[The Change-Up] MAY Fighting games of the month

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Nicely done Dip!!! can't believe you beat him with sentinel!!

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Gotta say, Dragon was a really good choice for putting me out of my comfort zone. Typically swift characters like this and I don't mix, so it's been quite a learning curve. So far I can get to either the 3rd or 4th fight with him on default settings. Though right now it never seems to matter when I fight Rasputin, he puts me away HARD.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Challenge completed with 1 continue and a perfect victory!

nfi2hu.jpg

YEAH! :buttrock:

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet

nfi2hu.jpg

Nice job, Whisp! I'm gonna have to put this on my PSP to get more chances to practice. Last night I got to Rasputin, again. I beat him by a wide margin in the first round, I started to think I might have him this time! He then showed me he was just screwing around and put me out again. He's making this personal!

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member

nfi2hu.jpg

Nicely done man! :buttrock: All I have learned from playing as Muscle Power is that grappling characters are NOT my forte haha.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Neat idea and I love me some WH. I will try to make some time and play with raspy first.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Neat idea and I love me some WH. I will try to make some time and play with raspy first.

welcome aboard ballzy, raspy is an interesting guy, I'm still not good with him, but I have a whole new appreciation for him that I didn't have before this month :)

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Muscle Power's charging lariat :back: :forw::A: makes him the fastest character in the game haha.

You can do an infinite on block with crouching light A's or B's into lariats into A's, then into a tick throw.

Muscle Power is number one.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Muscle Power's charging lariat :back: :forw::A: makes him the fastest character in the game haha.

You can do an infinite on block with crouching light A's or B's into lariats into A's, then into a tick throw.

^always listen to this man's pro-tips ;)

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member

As someone who is seriously terrible with Muscle Power, I will try this when I get home.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
It's getting towards the end of the month, so let's start talking about what to play next month. 2 games worked out fine, How about 3 this time? :D

so what do you guys wanna do for the change up next month? It's not set in stone, but there's a lot of neo fighters so I hope we can choose another one.

edit: presonally I'd like to play something a little faster paced than this month's games, don't get me wrong, love cota and WH but damn they slow :(

Last edited:

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
been playn alot of cota and silver is pretty cool im not that good with him yet but learning alot. his jump is awful though dont seem to go that far at all and its slow.

as for games for next month hmmmm....faster huh.....ok for neo how about breakers revenge or rage of the dragons.....for atomiswave how about guilty gear x or king of fighters 11......for cps2 how bout street fighter zero 2 or vampire savior......and martial masters for the pgm of coarse......or an oddball fighter......wrestlefest!!!!!!!!

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Not been able to get too much time in this month (work's been crazy) but I'm getting better with Collosus. The main problem I have is when I come across any character with a little speed (Wolvering and Psylocke) and they seem to drain my energy before I have a chance to get a move in. He is faster than I expected him to be though I think I just need to put a few more hours in and have a copy of his movelist with me when I play next.

Good jobs on the playthroughs this month it's been interesting to read.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I think I just need to put a few more hours in and have a copy of his movelist with me when I play next.

Get a notebook! Screw digital, nothing beats actually having physical pages you can flip through/glance at while playing.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Horray - World Heroes! Count me in if you'd be so kind. Can unfortunately only use an Emu atm - WH2Jet is coming to me via snailmail atm (along with the board).
I normally almost exclusively use Ken - styled characters and I have to admit I'm a sucking FIREBALL Spammer. (wow it automatically capses that).
Open for suggestions! (not the Wrestling guy plz - have a friend that always picks him and mirror matches would be boring)

dipindods

ok how about janne she still has a fireball bird thing but she plays more like guile with her charging moves.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Always sucked at comboing those charge things (I think balrog had this in SFII where you would charge while executing something else) - but sure, why not.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
World Heroes feat. Berry Togart as Janne Part I

Setup
I have to get an emu (mvs still in the snailmail and it comes with WH2Jet not WH) and MAMEUI64 crashes - what a start.
After trying FinalBurnAlpha which just can't seem to locate my roms I go back to the good old neorage.
It's a bit late and I'm reluctant to put down my Arcade Monster for playing - so I use a XBox controller.
Configuring it I realise Neorage only recognizes the analogue stick - this will be "fun".

I pick Janne and have absolutely no clue about the moves. I see the french flag and immedately have to think about great french cheese and baguette.
While my thoughts seem to slip away I pull myself back together. This is about World Heroes - so it is a serious thing! (hmm)

Round 1
I have absolutely no clue what the moves on the gal are and get the bruce lee guy as opponent - no match for Jeanne D'Arc *cough* ah.. Janne.
The only move I can pull off is a Sonic Boom, which is a ... dragon thing in this game. Everyone knows Janne battled with a flaming dragons head and... oh well.
Desperately trying to pull of all I know (dragon punch, fireball motion, etc.) fails horribly - but I'm unsure if it is due to the moves being different or the "awesome" analogue stick.
I win the first round, loose the 2nd and realise CPU Bruce only has one tactic - Jump into my roundhouse kick.
Round 1 - VICTORY! Janne informs the beat up bruce that she should call him a goddess now. I don't know if that was the quite the story I remember about her, but I'm pretty sure the guy who told her to strike down the Burgunds would have something against declaring herself in such a way.

Round 2
Rasputin - lover of the russian... there is no fucking queen in russia - they're called csars there.
Weird match - the man in the skirt laughs at me and starts engaging. In the first round I give him the good old "roundhouse in your face" tactic.
2nd round he seems to have learned how to block it and starts countering a bit. He beats me up and I loose round 2.
Sobbing a bit like the beaten girl I am I hide in the corner and resent to old tactics. I "flaming dragon thing" the shit out of him.
Some get blocked, some get through - he tries to jump over my "burning face of the dragon" and I roundhouse him - BAM!
Round 2 - VICTORY! "Would you like to make another comment about my place being in the kitchen?" WTF? If I saw a girl armored like that (I love that in older games the girls some times were smart enough to wear armor that would NOT expose all their vulnerable spots) I wouldn't dare to send her there.
How would she EVER prepare a meal in time with that heavy armor?

Round 3
A Rock! - Ok now the opponents get harder and harder!
I roundhouse kick like a madman... ah.. woman and carve myself a muscular guy out of stone. I have no clue how I'll move the guy home, but perhaps Marty can attach a trailer to the delorian when he drives me home after I win this tournament.

Round 4
Fuuma - the red hmm... ninja? Well he's preparing for the aftermath of planet of the apes and tries to keep tight bonds to the guys. This is one of the most hillarious stages I've ever seen, but I haven't got much time to admire the scenery because it seems to be time to pay for my lifelong sins in 2P mode.
The guy ninja star spams me like there's no tomorrow. My jumping coordination is aweful with the analogue stick, because I have to press up almost directly to make my brave french maid jump.
Star - Star - Star - Star - I go down in 2 rounds.
He advises me that I should do like a bonsai and leave. I have no clue what they were thinking when writing this pun, because even if it was a leaf - what would be the connection to the bonsai? (It has leaves? Still pointless)
Anyways - for today I take his advice and call it quits.

dipindods

hahahaha awesome write up kid its like i was there. good first stab at it!!!
try some throws cause they hurt alot.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
World Heroes feat. Berry Togart as Janne Part I

Setup
I have to get an emu (mvs still in the snailmail and it comes with WH2Jet not WH) and MAMEUI64 crashes - what a start.
After trying FinalBurnAlpha which just can't seem to locate my roms I go back to the good old neorage.
It's a bit late and I'm reluctant to put down my Arcade Monster for playing - so I use a XBox controller.
Configuring it I realise Neorage only recognizes the analogue stick - this will be "fun".

I pick Janne and have absolutely no clue about the moves. I see the french flag and immedately have to think about great french cheese and baguette.
While my thoughts seem to slip away I pull myself back together. This is about World Heroes - so it is a serious thing! (hmm)

Round 1
I have absolutely no clue what the moves on the gal are and get the bruce lee guy as opponent - no match for Jeanne D'Arc *cough* ah.. Janne.
The only move I can pull off is a Sonic Boom, which is a ... dragon thing in this game. Everyone knows Janne battled with a flaming dragons head and... oh well.
Desperately trying to pull of all I know (dragon punch, fireball motion, etc.) fails horribly - but I'm unsure if it is due to the moves being different or the "awesome" analogue stick.
I win the first round, loose the 2nd and realise CPU Bruce only has one tactic - Jump into my roundhouse kick.
Round 1 - VICTORY! Janne informs the beat up bruce that she should call him a goddess now. I don't know if that was the quite the story I remember about her, but I'm pretty sure the guy who told her to strike down the Burgunds would have something against declaring herself in such a way.

Round 2
Rasputin - lover of the russian... there is no fucking queen in russia - they're called csars there.
Weird match - the man in the skirt laughs at me and starts engaging. In the first round I give him the good old "roundhouse in your face" tactic.
2nd round he seems to have learned how to block it and starts countering a bit. He beats me up and I loose round 2.
Sobbing a bit like the beaten girl I am I hide in the corner and resent to old tactics. I "flaming dragon thing" the shit out of him.
Some get blocked, some get through - he tries to jump over my "burning face of the dragon" and I roundhouse him - BAM!
Round 2 - VICTORY! "Would you like to make another comment about my place being in the kitchen?" WTF? If I saw a girl armored like that (I love that in older games the girls some times were smart enough to wear armor that would NOT expose all their vulnerable spots) I wouldn't dare to send her there.
How would she EVER prepare a meal in time with that heavy armor?

Round 3
A Rock! - Ok now the opponents get harder and harder!
I roundhouse kick like a madman... ah.. woman and carve myself a muscular guy out of stone. I have no clue how I'll move the guy home, but perhaps Marty can attach a trailer to the delorian when he drives me home after I win this tournament.

Round 4
Fuuma - the red hmm... ninja? Well he's preparing for the aftermath of planet of the apes and tries to keep tight bonds to the guys. This is one of the most hillarious stages I've ever seen, but I haven't got much time to admire the scenery because it seems to be time to pay for my lifelong sins in 2P mode.
The guy ninja star spams me like there's no tomorrow. My jumping coordination is aweful with the analogue stick, because I have to press up almost directly to make my brave french maid jump.
Star - Star - Star - Star - I go down in 2 rounds.
He advises me that I should do like a bonsai and leave. I have no clue what they were thinking when writing this pun, because even if it was a leaf - what would be the connection to the bonsai? (It has leaves? Still pointless)
Anyways - for today I take his advice and call it quits.

Yes, this will certainly help people how to play world heroes.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Get a notebook! Screw digital, nothing beats actually having physical pages you can flip through/glance at while playing.

Yeah, this was what I was planning to do. I hate flicking through laptop/tablet pages when I'm playing. Much easier having it on a few pages in front of me. I'll make a list and give it another go.