"Ghostbusters 3" confirmed, to star all-female cast of "funny women"

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Kevin Smith hasn't done anything worth watching in almost 20 years.

Jay and silent bob strike back was the beginning of his shit movies. Now he's a legit pot head stoner, and his work shows it. I'll see mallrats 2 though.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Jay and silent bob strike back was the beginning of his shit movies. Now he's a legit pot head stoner, and his work shows it. I'll see mallrats 2 though.

Yeah, I bought that on DVD without having seen it, I was pretty pissed. Caught Clerks 2 on HBO a few years ago and wrote him off for good.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
I am wit ze oder jermans on tis.

Grew up with it, know it by heart. An as oliver I prefer the German dub over the English one... it's really odd, as this is the only movie I feel like this about (I even prefer to watch Asterix flix in French with subtitles nowadays).
Pinky & Brain is another exception for me

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Yeah, I bought that on DVD without having seen it, I was pretty pissed. Caught Clerks 2 on HBO a few years ago and wrote him off for good.

The first movie perfectly encapsulates what it's like to work in retail, IMO.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The first movie perfectly encapsulates what it's like to work in retail, IMO.

The first time I saw it I was in the middle of my retail career. I didn't find it too funny because it was too real. I watched it again last year (having not worked retail in some time) and liked it a bit more.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Half of Clerks 2 is pretty great.

The banter between Randal and Elias, the customer interactions, Jay and silent Bob being Christian, the porch monkey bit.

The other half is pure garbage.

Clerks and Mallrats are not only the best things he's made but perfect 90s encapsulation.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Watched ghostbusters today, found it enjoyable. I'd see it again when it's on tv. Not great, but good.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Half of Clerks 2 is pretty great.

The banter between Randal and Elias, the customer interactions, Jay and silent Bob being Christian, the porch monkey bit.

The other half is pure garbage.

Clerks and Mallrats are not only the best things he's made but perfect 90s encapsulation.

Chasing Amy is best.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Saw it because for whatever reason my mom really really wanted to see it, and now I am must be a filial son.

Didn't like it. Maybe one or two good lines in the whole film. 'Never compare me to the Jaws mayor. Never!'

Surprisingly the fat chick wasn't annoying, it was the tryhard faggot that smokes wants to bone.

It's just one of those movies that are a big thing at the time but in 15 years no one'll give it a second thought.

Original and sequel's SFX are better than this one's by far, though.

What an odd choice of character for Bill Murray to cameo as.

Harold Ramis's kid cameoed as a heavy metal singer. Oh and aftercredits scene if you still give a shit at that point.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
It was good. Not ground breaking or anything, but it was a better movie than most shit that's come out lately. I'm just stoked the ghostbusters "universe" is back and I want more. Would really like to see where they go with a sequel. It is slightly dumbed down as everything is nowadays. Unfortunately, you cannot get the budget to make a large film unless you dumb things down it seems.

Just saw it last night, enjoyed it for the most part. First half of the movie was pretty funny, second half digressed into a big SFX mess, but was still fun. Really don't understand why it couldn't have been a true sequel to the other two, with just a couple "passing of the torch" scenes to transition to the new cast. But whatever.

Thought Kate McKinnon was great though. She should've had a bigger role.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
vj86whY.png

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Nope. I'm all for offensive humor. 9-11, dead babies, etc. but that shit on Twitter with her was a personal, psychological attack on someone that went beyond jokes for no reason other than racism. Fuck all that, and fuck bullies - especially booger eaters behind a computer they primarily jerk off in front of.

She was awesome in that movie and stole plenty of scenes.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I was just having a discussion about this movie at the bar tonight.

I went in comparing this movie to ghostbusters 2. You can't compare it to the original because that is flawed logic. The original cast/crew tried to make another movie and it wasn't that great in comparison. So you have to compare this new one to that, NOT the original [because it's perfect].

So, in doing that, I think this is a good reboot of the franchise. Problems? Yes. But overall, a good flick and super stoked to have ghostbusters around again.

Pasky

Nope. I'm all for offensive humor. 9-11, dead babies, etc. but that shit on Twitter with her was a personal, psychological attack on someone that went beyond jokes for no reason other than racism. Fuck all that, and fuck bullies - especially booger eaters behind a computer they primarily jerk off in front of.

She was awesome in that movie and stole plenty of scenes.

:lolz:

You're all for dead babies, terrorist attack jokes where hundreds lost their lives, but you draw the line when some baby celebrity is on twitter having a whiney meltdown. Okay dude :lolz:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Is the ball sporting blackface wacist?

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
:lolz:

You're all for dead babies, terrorist attack jokes where hundreds lost their lives, but you draw the line when some baby celebrity is on twitter having a whiney meltdown. Okay dude :lolz:

Lol, yes. Less about content and more about intent. Racist jokes are fine honestly, it's all part of humor. It's just when you target ONE PERSON and terrorize them that it crosses a line. It's just fucking mean and uncalled for.

Pasky

Lol, yes. Less about content and more about intent. Racist jokes are fine honestly, it's all part of humor. It's just when you target ONE PERSON and terrorize them that it crosses a line. It's just fucking mean and uncalled for.

I don't know what exactly went on, just saw some tweets, but I saw racism coming from her as well in some tweets. I really don't give a shit to be honest, I just love a good meltdown :lolz:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I don't know what exactly went on, just saw some tweets, but I saw racism coming from her as well in some tweets. I really don't give a shit to be honest, I just love a good meltdown :lolz:

Meltdowns are fun to watch, not gonna lie. But she was the butt of some racist fucking shit trolls for no reason. And when she was shocked at it coming out of left field they apparently smelled blood and hacked her Twitter account and posted a barrage of ignorant shit targeted specifically at her personally. If it were actually funny, I'd give it a pass but it was straight out of a horror movie, the level they went to honestly.

I normally don't engage in these types of discussions but I've been drinking and reading the story about this earlier today genuinely annoyed me because it was people being fucking mean for no reason. And you know it was a bunch of 15 year old shitheads who never touched a boob...and probably some 45 year old ones as well....who would probably be serial killers if they weren't such pussies.

Last edited: