nicer now with a few OEM changes/additions. Euro trim & clears, black chrome exhaust tips, factory fridge in the rear seat, etc..

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Mine was an '83 Cutlass Calais. I used to take that thing everywhere. Living in Oklahoma, you could get lost on so many of our back roads (and we did), drive up mountains (or what we'd like to call mountains), and really just do whatever you want in the middle of nowhere. I got my first BJ in that car with Sponge playing in the tapedeck...I'll never forget it :crying:

That thing got to be a hazard after awhile, though. I remember driving it on a two lane highway, and I was trying to pass a slow Walmart truck, and as I began to accelerate beside it, my engine died. I saw another car coming down the left lane and we were on a collision course. I had to throw my car in neutral, start the engine back up, put it back in drive, and get around the truck before we collided. It was one of the scariest things that ever happened to me.

I remember selling it back in 2001 to a coworker for $500, and the transmission went out 2 months later. Good riddance.

Mine looked almost exactly like this:

CC-13-064-800.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
My first car that I owned was a 1996 Civic Sedan EX. I was choosing between that or a Toyota Celica. Since the Civic was only $16k out the door and the Celica was $20k I just went with the Civic. Never had a problem with it for 10 years. I still miss it.

VA_640.jpg

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
That thing got to be a hazard after awhile, though. I remember driving it on a two lane highway, and I was trying to pass a slow Walmart truck, and as I began to accelerate beside it, my engine died. I saw another car coming down the left lane and we were on a collision course. I had to throw my car in neutral, start the engine back up, put it back in drive, and get around the truck before we collided. It was one of the scariest things that ever happened to me.
when i was 17 in my cavalier i decided it would be a good idea to get fucked up and drive home in a pair of 5 inch heels. I lived in the boonies, too, so the roads were fucked up and they were all desolate and clearly built around farmland that had been there for hundreds of years. I was like 1 minute away from home and of course in my heels I completely botched a switch from gas to brake and ended up gassing right off the road and came inches away from smashing right into a speed limit sign at a fairly high speed. I don't think I would have been injured too badly, but sometimes that kind of stuff kills people. *shrugs*

plenty of falling asleep at the wheel on blind intersections too. Being an invincible teenager sure was great

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
dotj-71volvo144-03-600px.jpg

I pulled this image off of the net, but it's the same color, and about the same condition. Mine was worse in some ways because it came from the east coast and had been eaten by rust due to the salt on the roads. Paid $500 for it, and it probably ran for 2-3 weeks before it died. Never could figure out what was wrong with it and didn't have the money to have it fixed, not that it would have been worth it anyway. Sat in the driveway for years before being donated to one of those placed that wants cars, running or not.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
this might be a decent place to ask this:

does anyone have a right-side mirror that would fit on a '97 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme? It only has to *fit*. I'm just going to tape it/glue it on. Hit me up. worth a shot

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member

this is my current ride:
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/CudaJeff71/Divers/LeBaronGTC19959.jpg

haha.. holy shit.

yn0WibP.jpg

i bought one for my wife (it was the car she always wanted) as a summertime cruiser for her last june. same forest green with gold trim gtc. also a '94.

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
hahaha rock the fuck on, man. put in your italo disco boot mix and go cruisin'. I can't wait for springtime.

the turn radius on that thing BLOWS though. it sure is fun making a 90 degree turn in traffic and hoping to fuck people get the hell out of the way

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
My first car was a 1977 Dodge Charger SE with the grossly choked 400ci V8.

The stupid emissions of the late 1970s had that bad boy choked to 190hp/305 ft-lb torque. I remember that thing getting super shitty gas mileage...even was gas was $.90/gal, it would still cost me an arm and a leg to drive it.

I had that car for just over a year before it exploded. My next (and one of my favorites) was a 2-door 1972 Maverick with a 200ci straight 6. I really did like driving that car, I'd love to get another some day...

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
My first car was a 1977 Dodge Charger SE with the grossly choked 400ci V8.

The stupid emissions of the late 1970s had that bad boy choked to 190hp/305 ft-lb torque. I remember that thing getting super shitty gas mileage...even was gas was $.90/gal, it would still cost me an arm and a leg to drive it.

I had that car for just over a year before it exploded. My next (and one of my favorites) was a 2-door 1972 Maverick with a 200ci straight 6. I really did like driving that car, I'd love to get another some day...

I'm seeing a few 'muricans posting up mental cars for first cars - I'm surprised this many of you made it through to adulthood. If you'd put me behind a 4/5/6 litre car when I was 17 I'd have been smeared up the wall of an underpass like pate in minutes.