[The Change-Up] MAY Fighting games of the month

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Welcome!

So we are trying something a little different here. This month we will be playing X-men Children of the Atom and World Heroes. What we are trying here is using characters you are not comfortable/familiar with.

xmenintro1.png

WorldHeroes_arcadeflyer.png

So here's how this is gonna work. This is not a competition. The idea is to put a fresh spin on games that we have played (and in many cases over-played).

1) Any members may participate. If you are interested in playing either or both of the games like this, then post up and tell us who you normally use for these games, or if you've never played them before, what character styles you generally use, example: characters with Ryu/ken type movesets, or grapplers like Zangief etc.

2) After you've posted, other members will give you suggestions of who to use. It could be a good character you never really use, or just someone wacky. If you get several suggestions, pick the ones you like as long as they are not your normal characters. Then try to beat the game with your "unfamiliar" characters. After playing come back and post to tell us how far you got (beat 2 guys, or 4, or got a 1cc etc.)

3) Some of the characters in these games are made to be low tier type fighters (like Dan). You can challenge someone to use one of these types of characters.

this post will be used to keep track of who is using which characters.

Let's go Bub.........

Participants:

1) Whisper2053
2) Dipindods
3) Mugicha
4) Tweek
5) Pulstar
6) Danthor
7) Ballzdeepx
8) Warpig5472

Last edited:

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Well. It's been quite a while since I put any serious time in CotA, but bitd when I played a bunch it was always Iceman that got the nod from me. At this point, any of the characters would probably be a pretty good challenge due to rustyness, but I'm game!

Far as WH goes...challenge away! I'll start to really learn with whoever I get set up with since I don't really have any fave yet, and have been trying to find 'my guy' anyways.

As for my usual preference in NG fighters...I tend to go with Iori/Mai/King (depending on game) so those are typical styles that I'm normally used to.

Last edited:

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
sweet glad this is going. im gunna put cota back in the blast so i can play. ive only beat the game with cyclops and wolverine so i got alot to go. i think spiral and omega red are the 2 characters i dont really know any moves for. i guess my journey begins with them.

as for world heros ive betten it with every charcter but i think muscle power was my worst guy. and i also believe i always play on death match so im gunna play reg match mostly

dipindods

whisper if i would suggest someone for you go with omega red and spiral like me. world heros take a stab at muscle or try brocken i really like him and i feel he is over looked

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
whisper if i would suggest someone for you go with omega red and spiral like me. world heros take a stab at muscle or try brocken i really like him and i feel he is over looked

Will do, sir! I'll be loading those up (Saturn & CMVS, respectively) this evening after I get off work and will start giving them a try. This will be fun :)

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I'm in!

For COTA, I've pretty much stuck to Wolverine, with a little bit of Psylocke. I can't remember who I used in WH1, I loved Captain Kidd in WH2. I probably used Fuuma, since I like the Ryu/Ken characters.

so who am I now? :)

dipindods

why not broken and muscle power too? if not how bout some Rasputin big footed fun :)
silver samurai spiral or omega red.......should we all play same guys? figure im picking most non used guys i believe

Last edited:

dipindods

shhould i go with the guys i picked or someone got some special requests for me??

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Playing WH right now...

MP is interesting. Gotta say, that damned spinning suplex thing he can do does some MEAN damage! I've always sucked at 360 motions though (Zangief....ugh :( ), so it's taking some getting used to!

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
why not broken and muscle power too? if not how bout some Rasputin big footed fun :)
silver samurai spiral or omega red.......should we all play same guys? figure im picking most non used guys i believe

nah buddy, not everyone will play the same characters, if it happens that the suggestions work out like that it's ok though.

you mentioned Omega red and spiral, give em a go. And how about a Sentinel Challenge ;)

as for me, i'll give the Silver Sam, and Raspy a shot :D

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I tried sil-sammy. I like his multiple hit moves like his throwing star and his cutting rush, having a little difficulty with his slower speed though. Raspy I did enjoy quite a bit, I like grabbin em with dem big 'ol hands :D

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Shoot, it is not too late to participate in on this is it?!

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Shoot, it is not too late to participate in on this is it?!

don't be silly :p we are doing these games all month long, then we gonna pick some more for next month.

so....you in? :D

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
don't be silly :p we are doing these games all month long, then we gonna pick some more for next month.

so....you in? :D

Heck yea I'm in! Only got some playtime on WH as Brocken and would like to give some other characters a spin!

Oh also, gabbit.gif

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
man fuck yo giants :angry:

hehe, tell us who you normally play and we'll see if we can get ya some suggestions.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
man fuck yo giants :angry:

hehe, tell us who you normally play and we'll see if we can get ya some suggestions.

Brocken mostly, but have played a few rounds with Hanzou

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Omega Red is very annoying.

Had some friends over yesterday and a couple of them were on CotA with me while the rest were playing Smoosh Bros on the gc...they're typical bouncing jump/button mashers and Omega Red's diagonal/upward tentacle grab was SERIOUSLY pissing them off.

Hahahahahahahahaha

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Omega Red is very annoying.

Had some friends over yesterday and a couple of them were on CotA with me while the rest were playing Smoosh Bros on the gc...they're typical bouncing jump/button mashers and Omega Red's diagonal/upward tentacle grab was SERIOUSLY pissing them off.

Hahahahahahahahaha

lol, haven't tried him yet, but he was damned hard to get close to.

dipindods

ok took a stab at sentinel and wow he is hard to play with. no speed at all and his super is kinda bad unless it hits then its crazy good but it never hits :( . well it took me about 10 credits to get to magneto before he spanked me about 6 times in a row b4 i walked away from my big blue. gotta figure out a game plan for magneto......is it me or does the computer block EVERYTHING??

ive been playn soul edge and guilty gear x 1.5 so gotta find time for this months 2 games

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
COTA is a very hard game. It ramps up difficulty in almost Neo fashion. I've never beaten juggernaut, I've tried about 50 times. I've never even seen magneto in this game.

dipindods

ive only beat it with cyclops wolverine and iceman. only just got it a couple of months ago and only played them 3 when i was a kid playing it at my pizza shop

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I'm in. For COTA the two characters I use most are Wolverine and Cyclops. I've never used a grappler so I might give Colossus a go. I don't have a copy of WH so I may have to go the emulation route with those. When I did play it I stuck to Hanzou. I'll report back with my judgement of Colossus.

dipindods

got 1 game in after work went 4 wins then got killed by wolverine