How long will this amiibo craze last?

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Hey guys, idk how long these will last. But if you want Shulk, GameStop has opened up preorders for the next shipment to come May 1st. Have to go in store and pay in full though. Limit 1 per customer.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Just picked up a bowser, I really like the way his statue looks.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Strolled into Meijer tonight for some OJ and milk.

Picked these 3 guys up on the way out:

20150212_205529.jpg

The Mega Man package has a little bit of creases in the upper right hand corner.

I'll take $150 for each of 'em.

Hollar back at ur boy.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member

20150212_205529.jpg

The Mega Man package has a little bit of creases in the upper right hand corner.

Hollar back at ur boy.

I'll take all 3 + the pink gloves for $50 shipped.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
How much for the mysterious bottle of cleaning fluid?

I want to drink it.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member

20150212_205529.jpg

Hollar back at ur boy.

Someone's going to be in line for the next princess-wave. One of them... One of them... One of them. Shit, I better be careful. If I'm in Target, I tend to linger a little too long near the Amiibo display. We have shit out here. I've only seen like two of the rares ever in stores, a Fox and a Mega Man. Never saw a Villager even once, and that's the only one I was remotely interested in. Fuck, I should have bought that Fox too.

Damn it... See, it's starting. I don't want any of these fucking things. Stop it, Nintendo. STOP :(

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Y'all too slow.

Mega Man traded for a Pulstar cart.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
By making SOME amiibos rare, Nintendo can ensure ALL of their subsequent amiibo releases will sell for more than the number of players, as people will fear they may miss something if they didn't act fast to secure each release.

mario1up.gif

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,

20150212_205529.jpg

Hollar back at ur boy.

The Meijer stores on this side of town have been picked clean. :confused:

One of my cousins who I picked a Sheik up for the other day was out and about this morning making the rounds hoping to find one of those New 3DS XL Zelda systems and/or the LoZ:MM CE. As he was checking for that at the various stores he went to, he also perused the Amiibo selections.

At Toys R Us he told me he ran into an old co-worker of his from when he worked at Kroger. The guy was scoping out the Amiibo section looking for rares and my cousin told me he made no bones about buying them to flip. The funny thing about the story was that he said he was wearing this ratty baseball hat and on it he had attached his old Kroger name tag to it. What he had done was struck out the word "Kroger" and replaced it with "Amiibo Hunter". :rolleyes::oh_no::annoyed::emb:

He did stop by GameStop to look for the system and said he saw a woman picking up Shulk. It would have been nice if I knew they were in but I only got a notification for Sheik. :annoyed:

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
If you guys deal with any of the Amiibo sale/trade groups on Facebook, watch out for Japhei on there!
TyarTzo.jpg

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
If you guys deal with any of the Amiibo sale/trade groups on Facebook, watch out for Japhei on there!

Thanks for the heads up, hes actually been kinda active in those groups as well. Tried to do a couple deals with me. Now I know.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member

Somebody needs to get a current pic of him to update the mug shot transformation gif.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
My god....theres actually people straight up trading the limited edition majoras mask 3ds, just to get the "holy trinity".

This does not compute.

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
I decided to run up to GameStop before work today to get my Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate CE and to see if they had enough Shulk Amiibos to cover pre-orders. I managed to pick up Sheik, Shulk, and Toon Link. :)

I had enough time to swing into Best Buy down the street and their Amiibo selection was stripped bare.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member

20150212_205529.jpg

Hollar back at ur boy.

Mega Man looks awesome. All of them do.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Picked up some Toon Link and Sheik today for yall my favorite fogots! Asking MSRP + shipping. No flippers, real niggaz only.

I WILL DRAW A BIG CAULK ON EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM so you don't keep them sealed. Play with your toys godammit.

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
Shocked to see the other day the wal-mart in my area re-stocked on amiibos. Picked up a Zelda and Bowser. They also got Toon link in but a few people beat me to them.