Recent content by galfordo

1. galfordo

9 Dead at Umpqua Community College, Oregon

Still no correlation. Sorry Norton.
  2. galfordo

9 Dead at Umpqua Community College, Oregon

The problem is not with gun ownership. Note the negative correlation in the top two plots. Now check out the positive correlation between poverty and homocide in the bottom plot. Homocide rates by country and by state were taken from Wikipedia. Tell me where I'm wrong.
  3. galfordo

People and Shipping times

I think the longest I've ever waited to ship was two days after someone bought something. If your IQ is too high, you will probably require at least two months to ship something out.
  4. galfordo

Missouri gun murders 'rose after law repeal'

It makes no difference one way or the other. On average, it doesn't make you safer, and it doesn't put you in greater danger. This is an example of how gun ownership affects homicide rates (by state). If you produce a similar graph for all the countries of the world you'll get a similar result...
  5. galfordo

Super Street Fighter IV AE 2012 and Ultra Street Fighter IV - Vids and Discussion

Looking forward to the umpteenth version of SF4, mostly because I'll get to re-unite with my old bro Hugo (a bro's bro). Here's a vid of me getting lucky and blowing up a solid Guile player, this matchup usually ends badly for my Hawk. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q2ylU8nZKE Fuck, I need a...
  6. galfordo

The AR-15 can shoot down planes and blow up railroads!

The reverend Jesse Jackson has provided us with an interesting couple of facts. Strangely, the .223/5.56 round is not allowed for deer hunting because it lacks sufficient stopping power. But I'm sure it could blow up a railroad no problem. We're just lucky these things haven't been used to...
  7. galfordo

The Wonders of Netflix

So, I just got finished watching this little masterpiece: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xju8fn_damned-river-trailer_shortfilms Follow the high-flying adventures of "Ray the River Rat", an ambitious young man with a bit of a chip on his shoulder and a penchant for tossing severed heads. He's...
  8. galfordo

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition 2012

Mostly just making this thread to talk about strategies and set up matches. But also to talk about some of the bullshit I see online. The most annoying of which being sudden and severe lag spikes at the most inopportune times ... AKA when then other guy's getting flattened. Anyway, for...
  9. galfordo

Pure Awesomeness

Turns out spam ain't so bad after all. http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/01/28/5942012-spam-text-kills-a-suicide-bomber-saves-hundreds
  10. galfordo

FS: Loose MVS carts, JPN AES, US MVS Full Kits

1) Offers are welcome, but lowball offers will be ignored. 2) Shipping will most likely be FedEx, and is not included. 3) Basically, my policy is first come, first serve. The first person to confirm a deal for a given piece or package will be given a 24 hr. window to send payment via Paypal...
  11. galfordo

Juan Williams' Firing: W.T.F.

This was some seriously chickenshit nonsense from NPR, political correctness at its worst. I don't agree with a lot of what Juan says, and very often we're on the opposite side of the fence. But I have always appreciated and respected his perspective as an honest and reasonable journalist...
  12. galfordo

FS: Loose MVS carts, JPN AES, US MVS Full Kits

1) Offers are welcome, but lowball offers will be ignored. 2) Shipping will most likely be FedEx, and is not included. 3) Basically, my policy is first come, first serve. The first person to confirm a deal for a given piece or package will be given a 24 hr. window to send payment via Paypal...
  13. galfordo

WTB: Metal Slug 2 MVS DIP sheet

Looking for a DIP sheet for the MVS version of Metal Slug 2. An art set would also do the trick. PM me if you've got one.