Wives...Gfs... Will they ever understand?

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
Anyone else have a wife or significant other that just doesnt like your collection? Anyone have one that does like gaming? (lucky u)

My wifes not too keen on gaming, shes been away on work and hasnt seen the new MVS cart collection Ive just acquired.... :oh_no:

Wonder if I can slip 50 carts past her...

Lmk your success/fails with partners and gaming

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Why you are having to hide your games from a girl is beyond me, sounds like you need a new girl in your life.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
My wife has come to the conclusion that no matter how much she likes it I will continue collecting. My way of making her somewhat okay with it is telling her that once I'm dead she can sell it or pass it on to the kids. If she sells it there is a text document on a flash card in the northwest retro vault that contains all information like who I bought it from, what I paid, what it was worth at the time of purchasing, and what it's worth currently. Right now in mvs stuff alone I'm rocking a few grand. Hopefully when I'm dead and gone you guys don't see her on pawnstars

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
Not really the games, just the amount spent on them. I have over 4000 dvds/blurays shes at her limit i guess

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Why you are having to hide your games from a girl is beyond me, sounds like you need a new girl in your life.

This. Anytime you have to hide something you really enjoy, it never turns out well.

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
Well I just had a baby girl few months back so yea the spending issue she wins, besides what happens in the man cave stays in the man cave...she doesnt visit there much =)

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
My fiancee really dislikes my neo collection primarily because she found out how much some of these games costs. Other than that, she doesn't mind me gaming.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I have one of the most amazing understanding wives on the planet. she plays typing of the dead, puzzle fighter etc. regularly. Man cave? mugi don't got one, this is my dining room:

zRYaq1Y.jpg

so yeah, she's very understanding of this sort of thing.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
I have one of the most amazing understanding wives on the planet. she plays typing of the dead, puzzle fighter etc. regularly. Man cave? mugi don't got one, this is my dining room:

zRYaq1Y.jpg

Get that woman a medal!

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I can't really identify with those that have wives/gfs that aren't supportive of making their man happy. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but my wife is cool with the fact that I'm into a hobby that can be shared and enjoyed across my family, our kids included. She's not really into gaming, and she thinks I've spent a retarded amount of money on my cabs and games, but at the end of the day the budget allows for what I have and I don't hide anything from her. It's pretty much the precedent we've set across all aspects of our interests and hobbies as a collective couple. Needing to hide your games is just plain sad... it's not like you're sneaking out to the bar behind her back, or worse.

A few local pals (300wins, teh Comrade, dubdubdub and several others) are pretty much in the same boat too with their women I think. I dunno, I would like to think that this kind of support is more the norm than not. Basically, your chick doesn't have to be wild about the games in order to be supportive of something that you dig. Maybe y'all just found the wrong chick?! ;)

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
My GF is very supportive of my gaming, my cabs are all in the living room and I also have a man cave for console gaming and my record collection. She always wants to play something on one of the cabs.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I'm just getting in to the arcade/Neo game but I've collected games/DVDs for years and my wife is understanding and supportive. Hell, she probably plays more than I do at this point. Part of why I married her.

Bottom line: Don't care how good the sex is... don't get involved with someone long-term who doesn't support or understand your hobbies and interests.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Not really the games, just the amount spent on them. I have over 4000 dvds/blurays shes at her limit i guess

Does your wife have a large shoes collection? Maybe you can use that for your own argument to justify your hobby.

Last edited:

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
My wife isn't really into gaming but she will play the odd game with me. Like Dead Nation. She likes it a lot even though she freaks when the hoard overwhelms her :) I'm currently trying to get her into Mercenary Kings.

She doesn't fully get my interest in collecting video games but she is completely on board. Sometimes she jokes around by asking me which ones are the most expensive ones. Implying that she might liquidate.

Recently I decided on a few systems to collect for and started putting the rest on Kijiji and I think she like seeing that I had some kind of focus.

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Maybe you can find some fun 2 player vs or co op games to get her involved in your hobby. Magical Drop is fun and easy to pick up

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Basically, your chick doesn't have to be wild about the games in order to be supportive of something that you dig. Maybe y'all just found the wrong chick?! ;)

Pretty much sums it up, right there. Unless you're in a situation where it is fiscally irresponsible to be buying games, or you're neglecting your wife and kids because you're playing them too much, she should just be happy that you found a hobby that makes you happy. That's my wife's whole deal. She doesn't really care too much for gaming (although she'll play some stuff with me on occasion) but she likes that I have a hobby that I can get excited about.

A lot of people are more concerned with how their spouse can make them happy, than how they can make themselves happy. Those types would hate your hobby no matter what it was, because they themselves want to be the only focus of your attention.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Maybe you can find some fun 2 player vs or co op games to get her involved in your hobby. Magical Drop is fun and easy to pick up

Puzzle games are definitely a good start. My GF got hooked on games after we played some bomberman.

Me: (puts in saturn bomberman)
Her: "How do I play?"
Me: "Watch me play for 30 seconds and you'll get it."
Her: "Oh, OK."

10 minutes later she had a new favorite game :)

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
My GF is happy I like video games as she knows it keeps me out of trouble. If she needs to find me, she knows where to go.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member

zRYaq1Y.jpg

My wife also allows me to have 3 cabinets in the living room, so i think we're in the lucky club :lolz:

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Well I just had a baby girl few months back so yea the spending issue she wins, besides what happens in the man cave stays in the man cave...she doesnt visit there much =)

I'd join the bitch beatdown, but you just had a kid, those shits are expensive dood. I don't know how fresh your baby is, but I might side with the lady temporarily, every bit of cash helps. Or you could hock the 3,975 blurays/dvd's you'll never watch again, and buy some games you'll play.

...almost forgot XD

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member

zRYaq1Y.jpg

Geez, where are you getting these candy cabs in NC?!? Hook a brother up!

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Nut up or shut up.

Cruisin' down the street in my 6-4
Jocking the bitches, slappin' the hoes
Went to the park to get with Scoops
Kid Panda out there cold shootin' some hoops
A car pulls up, who can it be?
A fresh El Camino rolled, GoHung-G
He rolls down his window and he started to say
It's all about makin' that GTA