How long will this amiibo craze last?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
While making my circle today to look for any more of wave 3, I did happen to find more Sheik and Toon Link. If anybody here needs these, please let me know.

Hmm, are you only looking for trades, or would you sell outright? LMK!

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
GameStop just sent me the tracking number for the Shulk I ordered. Now only if they'd open the 4th wave to pre-orders then we'd be in business.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Can you just buy readily available Euro versions of the exclusives?

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
GameStop just sent me the tracking number for the Shulk I ordered. Now only if they'd open the 4th wave to pre-orders then we'd be in business.

Well that's a good sign at least. Did you order any others from GS or just Shulk?

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Well that's a good sign at least. Did you order any others from GS or just Shulk?

Just Shulk and Mega Man. So one got shipped and the other got delayed. I'm going to be ordering more of the 4th waves since I use more of the characters in that set.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I haven't heard anything about my Shilk preorder. To be honest I am kinda scared. I ordered mine online and chose in store pick up - but given that I recently learned GS does not charge you until you pick up your item I am very scared some employee holds onto it for their own. All of my wave 3 preorders have been through GS, damn wish I just had them shipped to me instead...

BatManG85

Goal! Goal! Goal!
A mom with her kid were yelling at a Target employee for Rosa chick. She was threatening to get him fired. I felt bad so I stepped in and told her "If you wanted it bad enough you should of been there Sunday morning as opposed to most likely being at a buffet. ......fucking fat bitch.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Sorry for the delay in answering, but for those asking about Sheik, I dont have any more BUT I will gladly be on the lookout for more of her. Also I do know she is set for official release this Friday at GameStop to coinicide with the release of the new 3DS. Shulk is also set to release in store this Friday. This is at GameStop.

This Friday at Toys r US marks the release of Sonic, Ike, DeDeDe, and Mega Man.

Meta Knight is the last to get an offical release on the 20th at Best Buy.

So if everything is correct this looks like the release list

February 13
New 3DS (all retailers)
Majoras Mask 3D (all retailers)
Shulk (GameStop exclusive)
Sheik (GameStop)
Toon Link (GameStop)
Ike (Toys r Us, Best Buy)
DeDeDe (Toys r Us, Best Buy)
Mega Man (Toys r Us)
Sonic (Toys r Us)

February 20
MetaKnight (Best Buy exclusive)
Ike (GameStop)
DeDeDe (GameStop)
Mega Man (GameStop, Best Buy)
Sonic (GameStop, Best Buy)

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Sorry for the delay in answering, but for those asking about Sheik, I dont have any more BUT I will gladly be on the lookout for more of her. Also I do know she is set for official release this Friday at GameStop to coinicide with the release of the new 3DS. Shulk is also set to release in store this Friday. This is at GameStop.

This Friday at Toys r US marks the release of Sonic, Ike, DeDeDe, and Mega Man.

Meta Knight is the last to get an offical release on the 20th at Best Buy.

So if everything is correct this looks like the release list

February 13
New 3DS (all retailers)
Majoras Mask 3D (all retailers)
Shulk (GameStop exclusive)
Sheik (GameStop)
Toon Link (GameStop)
Ike (Toys r Us, Best Buy)
DeDeDe (Toys r Us, Best Buy)
Mega Man (Toys r Us)
Sonic (Toys r Us)

February 20
MetaKnight (Best Buy exclusive)
Ike (GameStop)
DeDeDe (GameStop)
Mega Man (GameStop, Best Buy)
Sonic (GameStop, Best Buy)

Thanks for the info. How did you get all that?

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
It seems that it was re-stock day in Toronto stores. Walked into a TrU and picked a Lucario off the shelf, a couple King Dedede, a couple Sheik, and a couple Fox. Just throwing it out there, but if anyone has a Pit or Rosalina they would trade for Dedede or Fox, let me know.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Thanks for the info. How did you get all that?

A whole lot of driving around and asking. Having employees check inventory and shipping lists.

Also of note, GameStop doesnt have any SET release dates so when their amiibo arrive in store they can sell them THAT day.

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
None of the stores in my area have any amiibos left. At this point it seems like I'll just be pre-ordering the figures I want the most and forget the rest.

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
A mom with her kid were yelling at a Target employee for Rosa chick. She was threatening to get him fired. I felt bad so I stepped in and told her "If you wanted it bad enough you should of been there Sunday morning as opposed to most likely being at a buffet. ......fucking fat bitch.

That woman is a piece of shit for taking her aggression of the situation out on an employee who has NO control over supply or distribution. What a fucking waste of carbon she is.

Of course this situation wouldn't exist if Nintendo would knock off the artificial shortage nonsense and just replenish retailers with inventory like every other for-profit company would. :annoyed:

It seems that it was re-stock day in Toronto stores. Walked into a TrU and picked a Lucario off the shelf, a couple King Dedede, a couple Sheik, and a couple Fox. Just throwing it out there, but if anyone has a Pit or Rosalina they would trade for Dedede or Fox, let me know.

No Lucario to be had at the TRU by my house. I'm not really surprised though as like I said the area is rife with scalpers and resellers aplenty. I saw they had a 3 for $33 sale and also noticed they had 3 Sheiks in stock. I picked up 2 of the 3 for my cousins and since my Godchild was with me she picked Peach so we could get them for the sale price. :)

I guess the girl running the area determined that Sheik was rare because I had two in hand and after I inquired about Lucario she slinked over to the display case where the last Sheik was, pulled it out, and ran it over to the customer service desk to put it on hold. :lolz:

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Just got a text from GS they will have my Sheik tomorrow. Yeah I don't know why I went with in-store pickup. Having to go up there for every fucking one.

Bonga7

Zero's Secretary
Just a heads up for anyone looking, GS has Toon Link, Sheik, and Fox in stock for online order right now

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
I've started getting shipping estimate updates from amazon for the various pre-orders. I guess amazon is months behind retail release dates.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
This is the Neo forums...so I'm just going to let her rip...

I think all of you are bat-shit crazy. These things will be worth jack-shit in 10 years...

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
im not looking for any resale at all. I thought they are a pretty cool collectible but i had no idea how stupid this would become.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
im not looking for any resale at all. I thought they are a pretty cool collectible but i had no idea how stupid this would become.

Paying retail? (not that I even know what these things are even going for)...sure, ok. The "insta-value" bullshit? I will never understand that element.

Bonga7

Zero's Secretary
Shulk is available for order online at GS now. Not sure how long it will last but they do limit it to one per person.