Crossed Swords 2 AES/MVS and Rom Thread.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I had spoke to Jeff a few days back on the current situation. He is in the process of finishing the ROM programming (just C ROMs left to do). Once complete the building and shipping will begin. The plan is the ship in the order they were purchased, those who ordered earlier will receive first. Once the shipping starts I'll let you all know. Of course each order will also receive an individual notification as your order is sent.

Raz

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Yeeeeeesss can't wait!

Will we get some signed special thingy for this release now?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
nothing planned at the moment for that.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Is it at all possible to get some kind of an update or assurance that the final rom set build for the game is both "functional" as well as "complete"? In other words, how many of these key elements have been implemented and actual hardware play tested to ensure that they are present & glitch free prior to production?

Does the game function properly in all formats & regions?
(MVS Japan, USA, Euro) & (Home Japan, USA, Euro)
Does the game credit properly on MVS boards? (such as having a title screen countdown timer)
Does the game display through a demo / attract mode correctly? (continuously without error)
Does the cartridge cycle to other carts in multi slot MVS boards? (Re: Knights Chance)
Does the game display Japanese text when used on systems with a Japan bios?
Does the cart use the correct Alpha higher pitched start up 330 mega splash screen jingle?
Does the cart access the correct Alpha font type as well?
Does the game load & save correctly onto the memory card?
Does it have a dedicated men card loading & saving splash screen?
What text does it display on its memory card save file? (need to verify to prevent overlapping)
Does the game have the additional text & subsequent options when in home mode as the CD version?
Does the work list on a debug bios display the correct NGM/NGH product code number?
Does the game have the same number of continues in home mode as the CD version?
Has it been play tested completely through on both the 1 player & 2 player sides? (as well as 2 player simultaneously)
Has the continue feature been thoroughly tested as well for immediate & delayed buy in?
Does the game have an initial entry or high score screen?
Will the game function properly on both NTSC & PAL systems?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Hi Billy. Yes, I pasted into your quote.

Is it at all possible to get some kind of an update or assurance that the final rom set build for the game is both "functional" as well as "complete"? In other words, how many of these key elements have been implemented and actual hardware play tested to ensure that they are present & glitch free prior to production?

Does the game function properly in all formats & regions?

Yes

(MVS Japan, USA, Euro) & (Home Japan, USA, Euro)

Yes

Does the game credit properly on MVS boards? (such as having a title screen countdown timer)

Yes

Does the game display through a demo / attract mode correctly? (continuously without error)

Yes

Does the cartridge cycle to other carts in multi slot MVS boards? (Re: Knights Chance)

Yes

Does the game display Japanese text when used on systems with a Japan bios?

Yes

Does the cart use the correct Alpha higher pitched start up 330 mega splash screen jingle?

Uses Jingle from CS1

Does the cart access the correct Alpha font type as well?

Uses font from Ghostlop.

Does the game load & save correctly onto the memory card?

Yes

Does it have a dedicated men card loading & saving splash screen?

Yes (unchanged from CD version)

What text does it display on its memory card save file? (need to verify to prevent overlapping)

Crossed Swords 2 (A or B)

Does the game have the additional text & subsequent options when in home mode as the CD version?

Yes but not the CD options, goes straight to a level select page given other options would not be on an AES.

Does the work list on a debug bios display the correct NGM/NGH product code number?

Yes.

Does the game have the same number of continues in home mode as the CD version?

No given the CD has unlimited. We have only 4.

Has it been play tested completely through on both the 1 player & 2 player sides? (as well as 2 player simultaneously)

Yes

Has the continue feature been thoroughly tested as well for immediate & delayed buy in?

Yes

Does the game have an initial entry or high score screen?

Same as CD.

Will the game function properly on both NTSC & PAL systems?

Its been tested at NTSC, no reason it will not work on PAL.

Updated to confirm debug work list seems accurate. (its a bios thing and not game thing anyway).

Last edited:

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Sounds like this will be an exceptionally high quality release :) Still can't wait to get my hands on CS2!

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Hi Guys,

Things are going well, Jeff has been very busy building carts given the programming state is complete. Presently the AES carts are done and he is working his way through the MVS carts. Once this is complete shipping will begin so its not far away now. Ideally we would have liked to have started shipping already but we are slightly over that time, its not bad given the unforeseen situations that have happened.

Hopefully later this week I will have some new photos for you guys and another update.

Raz

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I would if I could but I'm in Europe and the carts are in USA.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
To those that have ordered, its getting very close now :) To those that have not, there are a couple of MVS kits left.

If there are no other delays then it looks like shipping may start this weekend :)

I have been handed a couple of pictures to share, more coming soon hopefully. I will visit neo-geo.com chat later today (around 19:00 gmt) if anyone has any questions.

Attachments

• aessnap.jpg
    aessnap.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 213
  • mvsbox.jpg
    mvsbox.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 213
  • mvscarts.jpg
    mvscarts.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 215
Hi,
Thankyou for the update; I can't wait to receive and I'm really looking forward to finally playing this.
Unfortunately I'm not able to see the pictures, as I don't have permission to view the pages. If there are any mods reading who can help, that'd be much appreciated:)

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
To those that have ordered, its getting very close now :) To those that have not, there are a couple of MVS kits left.

If there are no other delays then it looks like shipping may start this weekend :)

It's almost here...! It's almost here! o_o

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hi,
Thankyou for the update; I can't wait to receive and I'm really looking forward to finally playing this.
Unfortunately I'm not able to see the pictures, as I don't have permission to view the pages. If there are any mods reading who can help, that'd be much appreciated:)

.../WAVES... as mod... FIRSTLY... Pics you requested...

aessnap_zpstwteqbkh.jpg

mvsbox_zpspua1kxce.jpg

mvscarts_zpsnqkpezj1.jpg

SECONDLY.... 1 post since JUN! I am appreciative you brought into Raz's CS 2 BUT... if you look at it from MY point of view... you look like a flipper, scammer... etc etc...

Think about it...

Just Joined...

Buys a previously unreleased AES, MVS game...

Has no discernable rep or references....

Catches Rot's attention...

xROTx

PS. This usually equals a kick in the balls... BUT... I'm all for helping Raz out at this time... hence, such actions by myself are restrained for a little while...

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
.../WAVES... as mod... FIRSTLY... Pics you requested...

aessnap_zpstwteqbkh.jpg

xROTx

:drool: Thanks Rot for posting these looking very tasty indeed. Big thanks to all that worked on these. Lots of hours and hard work but it will absolutely be worth it.

Hi, thanks for opening those pics

I actually bought this back in early July, and just wanted a chance to see the pics being posted. I don't have the time, energy, money or motivation to want to flip/scam or whatever it's called these days. Just a long-term games player, collector and developer who loves all things SNK/Neo.
I've actually been trying to get access to post on the forums, but don't seem to have permission to pm requests to do so. I've had a couple of convers with Jeff K and he actually referred me to you, so it's a good opportunity to ask for access if allowed.
No worries if not.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hi, thanks for opening those pics

I actually bought this back in early July, and just wanted a chance to see the pics being posted. I don't have the time, energy, money or motivation to want to flip/scam or whatever it's called these days. Just a long-term games player, collector and developer who loves all things SNK/Neo.
I've actually been trying to get access to post on the forums, but don't seem to have permission to pm requests to do so. I've had a couple of convers with Jeff K and he actually referred me to you, so it's a good opportunity to ask for access if allowed.
No worries if not.

Contribute on the forums... i know it can be scary n00b... but unless you post more... and CONTRIBUTE...

You will never have full account privileges...

xROTx

PS. I see you're in the UK... here's a phrase you'll understand... "It's not something for nothing...."