Recent content by Jeneki

1. Jeneki

Evercade thread

Glover uses a lot of buttons for camera control. I can see why the VS and EXP added more shoulder buttons (compared to the original handheld) as they'll definitely be needed here. Hopefully the analog to d-pad conversion works ok in this game. Worst case scenario, eh it's Glover does anyone...
  2. Jeneki

News from SPAAAAACE!

Congratulations to Japan for landing on the moon.
  3. Jeneki

Shinorubi (PC Steam, Switch, Xbox, PS4/5)

Wasn't this released a few years ago? (checks) Oh I see the console versions are new. Also looks like the Steam version is still sitting in early access for some reason. I'll give it props for 120fps which my setup supports. But this'll likely sit in my wishlist for all eternity waiting for...
  4. Jeneki

MISTer FPGA?

lol XTREME FPGA HARDWARE May as well add some logos for Alienware and Mountain Dew while we're at it.
  5. Jeneki

December SOTM Vote - Back of the Game Center - Vote Ends 12/1 @ Midnight!

Something interesting I learned about Gun Frontier during the Arcade Archives release, is the western version is called Gun & Frontier. If you look really close at the title screen, you can see a teeny tiny & symbol. Seems totally random lol.
  6. Jeneki

Universe - Gradius Fan Game

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me about this one. Definitely want to check it out.
  7. Jeneki

Irem Collection 1-5 Bundle (SL) (PS4, PS5, Switch)

I like Irem, but SLG sitting on my money for god knows how long makes these an easy pass. I see a few import stores have a listing for an upcoming Japanese release of vol 1; I'll wait and see how those develop instead.
  8. Jeneki

Evercade thread

Atari carts will be missed. I agree the arcade cart is borked though. Yes that was common back then. Even Quake 1 had vertical auto-aim, although most multiplayer servers later disabled it.
  9. Jeneki

SOTM October 2023 Voting

The Cotton 2 / Guardian Force collection got patched to about the same level of latency as the other S-Tribute releases. Still pretty noticeable, especially if you regularly play on a Saturn, but not as over-the-top-wtf as before.
  10. Jeneki

Final Exerion

Yes. You basically have to commit to your cutbacks a second before they happen, so macro dodging over micro dodging is key. Also, the 2-shot spread is a couple pixels too wide; sometimes enemies will squeeze in between them, so you have to aim slightly off center when using that shot. Since...
  11. Jeneki

Evercade thread

I keep misreading Goodboy Galaxy as Goodbye Galaxy. Probably because Commander Keen came up earlier.
  12. Jeneki

Tatsujin Extreme

The bigger enemies have a nice amount of explosive pop to them. But time for real questions: Will there be a new Classic Game Room Truxton album?
  13. Jeneki

Playing shooters as an old man with bad hands

Check out the Peplos ship with autofire, the damage output is surprisingly good. Thanks to a local buddy for pointing this out to me a while back.
  14. Jeneki

SOTM September 2023: Blazing Star

The other thing you can do with the angel: Collect it at any level, but then don't shoot until it starts to fly away. Then the next one that appears will be the Special Angel. Collect the Special Angel, and while it's active every object you destroy will drop a powerup. If you have the...
  15. Jeneki

Batman ‘91 Pinball: Data East

I mostly remember the Batman table for the upper-right museum thing, for getting more balls in play. Was a nice take on multiball mechanics as you re-lock balls to get even more. Speaking of Data East tables, I always have to play Royal Rumble when I see it just for the OOOH YEAH. I know of...